The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,983 Senior Member
    I somehow managed to go 5 weeks between eyebrow waxings.

That was a class A+ mistake.

Hurt a bit more than usual!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,368 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Some other DB?

Correct!
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    But we had fresh guacamole, served in a tortilla chalupa cup with house tortilla chips.

Then I had Texan Chicken stack;

A double chicken breast chargrilled with crispy bacon, portabello grilled mushrooms, jack cheese and Texas BBQ sauce. Served with beans, zingy coleslaw and fries.

Say it ain't so!

Sounds like Mexican food to me. But, Texas is lousy with Mexican food restaurants, so I guess you can call it Texan if you wish.

On a side note, I just finished a wonderful lunch prepared by my lovely wife. We live in Texas, were both born and raised here, so I guess anything she cooks qualifies as "Texan". Here's what she fixed for lunch.

- chicken fried steak
    - mashed potatoes and white gravy
    - boiled yellow squash
    - fresh tomatoes
    - baked fresh asparagus with parmesan
    - black eyed peas
    - fresh white peach slices for dessert
    - iced tea (mine unsweet, hers' sweet)

I ate too much, though, and am ready for an afternoon nap.

There's also this notion of "soul food". I was in my 20s before I ever heard of it, and had no idea what it was. When I did learn what it was, I realized I grew up eating it. Except for greens, that is. You can have my share of those.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    Had my second radiofrequency ablation this morning. They hit L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1 on the left side. Two weeks ago, he hit the same levels on the right side. At least laying on ice is not as uncomfortable on a hot summer day.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    3600 RPM, 30HP, 990 ccs of American built V-twin goodness this afternoon. Gas is hooked up to the genny and she fired right off.

That was the easy part.

Next is getting the transfer panel mounted and all the wiring done.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    3600 RPM, 30HP, 990 ccs of American built V-twin goodness this afternoon. Gas is hooked up to the genny and she fired right off.

That was the easy part.

Next is getting the transfer panel mounted and all the wiring done.

You can use extension cords for the short term to run lights and the refer and such, right.
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,268 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

There's also this notion of "soul food". I was in my 20s before I ever heard of it, and had no idea what it was. When I did learn what it was, I realized I grew up eating it. Except for greens, that is. You can have my share of those.

I liked that lunch menu, except for the asparagus. I hate that stuff.
    Same with me with the soul food thing. I grew up eating it. And so did every family in the country farming community I lived in; it isn't like we had much choice in the matter.
    As to the greens, they serve only one purpose of which I'm aware. Eating a big mess of greens will clean out your 'exhaust pipe' from stomach exit to the brown starfish. And it doesn't take long, so one should not stray too far from the bathroom, outhouse, or somewhere you can 'paint' the scenery in the woods. It comes on you all of a sudden! :silly: :silly: :tooth:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

NN wrote: »
    You can use extension cords for the short term to run lights and the refer and such, right.

Push come to shove, I can patch it into the main panel temporarily.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,021 Senior Member
    3600 RPM, 30HP, 990 ccs of American built V-twin goodness

Your generator has a Harley engine?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    That would make for an annoyingly loud generator!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,244 Senior Member

And if a lineman is working close to your house trying to restore power that could backfeed down the line and ruin his day. Not a good idea.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

As long as you can isolate the house from the power grid without removing the meter.
    I have a need for speed
    As long as you can isolate the house from the power grid without removing the meter.

Exactly.

Teach wrote: »
    Your generator has a Harley engine?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

Don't Harley V-twins redline around 1500?!

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,286 Senior Member
    and that was way to much horsepower for a Harley.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Isolate, meaning completely isolate. Hot, not, and gnd.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,901 Senior Member

Same here, except I thought it was Okie food, since both of my parents grew up in rural Oklahoma, and I like greens. Texan food (to me) was steak and baked potato, or barbecued anything, which I hardly ever had till I was grown.

Mexican food was anything with chili powder and jalapenos, and later on, cilantro. Of course, there are a million different versions of Texas Mexican food, and I like most of them, if I can sort of recognize the meat (preferably no cats or rats). Cabrito (goat) is my least favorite, but I'll eat it if it's spicy and the beer is cold..
    bisley wrote: »
    Same here, except I thought it was Okie food, since both of my parents grew up in rural Oklahoma, and I like greens. Texan food (to me) was steak and baked potato, or barbecued anything, which I hardly ever had till I was grown.

