Tell me about a Century Arms C93

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,458 Senior Member
Because I am looking at one now.... $550 price range. How hard is the aftermarket world on these? How hard is it to scope, and change stocks? Ideas?
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Comments

• snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Because I am looking at one now.... $550 price range. How hard is the aftermarket world on these? How hard is it to scope, and change stocks? Ideas?

I don't know but the article I read said they are an HK for all intents and purposes for a $600 price range. Sounds like a deal to me, but then I'm on occasion guilty of enabling.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!

Since I'm not yet into ARs-Aks or any of these I don't look around at these much. I sometimes feel guilty of enabling when I make recommendations on here, but this time YOU are the enabler. When I saw this, not knowing much about it, I did a search or two and now you got me wanting one. This rifle sounds fantastic! Who needs an AR when you can have an H&K clone? And for a little less?:cool2:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/06/14/century-arms-c93-hk-93-rifle-review/

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it comes with a bayonet and not one but Two steel 40 round mags? If this thing's worth a nickle I think I'm in love !!!

But since I am up to my neck in ignorance on this type firearm, I'm going to be doing some research and watching this thread closely.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,555 Senior Member
    From what I've read, things with "Century Arms" on them can be... iffy. The bolt action rifles or fine, but stuff they've made from parts kits is subject to so-so quality control. I wouldn't buy one unless I really knew what I was looking at.

I believe the mags are design-specific and pricey (about $20 each) and the design might be hard on brass, like the larger 7.62 HK 91 is.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Decisions decisions....
    I'm in love with a Glock
    I also think that in order to mount a scope or red dot you have to use a special claw mount.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,548 Senior Member
    I also think that in order to mount a scope or red dot you have to use a special claw mount.

This is true, actually there are a couple of mounts available, but the old STANAG mount is the most stable...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/06/14/century-arms-c93-hk-93-rifle-review/

No the article I read says there's a Picatinny rail for it that's much cheaper than the claw.
  • Wheelsman56Wheelsman56 Member Posts: 225 Member
    I believe that Beartracker has one and enjoys it.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,548 Senior Member
    The Picatinny rail mount is still a "clamp on"....had one on my G3....not impressed..."cheaper" doesn't necessarily equate to" better"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    snake284-1 wrote: »

No the article I read says there's a Picatinny rail for it that's much cheaper than the claw.

The rail is held on with the same style claw mounts. They don't use the same clamping mechanism, but it's still a claw hold.

http://www.robertrtg.com/hklowprofilescopemount.html

utg_lowmnt.jpg

Not unless, that is, you get the $75 rail from HK Parts and weld it on.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Picatinny-Rail-For-HK-Receivers-On-sale-169p1446.htm
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Funny, I looked at the weld on rail earlier. Couldn't help but think of my old buz box out in the garage :tooth:
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Yeah, but at $75 for a weld-on chunk of rail....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Don't HK use the fluted chamber....or it that just FN-FAL/CTEME?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    I think they do. I picked up some brass once at the range that had a bunch of longitudinal stripes like it came out of a fluted chamber.

BTW, CETMEs what the HKs were derived from. FN-FAL's a whole 'nother animal.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Pardon my ignorance Bream....I quit paying attention to those rifles after awhile due to that fluted chamber thing. I like lamp now. :tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I think they do. I picked up some brass once at the range that had a bunch of longitudinal stripes like it came out of a fluted chamber.

BTW, CETMEs what the HKs were derived from. FN-FAL's a whole 'nother animal.

Didn't we have a whole thread on this not to long ago?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Yeah so what....shaddup an keep posting!:tooth:
    Didn't we have a whole thread on this not to long ago?
    Probably. Cool thing about this forum: we don't tell folks "we covered that, search the archives."
    Overkill is underrated.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,717 Senior Member
    They destroy brass. If you can find it after it launches it.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    I haven't heard anything bad about the recent ones but I I is the early C93's they were doing were less than stellar. Make sure if you get one it is a recent import. The first few batches were known for various problems.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file