The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,773 Senior Member
    Took the rifle out this Fri. Used PMC 62 gr to knock some of the dust off. Shot a 92 offhand and called them pretty darn close.One high 9 ended up as an 8 and one I knew I muffed wasnt as far out of the black as I thought and stuck an 8. 5-10's 3-9's and 2-8's. MAYBE the curse is lifted. I havnt shot that well in a while, maybe the stance breakdown and rebuild was the key.

I had a Taurus 92, it shot very well-----so the real thing should as well
    I have a need for speed
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,753 Senior Member
    No wabbits yet.

• Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 46 Member

No wabbits yet.

How did Clean get in your garden?
    I have a need for speed
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,670 Senior Member
    edited May 15 #29796
    The micro project from H,E, double hockey sticks. Noticed the other day that the outside passenger door handle on the MBZ was loose. I'd never removed one before, but it wasn't bad, somebody somewhere forgot to put one of the two machine screws back on it when they had it off - probably the body shop when I had it repainted 7 years ago. So this screw is missing, metric of course, so I walk down to Ace and get a replacement. Of course Ace didn't have a pan head, Phillips head M6 screw, so I had to buy an Allen head. That's fine, except when I go to put the thing back together, its too deep in the door for a normal Allen key to reach it. "No problem" - I reach for my socket drive Allen set. Except the access hole is too small to fit a socket drive head into. Drive down to Ace this time as its getting hot. Find a 4mm Allen key that is longer than a prostitute's fantasy. Bring it home, works great, everything mo' bettah...

Putting the inner door skins onto these cars is always a minor hassle, and it was this time but I finally got it back on. The very last trim piece, a chrome escutcheon around the door latch itself, is held on by a pair of M4 screws. You guessed it, one of them is now missing, despite my having put everything aside in a container. After having a Coca-Cola and calming my happy ass down - and having my wife look for the screw also, down to Ace I go yet again to buy an overpriced 32 cent M4 machine screw. By this time, the guys at Ace are asking if I'd like to either work there, or just buy the whole damn store!

This job should  have taken 30 minutes, instead it took about 3 hours...

Sigh...

Just gotta laugh!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    AND... The pair of Muscle-Bustle pillows are now complete, stuffed, plumped, and stitched closed. Ready to sell and ship!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    No wabbits yet.

Now that is a garden !
    I only have 2 rows & only 16 plants ....... & that is to much work !
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,720 Senior Member
    I like the garden...looks like a small farm.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,162 Senior Member
    edited May 16 #29800

Who is Humanearlyagain and what have you done to earlyagain?

In fact,what did earlyagain do with early?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,682 Senior Member
    shush said:

Who is Humanearlyagain and what have you done to earlyagain?

In fact,what did earlyagain do with early?

It's too early for these questions. 😳

I'll check back in after I've had my coffee...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    No wabbits yet.

That reminds me of the gardens we had when I was growing up. Lots of fresh vegetables, canning them up for the winter, and hoeing out the weeds in the rows and the middles ALL SUMMER! That was the SOP for most every family in my 'hood' out in the country.

It was about this point in the stuff coming up that we took a trip to the river to get more cane poles for the 'pole beans' to climb. Dad always insisted on a half acre of sugar cane for making a little sorgum; mighty good on hot biscuits in the winter!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

I don't raise the pole beans. These Contenders taste about the same and they don't require poles. I did that a bunch when I was a kid and decided these were easier. :)  The purple hulls I just till.i think they would grow on concrete. Got several tomatoes in boxes behind the house. All ready got a few green ones on them. Squash up. Can't wait for some fresh fried squash. Doc probably don't want me frying them but I am anyway.
    Fry the squash in canola oil, then the Doc won't get upset.
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    NNNNNNOOOOOoooooo! Bacon or sausage drippings! :D

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    It's fried green maters for me :blush:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

NN said:
    tennmike said:
    NN said:
    NNNNNNOOOOOoooooo! Bacon or sausage drippings! :D
    We use the canola oil. But nothing is better than the bacon grease. Grandmom kept a quart of it sitting beside the stove.That's all she ever used.

You know his show name was my name backwards. Sivad.
    50 - 223 50gr Z-max
    50 - 223 62gr MHP
    50 - 223 75gr MHP
    10 - 6.5G 123gr Amax
    10 - 6.5G 123gr ELD Match
    5 - 300BO 125gr SCHP
    5 - 300BO 125gr TMK
    All loaded last night

200rnds XM556NT1 ammo delivered

I'm getting there, ammo wise, for the shoot

If what the folks that I spoke with about the 6.5 123gr ELDM, they SHOULD shoot the same as the Amax, but am going to try those 20 rounds before I decide what load to settle on for the 300 yard shoot
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

A lot of people on this forum today------maybe those 30+ browsers will sign in; hey.
    I have a need for speed
    edited May 17 #29812
    50 - 223 50gr Z-max -10 today
    50 - 223 62gr MHP -5 Today
    50 - 223 75gr MHP -5 Today
    10 - 6.5G 123gr Amax -10 today
    10 - 6.5G 123gr ELD Match -10 today
    5 - 300BO 125gr SCHP -5 Today
    5 - 300BO 125gr TMK  -0 Today (just a "scooch" too long)

I still haven't decided which rifle/load I'm bringing for the distance match,
    But I have narrowed it down to 1 223 load with my RRA/Lilja upper and 1 6.5Gren load in that upper.

Surprisingly, the 123gr ELD-M bullets shot 2 tighter groups than the 2 123 A-max groups.

Both were loaded in new cases, with weighed charges

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,227 Senior Member
    New Magnum PI ... a female Higgins (and she’s hot!) ...

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmv9JFOEB0

Don’t know if I can get past no Selleck or Hillerman but the remake of Hawaii Five-O ain’t bad ...

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,067 Senior Member
    No selleck, no Higgins, no Ferrari, ummm, no
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Well inside for awhile. Thunder, lightening and rain. Hope it don't last long didn't finish my project.
    Apparently it just got here and stopped. Getting dark still raining.
    You can keep the rain there for a few days ........we need sun & dry here to get things going.
    Raining when I got outta dance class tonite. Thank Goddess there weren't too many people on the road...

Rained here at about dark. The black clouds made it get darker early. Most of the 'interesting' stuff went south of me. Those two gaps in the ridges south seem to funnel the interesting weather through them, and the high ridges to the west of me shield my lil valley.

With the rain patterns here lately my water tanks are full all the time. I just let them run over now.....if I get ruts then I will figure something else out. 600 gal.s of water is a lot of water.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,162 Senior Member

Very sunny and hot (for here)

In the midst of re-pointing my old house brick patio base.

Just stopped for late lunch, farmhouse cheddar ploughman's, on soft malted brown bread and a cup of tea.

Very civilised.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file