AZ Trooper Saved By Armed Driver

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,173 Senior Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/passing-driver-kills-man-shot-arizona-officer-ambush-184854270.html?ref=gshttps://www.yahoo.com/news/passing-driver-kills-man-shot-arizona-officer-ambush-184854270.html?ref=gs
PHOENIX (AP) — A man who shot and wounded an Arizona state trooper Thursday along a remote highway and then started slamming the helpless officer's head into the pavement as the two struggled was shot to death by passing driver, authorities said.

Trooper Edward Anderson, a 27-year veteran of the Department of Public Safety, was shot in the chest and shoulder in what authorities called an ambush and was in serious but stable condition after surgery.

"My trooper would not be alive without his assistance," DPS Director Frank Milstead said of the driver who stopped.

Chalk up another one for a Good Samaritan!
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Comments

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Good on the citizen for helpinv out and perforating a problem.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    This is another reason for responsible citizens to carry...
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,561 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »

Chalk up another one for a Good Samaritan!
    +1 :agree: :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,875 Senior Member
    We need more upstanding citizens like this.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,679 Senior Member
    Not too far from where I live,I've worked a few vehicle accidents with the officer........don't really know him but we've been on scene together.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,913 Senior Member
    I wonder if the scumbag was from the car that wrecked, or just some nutcase who decided it was a good time to attack a cop?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • stetsonstetson Member Posts: 42 Member
    Great story as officer live d because somebody wasn't afraid to engage.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,679 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I wonder if the scumbag was from the car that wrecked, or just some nutcase who decided it was a good time to attack a cop?
    Jerry
    He was the driver of the wrecked car.......the officer was responding to a report of shots being fired at another vehicle when he happened upon the rollover.
    The officer was attempting to control traffic when he was attacked.
    The bad guy shot him twice and was on top of him banging his head on the asphalt when the Good Samaritan stopped to help.
    Bag guy was a former Mexican cop that was here illegally and reports say he was living in my town but I do not recognize him.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Wild DogWild Dog Banned Posts: 67 Member
    If I ever met that driver I would be honored to buy him a beer. He's earned a seat at the table of warriors.
    Woof Woof, Dirtbag!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file