Mexican food was anything with chili powder and jalapenos, and later on, cilantro. Of course, there are a million different versions of Texas Mexican food, and I like most of them, if I can sort of recognize the meat (preferably no cats or rats). Cabrito (goat) is my least favorite, but I'll eat it if it's spicy and the beer is cold..

One of my favorite things about moving back to Texas is the abundance of barbeque places. In Colorado, there was Rudy's in Colorado Springs, which is about 40 miles from where I lived. Now, I have about half dozen good bbq joints within a few miles. Other than Rudy's, the few bbq places near where I lived in Colorado were not that great. They thought that brisket could only be served shredded (not sliced), and that baked beans was the proper side dish instead of pinto beans. I don't know what's wrong with those folks, but they don't know bbq from Shinola.

Catfish is also pretty darn popular around here, which is fine by me. There's a greasy spoon within a few miles that has great fried catfish, as well as shrimp and burgers.

And, last but not least, it seems that Granbury must be the bakery capital of Texas. They're all over the place, and all of them seem to be owned and operated by Asian people.
    Jerry

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,901 Senior Member
    Yeah, the best donuts I have ever eaten have come from Viet Namese bakers.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,194 Senior Member
    One of my favorite things about moving back to Texas is the abundance of barbeque places. In Colorado, there was Rudy's in Colorado Springs, which is about 40 miles from where I lived. Now, I have about half dozen good bbq joints within a few miles. Other than Rudy's, the few bbq places near where I lived in Colorado were not that great. They thought that brisket could only be served shredded (not sliced), and that baked beans was the proper side dish instead of pinto beans. I don't know what's wrong with those folks, but they don't know bbq from Shinola.

One of the guys I work with is a BBQ nut, and lives in las Vegas- which, as he says, is where BBQ goes to die. Whenever we travel together, we try and find good BBQ... it's harder than you think, even in places that are supposed to be good, like Kansas City.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,194 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Cabrito (goat) is my least favorite, but I'll eat it if it's spicy and the beer is cold..

One of the restaurants near me is supposed to have some of the best Cabrito in the state. It's still not that good.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,552 Senior Member
    Ah, the joys of being a homeowner again. Was up till midnight putting up blinds and shower curtain.

They will be here Saturday to hook up internet and TV between the hours of 9:00am and noon. Otherwise known as sit and wait for us no matter when we get there.....

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Isolate, meaning completely isolate. Hot, not, and gnd.

:uhm: all I know is what the ele company magazine said plus there is a ground wire attached to a grounding stake below the meter and breaker box.

I looked at the auto transfer box, it has a circuit or switch that maintains the ground when it isolates the grid.

I suspect you know this due to your profession.
    I have a need for speed
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Ah, the joys of being a homeowner again. Was up till midnight putting up blinds and shower curtain.

They will be here Saturday to hook up internet and TV between the hours of 9:00am and noon. Otherwise known as sit and wait for us no matter when we get there.....

If you already have equipment from the cable company, and the person doing the installation replaces it, get a receipt of what he takes. I just went through this.

I called Spectrum before I moved from Colorado, and was told to take my cable boxes, modem and router. I did, but the installer here said they would not work with their equipment and replaced them. Then, Spectrum in Colorado sent me a bill for missing equipment, telling me that the router and one cable box was missing. I did have a missing cable box, and eventually found it and turned it in. However, the router was taken by the installer.
    Jerry

Only choice here is Mediacom or AT&T/ DirecTV... i picked the lesser of 2 evils

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Only choice here is Mediacom or AT&T/ DirecTV... i picked the lesser of 2 evils

DirecTV

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member

Are y'all still in Panama City or did you move to Pensacola like you were considering?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    :uhm: all I know is what the ele company magazine said plus there is a ground wire attached to a grounding stake below the meter and breaker box.

I looked at the auto transfer box, it has a circuit or switch that maintains the ground when it isolates the grid.

I suspect you know this due to your profession.

Worked with enough pwr linemen at night during storms and every one of our switches has a transfer sw from 30 to 200A single or 3 phase. If something is wired wrong, and you put power back up the line, the step down transformer at the pole works in reverse. Code says that it is disconnected for a reason. If you dont hurt anyone and they find it, your meter will be pulled. If you get uppity, the cops will be there when the meter is pulled.
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Are y'all still in Panama City or did you move to Pensacola like you were considering?
    She started in Pensacola the first pf the month. We bought a house outside Milton

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    She started in Pensacola the first pf the month. We bought a house outside Milton

The Milton area is really nice and is about 30 minutes from the ranch. We're about five miles east of Holt, just off of 90. We'll have to get together sometime.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file