What are your 3 favorite carry guns?

124»

Comments

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I don't understand the problem. As I think about it, I'm never in pitch darkness where I'd even need a light on a pistol. If I'm out and about, everywhere I go - stores, malls, restaurants, theaters, Lodge, whatever, the parking lots are always well lit at night. Visibility, and identifying a potential threat is never an issue.

At home, a judicious sprinkling of LED night lights (cheap to buy, automatically on at night, off in daytime) keeps my home darkened but never dark, lit but never bright - just enough see and know for sure what or who I might be aiming at. Same with outside. A half-dozen well-placed solar powered motion-activated LEDs means whatever went bump in the night out there will be sufficiently illuminated when I peak through the curtains.

So, who here lives in the dark - so dark that they can't see 7 or 8 yards away (pretty much the maximum distance for most lawful HD/SD shoots)? Even on a moonless and starless night on a dark, unlit street, I can see 20 feet away.
    I do. Ain't a chance I could see from one end of the hall to the other.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    And what if the power is out?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,954 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »

And there is looters about.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    And there is looters about.

Ill just sit in the dark and pout.
    Zee
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »

Then the intruder will be bumping into walls and tripping over furniture. And trying to fight off two big dogs.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,470 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I do. Ain't a chance I could see from one end of the hall to the other.

Here ya go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXWYR42/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JIEHIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let there be light!
    Zee
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,410 Senior Member
    There are battery-operated options available.

I have night lights installed, and I keep my outside porch lights on all night anyway.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
124»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file