The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    The Mississippi State Lady Bulldogs snapped UCONN'S 111 game win streak last night to advance to the national championship!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched that final few minutes of regulation and the end of over time (sorry, but Big Jake was airing on another station). That last second buzzer beater was really great.

I noticed that Dak Prescott was in attendance, which isn't too surprising considering he played his college ball at Mississippi State. Also, one of the VPs of the company I work for is an alumn.

Now, it will be an all SEC final.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    I couldn't watch. The 1 time I tuned in UConn went on a scoring tear so I turned away so I wouldn't jinx them.

Plus, our baseball team beat in state rival Ole Miss!! It was a good night to be a Bulldawg
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    Got the kids cold. I feel lousy between bouts of death warmed over. Coughing up art projects.

ouch!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,268 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    It's got a speed switch, and a reversing switch. Wouldn't need the speed switch, and I've been trying to figure out why I would need reverse. Only thing I've come up with is using the mill to tap, which scares the crap out of me. I've seen it done, but I know my luck. SNAP goes the tap! And no more holes than I tap anyway, I can use the me powered tap.

Left hand drill bits are handy for drilling out a broken bolt. Sometimes relieving some pressure during drilling will cause the bolt to back out with the drill. I have had more than one occasion where using a reverse cutting tool in a fly cutter to get a smoother cut on a workpiece was a huge advantage. Fly cutters are cool tools for facing off a wide area; you'll like one the first time you try it.

No way would I attempt tapping with a mill under power. That's just crazy talk! :silly: :tooth:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,368 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Left hand drill bits are handy for drilling out a broken bolt. Sometimes relieving some pressure during drilling will cause the bolt to back out with the drill. I have had more than one occasion where using a reverse cutting tool in a fly cutter to get a smoother cut on a workpiece was a huge advantage. Fly cutters are cool tools for facing off a wide area; you'll like one the first time you try it.

No way would I attempt tapping with a mill under power. That's just crazy talk! :silly: :tooth:
    I've watched a good number of videos where they do it. Watch Mr Pete on you tube thread a rod with a die on the lathe under power. Had a fancy die holder that went in the tail stock.
    But, I know what would happen if I tried it.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Watching Riders of the purple sage.
    Great job reproducing the story in movie form
    :up::up:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    Spent about 30 minutes today machining a screw out of stainless for a lodge brother of mine. The good part is that its the front action screw for a Mosin Nagant, which I have. Its always easier when you have something in hand to measure from. 1/4 32 is bastardish to me but it turned out perfect. Made a simple jig from a piece of 1x1 wood for sawing the screw slot.
    Did most of my widow fleecing today, and fleeced my cousin. Her gas fireplace wasn't working. Never worked on one, but it wasn't that hard. A safety switch wasn't engaging, a little CLP (it's what he had) freed up the damper and operated the switch. Then it still wouldn't light. Tested the thermopile and it was reading 100 MV less than it should. So can't test anything else with that bad part. We cleaned it, and it improved, but still wasn't putting out enough voltage. Which the magic number was something north of 300 milivolts we end up with 280. I can fart more voltage than that.
    So I may mow one yard tomorrow, then hopefully get to play in the garage.
    Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,736 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Watching Riders of the purple sage.
    Great job reproducing the story in movie form
    :up::up:

Loved the book. I usually avoid movies based on books I've read because I'm almost always disappointed in the translation to the screen.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,983 Senior Member
    Got the new stereo installed in the car. Of course, even though both the old and the new units were made by the same people (JVC), the plugs were different - so I got to splice in the new plug. The good news was that the new and old plug assemblies at least had the same color coding. The old unit had a remote control - for whatever brain dead reason one would want a remote control on a car stereo. The new one didn't have a remote, but the manual talks about a separately sold one. The old remote works just FINE with the new unit - and will get about as much use as it did with the old one - whatever!

No more skipping CDs, no mysterious self-turning on, etc, plus it will play from a geek stick and Bluetooth with my fone.

Had the girl down the street come down today and detail the whole thing, then it goes back to the shop tomorrow for a valve adjustment, and apparently new shocks as there's something rattling from the rear of the car. I'll have him check the glow plugs, change the oil, plus fuel filters while he has it as I'm out of time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Dinner was fried fish, huspuppies and green onions. Pretty tasty.
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    Summer squash & and chicken stew over rice
    I have a need for speed
    It's 78 and I'm sitting on the patio with the dogs, a nice Sauvignon blanc and Bach's Violin Concerto No. 1. Supper will be a Grilled chicken Caesar salad which should be up any minuet now.

