The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,404 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    cpj said:
    Me and John Fogerty are working on a rifles rest tonight. Really need a tap that I broke last week. I'm NOT buying the ka ka doo doo pile of el cra pola that Lowes sells. I may check Home Crepot and see what they carry. Otherwise I'll may have to order some. But I just not remembered another  place in town that may carry decent taps. 
    Whay the actual fornication is up with this god **** auto correct? It's putting words in that make ZERO sense. Anyway. 
    Why don’t you use the buying power of the company you work for and get a discount from a work supplier? I have several places in town that will let me use the company account and MY card. 

I do when possible. But we have very few suppliers we buy with.  And most of them don't carry cool things. 
    Found a tap at a place I hadn't been to in 20 years. Same guy owns it, even had one of the same employees I remember from way back. They carry Merican made taps in all sizes, along with drills. Grab a 10-32 tap to try. 
    ICS brand taps. Good stuff. 👍 Got my hole tapped, windage adjuster semi installed. Need to make a longer stud for it, but otherwise it's good. Smooth as a baby's butt in operation. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,890 Senior Member
    They came and put a new converter on the camper Monday. Everything seems to be working fine now. After putting together an order from E-trailer.com last night and a trip to Wally World tonight, I think we will be all set for camping. Be nice just to go sit in a chair and relax. 
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,447 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    RugerFan said:
    I bought an Allman Brothers album this week. A greatest hits. It's got some good good songs on it. Also bought an early Eagles album. I've never heard of it. Plus, Led Zep's Stairway to Heaven

Baby steps, baby steps. Now buy Motorheads "Ace of Spades", Ozzy's "Blizzard of Ozz", and Dio's, "The Last in Line"

Motorhead sound more like one giant step.
    Kinda what I'm thinking too!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,196 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    cpj said:
    cpj said:

Need to make a longer stud for it
    That’s what she said
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    . Be nice just to go sit in a chair and relax. 
    Hahahahahah!!!!!

is a woman going with you?  You will not ge a microsecond to relax
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,868 Senior Member
    A longer stud for his tapped hole??? That sounds naughty.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Hahahahahah!!!!!

People have repeatedly asked me why I didn't bring my wife or kids to the SE shoot. 
    "Because I want to relax, that's why."

Zee
    Hahahahahah!!!!!

That was almost the last sentence in my post. Who am I kidding. There is more work to camping than being at home. Especially since those two 100 pounds lop eared mutts of hers will tag along.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,305 Senior Member
    They came and put a new converter on the camper Monday. Everything seems to be working fine now. After putting together an order from E-trailer.com last night and a trip to Wally World tonight, I think we will be all set for camping. Be nice just to go sit in a chair and relax. 
    I have a friend with a camper permanently set up in his back yard. He uses it when his wife goes off on him and he needs some relief. I know when he's in the dog house because he calls me and asks me to bring him some beer................so he doesn't get a DUI making a beer run! :)

Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Hahahahahah!!!!!

That was almost the last sentence in my post. Who am I kidding. There is more work to camping than being at home. Especially since those two 100 pounds lop eared mutts of hers will tag along.
    I was camping with the family last weekend. I can count the seconds I was able to sit and relax on no hands. 

-Mikhail Kalashnikov
    tennmike said:
    I have a friend with a camper permanently set up in his back yard. He uses it when his wife goes off on him and he needs some relief. I know when he's in the dog house because he calls me and asks me to bring him some beer................so he doesn't get a DUI making a beer run! :)

That's what my shop was til the kids moved out and now she's out here with me. Thought about installing a satellite  dish on the barn now. B). Naw, just kidding. She makes a good set of hands for gun projects.
    Update on the Polymere 80.. 100 rounds through it and not one hiccup. Guess we did ok on it. The .357 Sig is darned loud though.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    All packed up for a range trip tomorrow. Just got the LaserMax on the Ruger, there's things I like about it, and things that are sub-optimal, but more tomorrow after I get back and have shot the gun with it on.

Ruger LC9s, Ruger Mark III, NAA .22s revolver, and the Hi-Point C9 "Ghetto Gun" are in the range bag for tomorrow.

I need to stop this camera down, depth of field must be about 1/4"!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Have fun.
    🚿🛍
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,180 Senior Member
    Yep, have fun and get good wiff them guns Zorba.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,939 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    🚿🛍
    What you did there. I see it. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    🚿🛍
    What you did there. I see it. 

A comment on his household chores you mean?

Cleaning up and shopping.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Update on the Polymere 80.. 100 rounds through it and not one hiccup. Guess we did ok on it. The .357 Sig is darned loud though.
    I've got a couple of those Glock Polymer 80 kits. Been setting here for around a year now. I need to get going on those.................one of these days. Thinking about a Mech Tech carbine upper for one of them.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,447 Senior Member
    Got a made in the USA Craftsman 3/4" drive ratchet at the pawn shop today for $25. And a 100 rd box of .22 Long CB. Just because.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    edited March 16 #28552
    RugerFan said:
    .................. And a 100 rd box of .22 Long CB. Just because.

Very popular over here on farms.

For rat, feral pigeon or the like, when close vicinity of buildings prohibits the use of normal .22 Long Rifle.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

tennmike said:
    I've got a couple of those Glock Polymer 80 kits. Been setting here for around a year now. I need to get going on those.................one of these days. Thinking about a Mech Tech carbine upper for one of them.
    I have been seriously considering one of those.  Do a build thread and convince me I need one :)
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 48 Member
    shush said:
    Is this a trick?............................Yes
     Is this one of those things,.......Yes
    .that you can't win at?...............Yes
     HUH? ......................................Yes

This is a depiction of the Tower Of Babel, I just put it there to be obnoxious. It doesn't mean anything in particular.
    Good tip?
    At your next monthly counseling session, don't tell your therapist about the tower thing, ok. :#

I will keep it in mind, what little there is that is left of it.
  • Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 48 Member

Yeah, Totally!

tennmike said:
    I have been seriously considering one of those.  Do a build thread and convince me I need one :)
    Yea, this. I've been kicking around the eyedear myself. Just because...

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    zorba said:
    tennmike said:
    You need a high point carbine. 
    Zee
    cpj said:
    zorba said:
    tennmike said:
    You need a high point carbine. 
    I have one of those Hi Point carbines. It's reliable even if it IS ugly as homemade sin.

If the weather keeps cooperating I'll do a mill 'n' drill on one of those Polymer 80 kits with pics. The darned holding jig is too high for my mini mill to handle.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,750 Senior Member

Yeah, Totally!

A few years ago part of my job with AT&T was to interview new college grads to find potential new employees.  99% of the interviews could be summarized as follows:

“I just graduated from (fill in name of ivy league school) and I can’t wait to join your organization and tell you everything you are doing wrong.”  

The ones that actually got jobs with us were received to the following statement.  ”You just finished an education in the hands of those that could not hack it in the real world.  I now need you to understand you know NOTHING, so shut up and try to learn something or I’ll fire you so fast your head will spin...”

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    edited March 17 #28560
    I just quoted bullsi and my message disappeared waiting on approval.

This one didn't though. Strange.
      I now need you to understand you know NOTHING, so shut up and try to learn something...

Yep. Its amazing to me how little education actually does for you once you get to the job - yet at the same time, employers insist on it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file