The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,072 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Got to come up with a pin or some such

Don't you have a lathe?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,081 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Don't you have a lathe?

Yes. Not so much the pin, but I'm also looking at putting a hitch ball on it. Got to do some creative adapting to be able to use both.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Yes. Not so much the pin, but I'm also looking at putting a hitch ball on it. Got to do some creative adapting to be able to use both.

No. You don't need to get creative, at least not much. Make a receiver hitch, and two inserts, one for trailer ball, and one for pin type hitch. You can weld, and making a small receiver hitch for that thing shouldn't be all that hard. If it already has a hole for a hitch ball, then just make a plate steel piece with a hole in it for the pin and trailer ball bolt and put it between the ball and the nut that holds the ball on. It doesn't have to look cool; it just has to work! :tooth:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike wrote: »
    No. You don't need to get creative, at least not much. Make a receiver hitch, and two inserts, one for trailer ball, and one for pin type hitch. You can weld, and making a small receiver hitch for that thing shouldn't be all that hard. If it already has a hole for a hitch ball, then just make a plate steel piece with a hole in it for the pin and trailer ball bolt and put it between the ball and the nut that holds the ball on. It doesn't have to look cool; it just has to work! :tooth:

Your second option is likely what will happen. I did that for my uncles and it worked good. He wasn't pulling a yard trailer, but a spring harrow from a David Bradley contraption.
    Zee
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,170 Senior Member
    ............a David Bradley contraption.

latest?cb=20100418170019

Or?

mMgjfThHcvlXLpSQ7y7Ms-A.jpg

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

The metal one.
    Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,720 Senior Member
    First game of the season tonight, so Susan made a pizza

084009316fe59a7f4bb290dca9fb06d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    You ate that
    I have a need for speed
    Only one piece

Groucho Marx
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,681 Senior Member
    All windows are covered - with the exception of one panel on one window that I'll have to cut from plywood (was one panel short with what I inherited with this house). Taking a break as there's a rain squall right now - BUT - I'd already be done except my lovely wife decided she needed a shower in the middle of this job, so she wasn't available for about 1/2 hour which pushed us up to where we are now.

WOMEN!!!!! :roll2:

ETA: Last (wood) panel installed - and nap taken!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Just loaded a brisket into the smoker. Gonna smoke it overnight....
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Nice day today, windows open all day and maybe for 2 more before we have to put the A/C back on.
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Nice day today, windows open all day and maybe for 2 more before we have to put the A/C back on.

It's been downright chilly on my side of the Smokies. Barely made it to 71° yesterday and today, and was in the 60s on Tue. and Wed. Supposed to get warmer next week.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike wrote: »
    It's been downright chilly on my side of the Smokies. Barely made it to 71° yesterday and today, and was in the 60s on Tue. and Wed. Supposed to get warmer next week.

It been in the 60s and I'd of had a fire
    I have a need for speed
    50s and 80s here. Great for widow fleecing.
    Zee
    Taking in a Dodger game tonight!

dcfad0c580fc8c276bef9346756f5ea7.jpg

Groucho Marx
    Bullet sizer done. Works. It's UGLY. Not sure how it happened, but I ended up cutting a double, or almost double thread. May have missed my mark when engaging the half nut. BTFOOM how it happened. Ended up chasing them again, filing, saying words that rhyme with rock chucking brother trucker. Ran a nut on it and straightened them out enough to fit the press. Ain't nothing to be proud of, but she chooches.
    But....my bullets are barely over .430 as cast. And.....they ain't round. I can see a mold line on them. Parallel to that line is the fat side. Just means the mold wasn't closed tight enough. It ain't much, but it doesn't size them all the way around as there ain't enough meat on them to make up for the lop sided bullets.
    No matter tonight, I've done got a screaming headache. And the women folk ain't helping. I'm afraid the wife has passed on her Oklahoma genes to my oldest. I was hoping she would be a happy medium between "go screw yourself " (me) and "ok. I'll do what lever I'm told because I can't think for myself or use common sense, even if this will cause me harm". (Wife)
    Good thing I'm on call, I've got some bottles with my name written ALL over them.
    Zee

brisket out of smoker, overnight cook... now wrapped in foil, in a towel, and in a cooler for a couple hours before slicing.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Why are most of the players in the one corner of the Cricket field.......................:uhm:

Ah got you, it's rounders.:up:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

My .44 mild had some schmoo in the bits and pieces that align the mold halves. And a ding or two on the surfaces. Side note, my BIL isn't ever allowed to borrow my molds ever again. And he didn't even use it!
    Anyway, knocked the burs off and cleaned up the surfaces and now it opens and closes like it should. Noticed it was a bit notchy and sticky when I used it. Should have checked it BEFORE I casted 100+ bullets. Oh well.
    Got some more baking currently, I may have not let them cook long enough last time as the powder coat wants to come off when I size them. Never had that issue with the others I've coated.
    Zee
    shush wrote: »
    Why are most of the players in the one corner of the Cricket field.......................:uhm:

Ah got you, it's rounders.:up:

I knew you would figure it out.
    Groucho Marx
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member

If you're a Dodger's fan, I guess you went home disappointed. I'm a Rockies' fan, so I like the outcome just fine.

