The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Comments

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,604 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Well, mortar forker.
    Muzzle brake no es bueno. Think the bullet is hitting the brake. Threw my shots 5-6" high, and in a 4-6" group, where without it hits point of aim in a one inch group. But, it does work. Back to the lathe I suppose, after a more detailed inspection and some pondering.
    It is hitting the brake----not much or the group would be worse
    I guess it ain't loose, hey.
    My new Signature
    Bullets wobble?
    My new Signature
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,662 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Move the target 5-6" higher.................
    If it was grouping I would, you ninny.
    NN wrote: »
    It is hitting the brake----not much or the group would be worse
    I guess it ain't loose, hey.
    Nope. Not loose. On closer inspection I can juuuuust see a bit of copper. It ain't much. Can't be much. Otherwise it would be way far off.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,349 Senior Member
    If runners run, dancers dance, and shooters shoot; do waters wat, and bladders blad? :uhm:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    FINALLY got the wife to cut the cord! :applause:

Cable got shut off permanently. Good riddance.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Thought I had a chip in my work van window. Ran it by the local window guru that we use. SUPER good guy. He came out to greet me, told him I had a couple of chips I just noticed. He was TEN FEET from the window and said "those? Those have been fixed already." How the HELL he could see that was beyond me. But he showed me the holes that they drill when they fix them. Guess when that's your job, you can spot repairs. He told me " I love taking your companies money, but I'm gonna earn it." He had opened the passenger door to look at another spot I noticed, same deal it had already been fixed. He grabbed the trash from my floor saying "I pay the same for a full dumpster as an empty one, I'll take your trash for you". Just a modest little shop, nothing fancy if not a little dumpy. But the dudes word is gold, and he does excellent work. And he's FAST. I watched him remove and install a window in my old van, start to finish in about 20 minutes. I made a comment about how fast he was, he said "when you've done something for over 30 years, you learn a trick or two."
    Zee
    If it was grouping I would, you ninny.

Nope. Not loose. On closer inspection I can juuuuust see a bit of copper. It ain't much. Can't be much. Otherwise it would be way far off.
    Yeah, we had a company at the Basic School go in gual at the rifle range----turned out the flash suppresser was defecting the bullet.
    My new Signature
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,043 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    The eastern Indian "dot", Belly Dancers often wear fancy stick on ones:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9905&d=1495061372

Turns out I have a pile of them that I didn't know about. With care, you can get a couple or three uses out of one.

I betch'a it don't look like THAT on you :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,043 Senior Member
    Looks like Zorba is really taking to the Florida lifestyle :tooth:
    Zorba.jpg
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,094 Senior Member
    Yeah, we had a company at the Basic School go in gual at the rifle range----turned out the flash suppresser was defecting the bullet.

They used flash suppressors on Muskets? :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »

BAM!
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,094 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Zorba.jpg

That ain't right............besides he ain't got nuthin on cpj in his Spandex Bicycle Shorts..............:tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    M-14
    My new Signature
    [img]http://img.photobug][/img]
    Help
    My new Signature
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,476 Senior Member
    I'm baking a new apple bar mix right now. If I survive the experiment and they taste as good as they smell, I'll bring a few pans of it to the Shoot. Big Chief and Ned can eat the first ones. :roll2: :tooth:
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,878 Senior Member
    We survived the 'nader warnings. Some jackass set off the 'nader siren causing me to put on pants.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,915 Senior Member
    Did you drill that hole in the brake, or use a chucking reamer? If I want a precision hole I drill it 1/64" undersize and use a multi-flute reamer to make sure the hole is round and straight.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,915 Senior Member
    We survived the 'nader warnings.

I thought Ralph died!
    :jester:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    Did you drill that hole in the brake, or use a chucking reamer? If I want a precision hole I drill it 1/64" undersize and use a multi-flute reamer to make sure the hole is round and straight.
    Jerry

I used a drill bit, knowing full well a reamer is the proper tool. For the same reason you had a brake rotor clamped to your lathe with scrap metal,duct tape and bailing wire. It's what I had.
    Zee
    Help

Yes, PLEASE!

I betch'a it don't look like THAT on you :tooth:

Better. :jester:

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    Nasty storm last evening - buckets o' rain, winds to shake the house, green skies. Pups were plastered all over us.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    You'd think I'd have every veil ever needed by a dancer - but I had to buy yet another one, 3-1/2 yards of blue/turquoise 5mm silk for the new troupe here in Florida. Nice veil - pretty and it floats well, but silk is never cheap! :yikes:

zorba wrote: »
    You'd think I'd have every veil ever needed by a dancer - but I had to buy yet another one, 3-1/2 yards of blue/turquoise 5mm silk for the new troupe here in Florida. Nice veil - pretty and it floats well, but silk is never cheap! :yikes:

Shtuff I never thought I'd hear when joining a gun forum so many years ago...
    Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,452 Senior Member
    Shtuff I never thought I'd hear when joining a gun forum so many years ago...

No different then the manties really................
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    tennmike wrote: »
    I'm baking a new apple bar mix right now. If I survive the experiment and they taste as good as they smell, I'll bring a few pans of it to the Shoot. Big Chief and Ned can eat the first ones. :roll2: :tooth:
    I can't eat apples
    My new Signature
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    No different then the manties really................

It's a lot different.
    Zee
    I used a drill bit, knowing full well a reamer is the proper tool. For the same reason you had a brake rotor clamped to your lathe with scrap metal,duct tape and bailing wire. It's what I had.

I strongly suggest two reamers for your 'secret squirrel' project, one for the back end, and one for the front end. A drill bit hole at either end is not good.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

I can't eat apples

Want me to substitute raisins, peaches, or some other froot? Name your pizen and I'll substitute. Ain't nothin' but a thang to substitute. :tooth:

It's a lot different.

True enough. It takes a lot of skill and practice to dance with a veil - I teach classes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file