OWB Holster Recommendations for Ruger LC9

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,225 Senior Member
I am interested to know if anyone is carrying their Ruger LC9 in a outside the waist high ride type holster, if so which one are you using? Inside waist band is not comfortable to me, I have a super tuck for my XDS that I use seldom, I want something I can carry on my side that rides high that can be covered by an untucked shirt. My Ruger LC9 has the crimson trace grips on it as well.....

Comments

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,332 Senior Member
    My favorite OWB holster for any pistol is the Askin Avenger. They're not cheap but they're flat and fast. They make one for the LC9. I'm not familiar with that particular holster for that gun, but I've got two, for a Model 39 and for a 1911. Worth a look.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,383 Senior Member
    Have you tried a Remora IWB? That's what I use for my LC9 and it's WAY more comfortable than the Raw Dog I bought.

Sorry, I don't carry owb.
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 276 Member
    I use DeSantis or Galco for my carry guns, and am very satisfied with both.
  • stetsonstetson Member Posts: 42 Member
    I like my blackhawk serpa for OWB.It's resonably priced.I paid forty dollars for my Glock 17 a decade ago.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,875 Senior Member
    Mernickle leather.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • R51MANR51MAN New Member Posts: 20 New Member
    twa wrote: »
    I am interested to know if anyone is carrying their Ruger LC9 in a outside the waist high ride type holster, if so which one are you using? Inside waist band is not comfortable to me, I have a super tuck for my XDS that I use seldom, I want something I can carry on my side that rides high that can be covered by an untucked shirt. My Ruger LC9 has the crimson trace grips on it as well.....

twa,
    I have an (OWB) De Santis holster for my LC9s with CT. Here is the site.

http://www.desantisholster.com/MINI-SCABBARD
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    I like my jeans 5th pocket (for a pocket watch). My carry guns fit perfect in them and stay put.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,530 Senior Member
    I made a pancake holster for my wife's LC9....rides high and tight. Still uses it when she's not using her sticky holster (whih she prefers)
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    I have a Galco Combat Master Belt Holster that I have been using for years. It is comfortable to wear and fits my Colt Commander and my Colt Lt. Wt. Ofc. Model. In the Summer I wear a short sleeve shirt that covers either gun and in the colder weather a sweat shirt does the same. Do a search on the web and you can find the best price. Here is one.
    http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Galco-Combat-Master-Holster-Right-Hand-Tan-4.02%22-Glk-19,-23,-32,-36-CM226.html?google=1&gclid=CL_537D159ECFRGewAodVhIFsg

CM636 also fits the following guns:
    RUGER LC9 * SCCY CPX-2
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/combat-master-belt-holster_8_4_1063.html

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file