3eda144e14389aea1facd3be0511c3f1.jpg
    Groucho Marx
    zorba wrote: »
    Got the new stereo installed in the car. Of course, even though both the old and the new units were made by the same people (JVC), the plugs were different - so I got to splice in the new plug. The good news was that the new and old plug assemblies at least had the same color coding. The old unit had a remote control - for whatever brain dead reason one would want a remote control on a car stereo. The new one didn't have a remote, but the manual talks about a separately sold one. The old remote works just FINE with the new unit - and will get about as much use as it did with the old one - whatever!

No more skipping CDs, no mysterious self-turning on, etc, plus it will play from a geek stick and Bluetooth with my fone.

Had the girl down the street come down today and detail the whole thing, then it goes back to the shop tomorrow for a valve adjustment, and apparently new shocks as there's something rattling from the rear of the car. I'll have him check the glow plugs, change the oil, plus fuel filters while he has it as I'm out of time!

How did the windshield replacement go? Everything get fixed up OK at the body shop?
    Groucho Marx
    Dinner was fried fish, huspuppies and green onions. Pretty tasty.

Sounds delicious. I remember when my innards were young enough to be able to eat like that...sigh! :tooth:
    Groucho Marx
    How did the windshield replacement go? Everything get fixed up OK at the body shop?

Yep, all fixee. I had the Body Shop fix a minor problem with the driver's door strap while they had it.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Sounds delicious. I remember when my innards were young enough to be able to eat like that...sigh! :tooth:

I was good all weekend. Actually down some pounds today. But had the fish and needed to cook it. And don't be jealous of my younger innards, they aren't real happy with me, currently.
    Zee
    Got one HECK of a send off surprise party from the Belly Dancers at the show I was in on Saturday! Lots of jewelry, mainly earrings, gifted to me, plus one of those huge "We'll miss you" cards. Two more performances to go before I leave, so I Hennaed my hair today. Didn't have my gloves, so my hands are now Oompa-Loompa orange - it'll fade in about a week.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,552 Senior Member

3eda144e14389aea1facd3be0511c3f1.jpg

You seem to have a rat infestation on your patio............... :uhm:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    You seem to have a rat infestation on your patio............... :uhm:

:spittingcoffee:
    Groucho Marx
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,552 Senior Member
    I was good all weekend. Actually down some pounds today. But had the fish and needed to cook it. And don't be jealous of my younger innards, they aren't real happy with me, currently.

Ditto. We had pork and sauerkraut ......

ob_d239b6_anigif-enhanced-buzz-3680-1352139398-5.gif
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    Blackened chicken breast, baked beans, and collards. Debbie made a bread pudding for dessert that's cooling off right now and I'd love a glass of bourbon right now but I don't have any at the ranch. I'll have to make due with a glass of sweet tea.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,178 Senior Member
    Grilled a couple of brauts with fried taters.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,071 Senior Member
    Hey Rugerfan, i signed up to shoot the MS STATE Championship NSSF match at the end of July in Biloxi. Gonna be hot as, well Mississippi.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Blackened chicken breast, baked beans, and collards. Debbie made a bread pudding for dessert that's cooling off right now and I'd love a glass of bourbon right now but I don't have any at the ranch. I'll have to make due with a glass of sweet tea.

Funny thing...I had my first bread pudding about a mont ago. It's one of those things that just never sounded good. Now that I have had it...I want Susan to learn to make it!
    Groucho Marx
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Hey Rugerfan, i signed up to shoot the MS STATE Championship NSSF match at the end of July in Biloxi. Gonna be hot as, well Mississippi.

In July it certainly will be. On the beach there's always a breeze. But I imagine the range isn't near the beach. Good luck!
    It's 78 and I'm sitting on the patio with the dogs, a nice Sauvignon blanc and Bach's Violin Concerto No. 1. Supper will be a Grilled chicken Caesar salad which should be up any minuet now.

What you did there...

I see it.
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Listening to some country music on Pandora, I had two thoughts....

1. Red Sovine owes his career to the long-haul trucking industry.
    2. In Sovine's song "Phantom 309," he talks of the truck driver Big Joe as being a big man at 210 lbs. Oh, how times have changed...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Guys used to be that small? :jester:
    George Carlin
    Computers suck, work sucks, bosses suck, people in general suck, tourists in particular suck. And rain sucks. I need a ing vacation.
    Zee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file