Ned's Shooting Thread

145791024

Replies

  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,044 Senior Member
    I've been carrying a shield 40 for a while and you're welcome to shoot it at Jerry's next month but I'll warn you, the felt recoil is about the same as my .44 bulldog that you didn't enjoy shooting.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I've been carrying a shield 40 for a while and you're welcome to shoot it at Jerry's next month but I'll warn you, the felt recoil is about the same as my .44 bulldog that you didn't enjoy shooting.
    Thanks for the offer, I'll wimp out then.
    I have a need for speed
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,462 Senior Member
    Didn't you shoot my Shield and G43 last year and say you liked the shield but not glock in 9mm?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Didn't you shoot my Shield and G43 last year and say you liked the shield but not glock in 9mm?
    Was it 9mm, if so, your probably right
    something in the fog seems familiar.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    I just had to go shoot 2 jugs with .40 pow-R-ball from a clip of mixed .40 and 10mm.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,683 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I just had to go shoot 2 jugs with .40 pow-R-ball from a clip of mixed .40 and 10mm.

    One benefit of owning a 10mm revolver for sure.

    And how did the jugs look?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    The milk jug had one side hanging by a thread of plastic and flew about 6 ft. the Finish dish soap jug was split fore and aft and flew about 2 ft.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,683 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    The milk jug had one side hanging by a thread of plastic and flew about 6 ft. the Finish dish soap jug was split fore and aft and flew about 2 ft.

    Well, no wonder Mrs Clean needed a new dishwasher, you kept shootin holes in her Finish dish-washing bottles. :jester: :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    .45 acp Blackhawk day today after the deluge that is.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Went out and shot some jugs with .22 mag and found the fol guard dog slugs:



    The one on the right went through 3 inches of old pine log.

    The other one passed through one half gal milk jug full of water and made it a few inches past the jug.
    I have a need for speed
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Too bad ya can't weigh them.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    .25 oz = about 110 gr; box states started at 165 grains

    Both weigh the same as weighed on an uncalibrated beam scale
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,683 Senior Member
    Ned, did you say you like CB caps? How about primer only .22 LR ammo? I may have a few boxes fer you and what about rat shot?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    .25 oz = about 110 gr; box states started at 165 grains

    Both weigh the same as weighed on an uncalibrated beam scale

    Pretty darn good, I think.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Never tried the primer only stuff, so no.

    I have used the rat shot; but, would rather use a bigger caliber on poisonous snakes.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,683 Senior Member
    I think CB caps and primer only are about the same thing, some varieties had small amount of powder and some not.

    They will penetrate through several magazines at 400-800 FPS, depending on what kind it is, but not cycle a semi. They will work outta a Marlin rifle model 60 or Ruger MKII one at a time. Best is a revolver.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    I believe CB shorts not caps have some powder, they will kill a squirrel at the top of a moderate tree.
    I have a need for speed
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,365 Senior Member
    These are what I think of for being CB caps with either the ball or very pointy conical bullet

    IMG_0412_zpsfa5ca3fd.jpg
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Shot that .45acp Redhawk again
    I need to work with that revolver some more.

    I have a T grip on order
    we'll see.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Better today:

    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Got a Triple K shoulder holster for K/L frames today.

    Seems OK
    I have a need for speed
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Better today:

    I hope that wasn't taped to the window :jester:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Shot a gal milk jug filled with branch water, used a SP .327; you would have thought I used a 10mm HP.


    Explosive.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,683 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Shot a gal milk jug filled with branch water, used a SP .327; you would have thought I used a 10mm HP.


    Explosive.

    The swamp water exploded?

    Don't drink it!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Branch water can be deadly.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Shot another gal jug today with that .327
    jug flew 6 feet

    But, the jug had had tea in it, it's girls drink so what do you expect. :popcorn:
    I have a need for speed
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Seems to be a round to be reckoned with.

    I wonder how it does with cornbread?:uhm:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    If you leave some of the ammo on the table, the cornbread tastes the same.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Today same gun same ammo, but, a gal milk jug instead a jug from a girls and Englishman's drink.

    Jug opened up like a clam shell and sat there.
    I have a need for speed
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,772 Senior Member
    Had to walk to the forest today
    so shot a stick.
    I have a need for speed
145791024

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file