Ned's Shooting Thread

1181920212224»

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Went to the LGS and it got me wondering if I need a new LGS.

    They have a sigh up on the door that if you buy elsewhere and have them do the transfer, the charge will
    be 20% of the value of the firearm.   :o
    That ain't right. Say if you bought a $500 gun then they want $100 just fer doing the X-fer.

    I'd tell them to Hug A Root......................most places just charge a small fee. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Went to the LGS and it got me wondering if I need a new LGS.

    They have a sigh up on the door that if you buy elsewhere and have them do the transfer, the charge will
    be 20% of the value of the firearm.   :o

    They obviously no longer wish to do transfers.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    That was my opinion, also, they have done some for me in the past;
    but, I first asked if they could get the firearm and they could not and
    told me, at that time, to get it anywhere I could and they would be happy
    to do the paperwork, it was not expensive at that time.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    OH----I error in judgement-------opinions are not allowed here.  :)
    I have a need for speed
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member
    My LGS transferred 3 lowers on one form 4473 and charged me 35$ each, can't complain though, they are only 15 minutes away and have been very fair over the years, just the way the business has gotten. The LGS had a flood out of one of their minnow tanks a couple years ago and had to do a pretty extensive remodel after the flood, flash forward 18 months and here comes the BATFE for their "20 year" audit and they gave them a grocery list of things that needed to be upgraded and changed, the owner is not dumping a bunch of money into the building he does not own, he is at that age anyway, going to have to find another LGS.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,784 Senior Member
    I get them sent to a pawn shop that charges $15 for CHL holders. I bought two AR receivers at the same time, and it cost me $20.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Went to the LGS and it got me wondering if I need a new LGS.

    They have a sigh up on the door that if you buy elsewhere and have them do the transfer, the charge will
    be 20% of the value of the firearm.   :o
    I'd find a new LGS. And that's what I'm in the process of doing now.  My favorite, and close, Mom and Pop shop got sold, and the new owners are jerks.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    NN wrote: »
    Shot some Rem HP's today, regular loads, at least not special SD billed .45 ACP ammo.

    The Blackhawk shot real well after the sight adjustment.

    Water was down, none running over the forest road. As a result, some jack wagon got out there and made a fire in this heat and burned my
    section of log I used as a tgt stand.

    Left an empty wiskey bottle and some MRE related trash, I cleaned it up.

    Yellow flies were still a pain.

    Good to hear the Blackhawk is limbering up and shooting good groups. :up:
    Sorry to hear about the combustion of the target stand by the idiot. Maybe he was trying to smoke out the yellow flies with waterlogged wood?
    Which reminds me of something I did way back when to keep people away from one of my favorite fishing spots. I got three BIG rubber snakes that looked like copperheads and placed one under the log section I used as a seat, and tied the other two in bushes to left and right of the log seat. They looked real enough that I checked to make sure before I sat down! :silly: :tooth:
    Snake decoys?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    NN wrote: »
    Shot some Rem HP's today, regular loads, at least not special SD billed .45 ACP ammo.

    The Blackhawk shot real well after the sight adjustment.

    Water was down, none running over the forest road. As a result, some jack wagon got out there and made a fire in this heat and burned my
    section of log I used as a tgt stand.

    Left an empty wiskey bottle and some MRE related trash, I cleaned it up.

    Yellow flies were still a pain.

    Sounds like a drunk Marine messed up your shootin area!
    Oh Silly, you know a Marine never gets drunk!.......much.......well not often...... LOLOLOL!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Shot some .45 acp in the Blackhawk, not shooting well with HP; ball on the other hand shoots to point of aim.

    The front sight is hard to see, I painted it today.

    Might have to try some 45 long cold in it tomorrow :uhm:
    Cold or Colt? You spell worse than that Snake guy!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    NN said:
    Shot some .45 acp in the Blackhawk, not shooting well with HP; ball on the other hand shoots to point of aim.

    The front sight is hard to see, I painted it today.

    Might have to try some 45 long cold in it tomorrow :uhm:
    Cold or Colt? You spell worse than that Snake guy!!!

    Snake Snake------you must have gone missing when the "long cold" came up.
    I have a need for speed
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 672 Senior Member
    The hp's are likely a different weight than the ball.

    Long cold is more fun🎯
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    I see they have come out with a more destructive shock wave--------- a .410 model.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    NN said:
    I see they have come out with a more destructive shock wave--------- a .410 model.
    The 20 ga is probably the most practical.
    Remember that .410 guy who was on here who got banned.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Went out to shoot some 9 mm Federal syntax, there were some people working out there,
    so I just rode on my bicycle for the fun of it. As I went around a curve I had fist sized turkey poults
    running every which way and the hen just squatted down about 4 ft off the forest road. 

    U figured that the workers would break for lunch, so I went back out at  noon.

    The plastic coated rnds shot as well as any other 9mm 115 gr ball rnd .

    When I got home I cleaned the pistol specifically to see if I would find any plastic in the
    barrel; I did not. I, also. noticed this syntax ammo is fairly clean as well.


    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    I could not insert an empty mag in a 1911 today, it went in about as far as the mag release
     button.

    I loaded one rnd and it went in just like greased owl droppings.

    Fired 6 rnds and now the empty mag goes in and out as it should.

    What do you think was wrong?


    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    edited May 10 #708
    NN said:
    I could not insert an empty mag in a 1911 today, it went in about as far as the mag release
     button.

    I loaded one rnd and it went in just like greased owl droppings.

    Fired 6 rnds and now the empty mag goes in and out as it should.

    What do you think was wrong?


    Was the follower/out of kilter or tilted and then when you inserted a rd it straightened out? Maybe your mag release was being stiff.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    I could not insert an empty mag in a 1911 today, it went in about as far as the mag release
     button.

    I loaded one rnd and it went in just like greased owl droppings.

    Fired 6 rnds and now the empty mag goes in and out as it should.

    What do you think was wrong?


    Was the follower/out of kilter or tilted and then when you inserted a rd it straightened out? Maybe your mag release was being stiff.

    I thought it looked right. and  the mag release might have been stiff---------maybe it loosened up during the shooting. Anyway I tried working some breakfree into the mag release system from both sides when I cleaned it up after shooting.
    I have a need for speed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file