The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Comments

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,357 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    zorba said:
    Putting a "lift kit" on the little red wagon that I rebuilt before leaving California. Turns out the new wheels/tires are slightly larger in diameter, making clearances pretty small. There's enough play in the steering/front end to cause binding on uneven surfaces. Some 5/8" plywood shims and longer bolts are fixing that.
    OK I'm old but I don't see a little red wagon. ( is this one of those mess with old people tricks lol )
    Pix in a bit, after I get it re-assembled.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 276 Member
    Bought a cordless chainsaw, one of those tiny 10” deals. I have absolutely no use for anything larger as I only bought this to do small jobs around the yard and more specifically for cutting down the ugly ass bushes behind my deck that I have no idea what they are. Best I can describe is that they look like tall wheat grass and need cut down once a year. Anyhow, that little saw is amazing. Doesn’t bog down at all and the charge lasts quite a while. Has an auto oiler too.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,093 Senior Member
    Bought a cordless chainsaw, one of those tiny 10” deals. I have absolutely no use for anything larger as I only bought this to do small jobs around the yard and more specifically for cutting down the ugly ass bushes behind my deck that I have no idea what they are. Best I can describe is that they look like tall wheat grass and need cut down once a year. Anyhow, that little saw is amazing. Doesn’t bog down at all and the charge lasts quite a while. Has an auto oiler too.
    I tryed one of those & had not much luck with it. Since then I bought a plug in one & liked it so well bought 4 more of those & even us it to trim branches while I am up in my bucket truck. Seems safer & lighter when hanging over the edge of the bucket. I have a few on the poles too that are plug ins too.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,686 Senior Member
    Pampas grass. Wrap a ratchet strap around it, and crank it tight before cutting. Makes clean up easier. 
    Or, save the hassle and light it on fire. Talked my boss into doing that with some he had along side the drive way. Hint: it goes up RIGHT **** NOW! 
    He wasn't as amused as I was at the display of fire, but I did mention to him "hey dumbass. What did you think was gonna happen when you lit dry grass on fire?"
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,217 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I tryed one of those & had not much luck with it. Since then I bought a plug in one & liked it so well bought 4 more of those & even us it to trim branches while I am up in my bucket truck. Seems safer & lighter when hanging over the edge of the bucket. I have a few on the poles too that are plug ins too.
    Just put a shorter bar on a real saw. I have a 16" for a 61cc huskey. You cant go far, but that much powerhead on a short bar is the answer to playing out of a bucket.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,621 Senior Member
    The nice lady at the pharmacy talked me into getting the shingles vaccination. Said my arm would hurt later. Holy mackerel, she wasn't kidding.😞

If Ya had chicken pox in the past, it is good you got the shot
    My new Signature
    zorba said:
    Putting a "lift kit" on the little red wagon that I rebuilt before leaving California. Turns out the new wheels/tires are slightly larger in diameter, making clearances pretty small. There's enough play in the steering/front end to cause binding on uneven surfaces. Some 5/8" plywood shims and longer bolts are fixing that.

I thought it was that wood wagon that only had the red side rails 
    My new Signature
    edited April 15 #29139
    None other!

Here you can see the one of the added wooden spacers.

Here's the final result - now there's some clearance around the tires, the front no longer binds turning on uneven ground - and the back just looks better. It looked kinda "slammed" before - too close to the fenders.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 276 Member
    cpj said:
    Pampas grass. Wrap a ratchet strap around it, and crank it tight before cutting. Makes clean up easier. 
    Or, save the hassle and light it on fire. Talked my boss into doing that with some he had along side the drive way. Hint: it goes up RIGHT **** NOW! 
    He wasn't as amused as I was at the display of fire, but I did mention to him "hey dumbass. What did you think was gonna happen when you lit dry grass on fire?"
    Googled it and you’re right. I hate those things and they grow taller than hell. If it weren’t lining the deck so closely I would have burned it right there. That’s a good idea on tying them off before cutting. I still have some more to do once the rain stops and it’s dry enough. And just to add, a riding lawnmower with a strap around them is NOT enough to yank them from the ground.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,138 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    None other!