Baseball is a fickle mistress. For about 2 months, the Dodgers couldn't lose. Now they're on an 8 game losing steak. I expect they'll still win the NL West, seeing as how they still have a double digit lead over their nearest rival. Still, it's good to go into the post-season with a head of steam.

As for the Rockies, I think they have a better than fair chance of making the post-season, but don't really think they can advance very far. Their play is just too inconsistent.

Oh, and Shush, over here a cricket is a little bug sort of like a grasshopper. Some consider them good luck. I tend to think more of them as fish bait.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    If you're a Dodger's fan, I guess you went home disappointed. I'm a Rockies' fan, so I like the outcome just fine.

Baseball is a fickle mistress. For about 2 months, the Dodgers couldn't lose. Now they're on an 8 game losing steak. I expect they'll still win the NL West, seeing as how they still have a double digit lead over their nearest rival. Still, it's good to go into the post-season with a head of steam.

As for the Rockies, I think they have a better than fair chance of making the post-season, but don't really think they can advance very far. Their play is just too inconsistent.

Oh, and Shush, over here a cricket is a little bug sort of like a grasshopper. Some consider them good luck. I tend to think more of them as fish bait.

No, I was not thrilled with the outcome. But the game was always within reach, so it kept is interested in it. Think we had a 6 game losing streak before the current 8 game streak. But the game was fun and the seats were good. My wife an I took or son and DIL. Had a ginormous hot dog with tons of mustard, relish and onions.

I've hooked many a German Brown with a live cricket on a barbless hook and an ultra-light rig. I'm a city boy, but I'm a city boy who's daddy took him on many fishing trips.
    Groucho Marx
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    I've hooked many a German Brown with a live cricket on a barbless hook and an ultra-light rig. I'm a city boy, but I'm a city boy who's daddy took him on many fishing trips.

If I had known that, I would have invited you to come out for a visit. But, I no longer live along the upper Arkansas, so it's a moot point.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    ..............Oh, and Shush, over here a cricket is a little bug sort of like a grasshopper..................

It is known as The Game of Cricket world wide.

'The' is the definite article, not one of your common determiners.

eg.

British;
    common

showing a lack of taste and refinement supposedly typical of the lower classes;

uncouth, vulgar, coarse, rough, unsavoury, boorish, rude, impolite, ill-mannered, unladylike, ungentlemanly, ill-bred, uncivilized, unsophisticated, unrefined, philistine, primitive, savage, brutish, oafish, gross; :jester:

shush wrote: »
    It is known as The Game of Cricket world wide.

'The' is the definite article, not one of your common determiners.

eg.

British;
    common

showing a lack of taste and refinement supposedly typical of the lower classes;

uncouth, vulgar, coarse, rough, unsavoury, boorish, rude, impolite, ill-mannered, unladylike, ungentlemanly, ill-bred, uncivilized, unsophisticated, unrefined, philistine, primitive, savage, brutish, oafish, gross; :jester:

Was my picture next to that definition as an example?
    Zee
    I herby extend an uplifted middle finger to this ing bullet sizer.
    On the fence as to just order one, or soldier on and not be beat by a chunk of metal. I'm heavily leaning toward clicking on the buy button
    Zee
    I herby extend an uplifted middle finger to this ing bullet sizer.
    On the fence as to just order one, or soldier on and not be beat by a chunk of metal. I'm heavily leaning toward clicking on the buy button

My H.S. metal shop teacher told us to "never build something you can buy". With that said, some times buying costs too much, or you can't get exactly what you want, blah, blah, blah. :blah:

But if you're wanting to learn, huck this one, grab another hunk of metal, and try it again. If you've "had it", click the BIN button...

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    zorba wrote: »
    My H.S. metal shop teacher told us to "never build something you can buy". With that said, some times buying costs too much, or you can't get exactly what you want, blah, blah, blah. :blah:

But if you're wanting to learn, huck this one, grab another hunk of metal, and try it again. If you've "had it", click the BIN button...
    That never build what you can buy is TOTALLY lost on ME. This is more of a learning exotic experience. What I'm doing now will pay off on a future project. I'd MUCH rather gain experience on this project than on my secret squirrel project.
    Fail fast, fail cheap.
    Zee
    That never build what you can buy is TOTALLY lost on ME. This is more of a learning exotic experience. What I'm doing now will pay off on a future project. I'd MUCH rather gain experience on this project than on my secret squirrel project.
    Fail fast, fail cheap.

Totally understand - learning is priceless. So huck the thing in the recycle bin and grab another piece of metal!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file