Got the Ruger GSR out to 600 yards today.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,058 Senior Member
A local LR shooting instructor put on a course at the private range I am a member at. It was pretty informative, but geared towards new shooters. Nevertheless, I learned some things and met a lot of good folks.

I don't have any target pictures, but the Ruger GSR was holding about 1.7 to 2.0 MOA all day long at 600 yards. For being bone stock, non-bedded and such, and to shoot that well was pleasing to me. In a 20 shot string I scored 183-4X. That won't win anything this side of the Blind Shooters Associaton matches, but it was fun.

20150726_152707.jpg

20150726_152702.jpg

20150726_164323.jpg
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,076 Senior Member
    Glad you had a good time. That's a pretty view down range. Like the pic.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 676 Senior Member
    I have been lusting over that gun for a very long time! Looks like fun
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,058 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Glad you had a good time. That's a pretty view down range. Like the pic.

Thanks. It was the only overcast of the day. Photo op luck.
    I have been lusting over that gun for a very long time! Looks like fun

It's a great gun. I'm sure it can hold 1MOA at 600, but I just wasn't up to the task today. It's never going to be used beyond 300 in practical use, anyhow. Learned a lot about the gun though.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file