Here's the final result - now there's some clearance around the tires, the front no longer binds turning on uneven ground - and the back just looks better. It looked kinda "slammed" before - too close to the fenders.
    No you can go to the Family Dollar and Dollar General in style!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    cpj said:
    Googled it and you’re right. I hate those things and they grow taller than hell. If it weren’t lining the deck so closely I would have burned it right there. That’s a good idea on tying them off before cutting. I still have some more to do once the rain stops and it’s dry enough. And just to add, a riding lawnmower with a strap around them is NOT enough to yank them from the ground.
    Oh hell no. Mower wouldn't touch it. D9 Cat and a log  chain at minimum.  
    Im well familiar with that crap. A lady's yard I take
    care of has two clumps of that crap that I have to
    cut each year. 
    Zee
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 5,950 Senior Member

IT is watching you.

cjp wrote: »

..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »

...But seriously Shush....

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,093 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    None other!

Nice looking work there !
    I can only hope my tractor & wagon come out 1/2 that nice.
    shush said:

IT is watching you.

That's right! IT is watching out for YOU!

Big Chief said:

Now you can go to the Family Dollar and Dollar General in style!
    I'm toying with the idea of bringing it to the shoot to schlep my crap up to the firing line.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,623 Senior Member
    shush said:

IT is watching you.

That looks just like a set of eyes.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,138 Senior Member
    edited April 16 #29148
    zorba said:
    Big Chief said:

Now you can go to the Family Dollar and Dollar General in style!
    I'm toying with the idea of bringing it to the shoot to schlep my crap up to the firing line.
    You pull that wagon from Teach's house to the firing line.............you are a better man than most.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    You pull that wagon from Teach's house to the firing line.............you are a better man than most.
    That distance is a tiny, infinitesimal fraction of the miles I've put on that wagon since 1970. I'm not as young as I used to be, but it isn't really very far to the firing line - I walked it several times last year. I gotta see if it will hold everything though, otherwise I'll be beggin' for a truck ride!

shush said:

IT is watching you.

That looks just like a set of eyes.
    Just one.

edited April 16 #29151
    When you have drill rod, you have a .166 diameter transfer punch. 

Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,627 Senior Member
    Had a nice trip to the range today. My wife went to one of those skin care parties at my sister's place. So my son and I went out for a burger and a trip to the range. Partly sunny, 76 degrees. He shot my M&P 9 and 686 Plus. I shot the Sig P220.

He rarely shoots, so each time is almost like starting over for him. Still he did very well for someone who only shoots once a year or so. I have been dry firing my Sig every night, and I shot it better than I ever have.

My son and I have sorta of a "Cat's in the Cradle" scenario in our lives. Time shared doing anything together is pretty rare. We meet up for a lunch or dinner from time to time, but the last time we shared an activity together was over a year ago. 

So it was a special kinda day for me.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx

Got a LOT done today. Got a small amount of machine work to do, then a fair amount of hand finishing. 
    Zee
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,049 Senior Member
    roadking said:
    Pic doesn't do it justice...the rear is twisted, most windows gone. Another bus driver claims it's totaled.

http://wnep.com/2018/02/19/school-bus-involved-in-crash-in-poconos/
    Just received word that the toxicology report on the bus driver has been obtained...positive for meth...paperwork being forwarded to the DA.
    Support your local Scouts!
    roadking said:
    roadking said:
    Pic doesn't do it justice...the rear is twisted, most windows gone. Another bus driver claims it's totaled.

http://wnep.com/2018/02/19/school-bus-involved-in-crash-in-poconos/
    Just received word that the toxicology report on the bus driver has been obtained...positive for meth...paperwork being forwarded to the DA.
    Pretty sure that guy would end up having an "accident" involving a ball bat to the knees
    Zee
    Face***k was hammering my website hard yesterday. As I reject all links from there, I only get the occasional hit, but I guess someone tried to post a link in a popular area of that site.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,496 Senior Member
    cpj said:

Got a LOT done today. Got a small amount of machine work to do, then a fair amount of hand finishing. 
    Looking good! Not much more metal work left.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

I took mine in the dove field once--------it fell apart and the game warden had to drive out in a truck to rescue me and my trash.  
    My new Signature
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 481 Member
    Been reading a book for awhile that references a name of someone I used to know. I can almost see his face, but I can not remember where or when I knew him from.👴😒
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,623 Senior Member
    I despise calling Directv. On hold for 35 minutes and finally just hung up.
    NN said:
    I took mine in the dove field once--------it fell apart and the game warden had to drive out in a truck to rescue me and my trash.  
    ????

A wagon?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file