Guess I'm a 10mm Fan Boy now.

Comments

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,258 Senior Member
    I've been eying the G40 MOS ever since it was announced. I'll be watching your progress with keen interest!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    Smiley wrote: »
    You sure of this? :confused:

Yes.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,604 Senior Member
    shoot lower
    My new Signature
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 18,962 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Interesting that the beavertail backstrap works for you. I tried the smallest one and didn't like it. And my hands are normal! :wink:

What model do you have?
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    The same, G40MOS.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    NN wrote: »
    shoot lower

Gotta get a proper sight to eliminate the Kentucky Windage necessity.
    The same, G40MOS.

I...........did not know that. You been holding out on me?!?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,604 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Gotta get a proper sight to eliminate the Kentucky Windage necessity.
    Sure.

I really only read the first post and it seems you were shooting at those little pieces of duct tape and not a 6 o'clock hold on a standard pistol tgt;
    if so, the pistol did perform as intended by Glock and then some. Granted not good enough for hunting pigs.

I have faith your optic or some type of adjustable sights will fix it to your needs,
    My new Signature
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,691 Senior Member
    The laser will fix it and his appropriate sight picture will as well, once final choices are made in regards to ammo.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    I...........did not know that. You been holding out on me?!?

Um, I thought I told you earlier this year when I got it. Sorry....

NRA Endowment Member
    Ordered the decal grip tape and two +2 mag extensions. That'll put 18 rounds of 10mm ammo in the gun!!!

Here piggy, piggy, piggy!
    Um, I thought I told you earlier this year when I got it. Sorry....

You very well might have. But, I hadn't seen the shiny object yet and so, wasn't keyed in on what it was, most likely.

I have to have my name written on the mirror in the morning or I'll forget who I am.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,349 Senior Member
    Here piggy, piggy, piggy!

Waiting for it to be bloodied - I'm sure your report will be up to its usual excellent standards! :up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Brass and dies will be here this week. I have powder and primers. I'll order the fiber optic sight and connector this weekend probably.

Still don't have bullets yet.
    You very well might have. But, I hadn't seen the shiny object yet and so, wasn't keyed in on what it was, most likely.

I have to have my name written on the mirror in the morning or I'll forget who I am.

Who are you again? Your name is, um, Billy Chuck? Right?

NRA Endowment Member
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,878 Senior Member
    I was eyeing whatever Glock calls the same .45 earlier this year. I like them a lot.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Zee, PM sent.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    I was eyeing whatever Glock calls the same .45 earlier this year. I like them a lot.

G41
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 692 Senior Member
    Very Cool!

:yousuck:
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,043 Senior Member
    Hey 10mm Fan Boy!!! (which COULD, through a little known bug in the forum software, become your new user name :tooth:)

Wouldn't it be cool to share mags with THIS!!!
    Quarter Circle 10 Glock Large Frame Lower Receiver

quarter-circle-10-glock-large-frame-lower-receiver-qc10glarge-lower-by-quarter-circle-10-6c6.jpg

https://www.rainierarms.com/quarter-circle-10-glock-large-frame-lower-receiver

Squirrel!!! :devil:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Well, Lone Wolf is dropping their "Lone Wolf" product line and replacing it with the "Alpha Wolf" line. So, they are out of the 9" barrel. Crap!!!

So, I called KKM Barrels. The longest they will make me is 7.5" for the 10mm. Same price as the Lone Wolf 9" barrel. Guess I'll be ordering a KKM 7.5" barrel next week.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hey 10mm Fan Boy!!! (which COULD, through a little known bug in the forum software, become your new user name :tooth:)

quarter-circle-10-glock-large-frame-lower-receiver-qc10glarge-lower-by-quarter-circle-10-6c6.jpg

https://www.rainierarms.com/quarter-circle-10-glock-large-frame-lower-receiver

Squirrel!!! :devil:

I hate you.

NRA Endowment Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

Nope.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,691 Senior Member
    Well, Lone Wolf is dropping their "Lone Wolf" product line and replacing it with the "Alpha Wolf" line. So, they are out of the 9" barrel. Crap!!!

So, I called KKM Barrels. The longest they will make me is 7.5" for the 10mm. Same price as the Lone Wolf 9" barrel. Guess I'll be ordering a KKM 7.5" barrel next week.

:tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue::tissue:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    I've always liked the 10mm round. Do you know already what type/weight bullets you will use in your reloads? I find reloading fascinating, but I don't yet trust myself to do it.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    I've always liked the 10mm round. Do you know already what type/weight bullets you will use in your reloads? I find reloading fascinating, but I don't yet trust myself to do it.

180gr Hard Cast or XTP.
    Nope.

Riiiiiiight. Your default answer to anything new... Just like the 10mm, and reloading...

Anyway, I have some homework to do. I might need one of these myself.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Not really interested in pistol caliber carbines. Just as soon run a .223 Rem.

A .40 S&W would be kinda fun but only for ammo availability.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,968 Senior Member
    Not really interested in pistol caliber carbines. Just as soon run a .223 Rem.

A .40 S&W would be kinda fun but only for ammo availability.

Then build it as an AR Pistol.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Then build it as an AR Pistol.
    Actually I was thinking an SBR with about a 10-11" barrel capable of taking high cap 10mm Glock mags AND a can. You could have a PARTY with a bunch of pigs. But an AR pistol would work very well too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file