.327 magnum rifle

NoeetticaNoeettica New MemberPosts: 21 New Member
My first post since forum crash LOL


Anyone adapt , convert or have custom built rifle in .327 mag

I found a barrel source ... what action would you use / convert ?

Comments

  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    Ruger was making a bolt action in .357 magnum. That would be about as perfect as you could get.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • DurwoodDurwood Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Some company converts the discontinued .32 H&R Marlin lever gun to .327 Federal, I believe they are in Texas.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts:guns:
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,590 Senior Member
    It's called a K98 Mauser. :jester:
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,527 Senior Member
    Noeettica wrote: »
    M

    Anyone adapt , convert or have custom built rifle in .327 mag

    Why?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Why?
    Theys good fer wimmin folk.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Zapp BraniganZapp Branigan Member Posts: 108 Member
    I always thought it'd be a nifty varmint gun, the little 327 makes good use out of longer barrels:

    http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/327mag.html
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,082 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Theys good fer wimmin folk.

    NN would like to see that conversion............:tooth::jester::popcorn:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,596 Senior Member
    In my early years, I think a .327 rifle would have been very useful; however, there are other calibers that would have worked and did work as well.
    Certain varmints, small deer, hunting '**** for the meat vice pelts; etc.

    Now I have no desire or need for a handgun cartridge in a rifle.
    My new Signature
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,332 Senior Member
    I always wanted a single shot rifle in 7.62 x 25 when ammo was so cheap. It's a nice round with some oomph to it. Plus it's short.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    If you want a bolt action, one with a .222 Rem. bolt face would be the right size for the case head of the .327 Mag.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.



  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,302 Senior Member
    Will it come with the obligatory pink shirt, or do you have to pay extra for that.?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,598 Senior Member
    A .327 mag will deliver a 115 gr bullet doing 1850 fps from an 18 inch gun... why not just get a 7.62x39? 2250 FPS from a 123 gr bullet.

    D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Zapp BraniganZapp Branigan Member Posts: 108 Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    A .327 mag will deliver a 115 gr bullet doing 1850 fps from an 18 inch gun... why not just get a 7.62x39? 2250 FPS from a 123 gr bullet.

    D

    Because the mild mannered little .327 has little recoil or muzzle flash from an 18" barrel rifle and is a joy to shoot compared the the AK-47 round?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,551 Senior Member
    Yeah, the 7.62 Soviet has soooooo much recoil and muzzle flash...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,598 Senior Member
    Because the mild mannered little .327 has little recoil or muzzle flash from an 18" barrel rifle and is a joy to shoot compared the the AK-47 round?

    I disagree with you , but then again, so what. ;) Shooting an SKS is like shooting a loud .22.

    D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,082 Senior Member
    Yeah, the 7.62 Soviet has soooooo much recoil and muzzle flash...

    Well, if you fired a 7.62X39 Russian outta a Ruger SP-101 sized revolver, it would get your attention. :jester::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,551 Senior Member
    If I fired it out of an SP-101 I'd have to use a hammer to get it into the cylinder....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,082 Senior Member
    OK what about this fellers?

    A 7.62X39 in a lever gun with a rotary magazine so the pointed boolits would FF&F?

    Then again, we already have that with the 30-30 Winchester in lever guns don't we. Their power levels are about the same or so referenced by many a gun scribe.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Zapp BraniganZapp Branigan Member Posts: 108 Member
    Yes, compared to a trim little .327 it WOULD.
    Stop looking at paper numbers and think a little harder about what's being discussed.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,082 Senior Member
    If I fired it out of an SP-101 I'd have to use a hammer to get it into the cylinder....
    \

    Naw, it would be a special 2 or 3 shot hand cannon:guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,082 Senior Member
    Yes, compared to a trim little .327 it WOULD.
    Stop looking at paper numbers and think a little harder about what's being discussed.

    Zapp.........you didn't............yes you did :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,875 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    In my early years, I think a .327 rifle would have been very useful; however, there are other calibers that would have worked and did work as well.
    Certain varmints, small deer, hunting '**** for the meat vice pelts; etc.

    Now I have no desire or need for a handgun cartridge in a rifle.

    :nono: You already own a .44 carbine? :tooth:

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,596 Senior Member
    :rotflmao:
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Zapp.........you didn't............yes you did :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    My new Signature
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,596 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    :nono: You already own a .44 carbine? :tooth:

    Luis
    How is that, did you just send me one?

    Actually, the only .44 I have is a Redhawk. Must be some confusion over terminology.

    I did buy and shoot some leverlution just for grins out of the handgun.
    My new Signature
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    I've got a NEF single shot .32 H&R Magnum rifle. It started out as a 20 ga. shotgun, though. Barrel is a .308, and I use .308 bullets and data for the T/C Contender with .308 bullets. Not a new idea, just a different platform. It can fling a 110 grain .30 cal. carbine bullet pretty fast. I also swage down the hard cast lead bullets I cast to .309 for it. They do pretty good, too. Recoil is kind of like a .22 LR out of a light single shot rifle.
    Why did I do it? I was bored, had the reamer and other bits, and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. :tooth:
    .32 H&R Mag in front, .357 Mag., .44 Mag. and .38-55 in back. The .44 Mag is on a 12 ga. frame; the others are on 20 ga. frames.
    001-4.jpg
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.



  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,875 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    How is that, did you just send me one?

    Actually, the only .44 I have is a Redhawk. Must be some confusion over terminology.

    I did buy and shoot some leverlution just for grins out of the handgun.

    :nono: Yer not gettin mine. LOL

    I also tried LeveRevolution out of the handgun just for kicks, but at the ranges that I'll ever use a handgun on something, I couldn't justify it. Out of a carbine however.... it's FANTASTIC. Shoots almost 3" higher at 100 yds, than factory JSP 240 grain WWB (ie. retained velocity further downrange is MUCH better).

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file