Morakniv "Companion" knife review

2»

Comments

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,708 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I made one of the three carbon steel Moraknivs I bought a designated kitchen knife. I used it a lot in the week before Christmas, without any need to touch up the edge. But then Mrs. Bisley discovered it, and I had to sharpen it after about three days. She likes to cut stuff in the pan (no cutting board - just the steel or cast iron bottom of the pan), so I had to sharpen it. That's why I bought the Work-Sharp. I hate dull knives, so I have to sharpen a lot, unless I hide them from her.
    This is the reason I have "my knives", and "her knives".
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,677 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    This is the reason I have "my knives", and "her knives".

I do, too. But, if I am tardy about sharpening hers, she will dig around till she finds mine. She will use them till they won't cut hot butter, but then she will want to slice a tomato. I bought the Work Sharp so I could do all of her knives in about 5 minutes. It worked so well, I use it on mine, too, now.
    I do, too. But, if I am tardy about sharpening hers, she will dig around till she finds mine. She will use them till they won't cut hot butter, but then she will want to slice a tomato. I bought the Work Sharp so I could do all of her knives in about 5 minutes. It worked so well, I use it on mine, too, now.

You get the electric one I assume? Hope you got the "new model". Otherwise, you'll be replacing parts. They sent me a new part for free the other day. Guess I need to do a range report on it.
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,677 Senior Member
    It was new, 2-3 years ago. :tooth:
    It was new, 2-3 years ago. :tooth:

You may have lucked out. (Obviously).
    My first one made it 15 blades then broke. Second lasted 3 blades the broke. Emailed the company, they admitted they had some bad ones. They replaced the part promptly
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You may have lucked out. (Obviously).
    My first one made it 15 blades then broke. Second lasted 3 blades the broke. Emailed the company, they admitted they had some bad ones. They replaced the part promptly

Which one?

Have thought abought this for some time as I suck with a stone
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Which one?

http://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200431964_200431964?hotline=false&cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Power%20Tools%20%26gt%3B%20Sharpeners%20%2B%20Accessories&utm_campaign=Work%20Sharp&utm_content=156115&gclid=CMDX67vrgdECFdi6wAodFQIFvg

When I feel like it I'll post a review. I do like it, it does work good,and now that I have the redesigned part it should last. They did have excellent customer service.
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,597 Senior Member
    Which one?

I bought the Ken Onion edition, along with the diamond belts to be able to sharpen ceramic blades.

While, as Eli and others here, can tell you, I'm pretty good with a stone. I've had a couple of knives I've never gotten as sharp as I wanted them. They're there now. PLUS, it makes touching up the kitchen knives a LOT easier after the wife gets through using them.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    I bought the Ken Onion edition, along with the diamond belts to be able to sharpen ceramic blades.

While, as Eli and others here, can tell you, I'm pretty good with a stone. I've had a couple of knives I've never gotten as sharp as I wanted them. They're there now. PLUS, it makes touching up the kitchen knives a LOT easier after the wife gets through using them.
    Funny you mention kichen knives. I've sharpened everyone of ours. Now instead of having to find *my* knife that I've hidden, I can just reach for the el-cheapo steak knives and have a shaving sharp knife.
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    Thanks, after watching the video, it appears that even i can get a decent edge with one
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks, after watching the video, it appears that even i can get a decent edge with one
    Yes you can.
    BUT READ THE INSTUCTIONS.
    when you draw the knife across the belt, stop the tip in the middle of the belt and let off the trigger. Like the instructions say. Otherwise, the tip WILL get messed up.
    Practice on your kitchen knives first.
    Zee
    So back on topic (for now) I have one of those knives in my Amazon cart, along with other stuff. If the bank wasn't closed tomorrow I'd put my Christmas cash in my account and hit the order button.
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,371 Senior Member
    DeanC enabling me today, this is 4" and Scandvik 12C27 Stainless steel.

https://aboloxtools.com/cutting-tools/knives/bahco-carpenters-mora-knife/

Under $10 shipped to MN, I would get it but I bought several back when this thread was active.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file