The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Comments

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,217 Senior Member
    w-i-f-e?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,344 Senior Member
    BAM! :rotflmao:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,048 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Attending an event with Wifeys Aunt in Clearfield, Pa
    It is only 40 deg. Brrrrr, but was only 28 earlier

Same state, but about 5 hours west of me...bummer.
    Support your local Scouts!
    Spent yesterday attending the Veterans' day presentation in town while our Scout kids were presenting colors half an hour away. Today, Scout kiddos and I went an hour away to a retirement home (our first time, our troop and pack's 6th time) to do a Veterans' day program for the 12 Veterans there. It appears that for a few of them, we are their only visitors for the year. Felt good even before hearing that.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,588 Senior Member
    Spent 3.5 hours participating in the Legion post's AUX unit's poppy fund drive this AM.

Many generous people out there, unless they drove a Cadillac; then it was sorta like being on active duty
    those folks pretending they do not see you.

But, with the wind-chill it was colder than a well diggers posterior.
    My new Signature
    Worked the MBR floor today. From a materials standpoint, I'm just BCH over the halfway point - I'm 2/3rds the way across the MBR, including the two small walk ins, but I have the large walk in (costume closet) yet to do as well. My right leg is NOT happy with me right now, gonna have to hit the pain meds pretty hard tonite to be able to sleep. I just can't work on projects like this at the pace I could when I was younger. So tomorrow I'll touch up the newly completed section's baseboards, go to the grocery like I should have 2 days ago, and then get ready and go perform tomorrow nite. A dual performance, first a folkloric duette with a dance sister, then a costume change and a solo that I have yet to figure out what I'm gonna do. I *really* don't like costume changes, but they're a sometime fact of dance life. One of my teachers can do a complete costume change in about 60-90 seconds, including jewelry and a makeup touch-up. :worthy: Its pretty incredible, I have NO idea of how she can do it that fast! 45 years of dance will teach that I guess!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,648 Senior Member
    Know how to keep a group of jackasses in suspense?

I'll post dead deer pics....sometime.

Right now, I'm enjoying a DEAD STILL cold evening with a bright moon overhead. The only noise is the crackling of the fire, coyotes, a Pilated woodpecker that didn't know it was his bed time, and a couple deer that don't know they are supposed to be afraid of a campfire. (They got within 50 yards of camp)
    Life's good.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    so; you shot it this time?
    My new Signature
    CPJ's learning from Buffy again...

Probably road kill
    My new Signature
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,451 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    so; you shot it this time?

lJuC6t5.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That H110 powder gummed up my RCBS powder trickler like a bucket a sand in a fishing reel. Been a long day dealin' with that.:yawn:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    NN wrote: »
    Probably road kill

Snort! :rotflmao:

• RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 806 Senior Member
    Found my gun cabinet keys again, after several months. I really need to remember where I stash stuff.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,451 Senior Member
    Even though I knew it wasn't good for Ohio State, I couldn't help myself.............. I cheered for Iowa!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Rimfire wrote: »
    Found my gun cabinet keys again, after several months. I really need to remember where I stash stuff.

That's OK - I lost my Kindle at least 9 months ago. Have ZERO clue as to where I left it.

Veterans Day Pics...

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,217 Senior Member
    Rimfire wrote: »

Ongoing theme
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Rip-roaring head cold. Performance canceled. Feel like dog doo-doo. That is all.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,621 Senior Member
    Deprimed and cleaned 1000 45ACP cases today.

9e5ff963143003574290bc72cc098632.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice piccy there, TT. I've added it to my computer wallpaper rotation!

another night of looking thru old photos. Some may have been posted before...sorry.

More flashbacks...

Broken throttle return spring...1989
    OUCH.jpg

New car 1990
    ASPHALT.jpg

1991 small block Chevy
    ASPHALT2.jpg

1991 Brother's Big block Chevy
    bigblock_zpsxxvormor.jpg
    Deprimed and cleaned 1000 45ACP cases today.

9e5ff963143003574290bc72cc098632.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a pile of freshly minef gold :tooth:
    roadking wrote: »
    another night of looking thru old photos. Some may have been posted before...sorry.

More flashbacks...

Broken throttle return spring...1989
    OUCH.jpg

New car 1990
    ASPHALT.jpg

1991 small block Chevy
    ASPHALT2.jpg

1991 Brother's Big block Chevy
    bigblock_zpsxxvormor.jpg

I had a broken throttle return spring once. In my case I was pulling a trailer up Vail pass with an 85' International cabover. I just had to turn the key off and pull over :tooth:
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,621 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Like a pile of freshly minef gold :tooth:

They look so empty!
    I had a broken throttle return spring once. In my case I was pulling a trailer up Vail pass with an 85' International cabover. I just had to turn the key off and pull over :tooth:

:rotflmao::spittingcoffee:
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 806 Senior Member
    Ongoing theme

I know. As soon as she-who-must-be-obeyed leaves for several hours I'll remove the old gus safe and replace it with a digital-code safe w/ a battery backup.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
    Im watching The Homesman starring Tommy Lee Jones.

Why didn't these fools wait until summer?:uhm:
    The coulda cared for them gals till summer. Too darn cold for that wagon ride in winter.

I promptly put a new throttle pedal in the car with a toe-over to prevent future events...a $1 piece (the spring) cost a whole bunch of $. The toe over from Troyer was only $25, I believe.
    roadking wrote: »
    I promptly put a new throttle pedal in the car with a toe-over to prevent future events...a $1 piece (the spring) cost a whole bunch of $. The toe over from Troyer was only $25, I believe.

Believe it or not, well walking to a phone for help I found thr broken spring in thr road. Called the mechanics for instructions, borrowed some tools from a road crew and fixed the spring. I was the mechanics hero that day as I saved em' a road trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file