Folks coming to the 2017 shoot at Jerry's...

Comments

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,588 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Ned has been reading the Gutenberg Dictionary again or is that "Gootenberg" :jester:

Es wäre echt gut, wenn Christina ein wirklich gutes gemacht hätte (It would be real good if Christina made a really good one) hmm I like Ned's way better, easier to understand. :tooth:
    Nope, just taking a cheap shot at BML because of the following he posted
    The Mrs. Is gonna want to know what kinda cheesecakes to make. She has gooten pretty good at them the last 2 years. Yall take your pick...
    My new Signature
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,038 Senior Member
    HappySquid wrote: »
    BC; You realise your German is "Iffy" ? :hug:

Your 'Merican English is iffy...........realise ???? Realize :tooth:

Hey, I used an online German to English translator............my German sucks, especially in trying to write any..................and I spent 12 years stationed over there back and forth in the Army.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,647 Senior Member
    Big A Rifle Rest version 2.0 will be there to shoot from. No windage adjustment yet.

And the photo hosting here sucks once again...
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,951 Senior Member
    Just installed a Timney trigger in the 5.56 MVP and the rifle is close to where I want it but I don't have time to work up a load. I'll probably just bring some steel cased Russian junk.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    The umm, rifle rest. Ned gets first chance at shooting from it.....
    Paint I used in Jerms rest, the cam lost pressure/clogged up. Used what I had...
    Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,678 Senior Member
    Ihre Deutsch ist Gut! Merchsten Sie Nach SE Shootzen Mit Kommen? Mein Deutsch is gut abber mein Rechtschreiben ist nicht ser gut.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,747 Senior Member
    I made peanut butter pies tonight. Since Eli is now coming and bringing his dessert stuff, and Christina cheesecakes, and Debbie her awesome lime/mango pies, I may as well serve mine as dessert on Friday night.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,678 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Your 'Merican English is iffy...........realise ???? Realize :tooth:

Hey, I used an online German to English translator............my German sucks, especially in trying to write any..................and I spent 12 years stationed over there back and forth in the Army.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut

Es Ist dicht genug!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Ich habe ein enormes Paket.
    Ich furz in der Badewanne und beiße die Blasen.
    Zee
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    Don't be such a Deutschbag.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Es Ist dicht genug!

It's tight enough! ?????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Wait.........
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 129 Member
    peanut butter pie?
    omg.
    heck, why not just make cement pies and be done!:yikes:
    Retired Military Aviation
    Former Member Navy Shooting Team
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    I know nothing
    I see nothing
    I hear nothing

Give me strudel
    My new Signature
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,951 Senior Member
    The soda can target has been located and will be back in service if y'all want to do the "coke can shoot". For those unaware, it's a simple competition using a stock .22lr with no more than 9x magnification, and no fancy rests. It's one shot, cold bore, no practice shots, at a soda can sized target at 100yds. Basically take the gun out of the case and hit a soda can at 100yds with one shot.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,296 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    The soda can target has been located and will be back in service if y'all want to do the "coke can shoot". For those unaware, it's a simple competition using a stock .22lr with no more than 9x magnification, and no fancy rests. It's one shot, cold bore, no practice shots, at a soda can sized target at 100yds. Basically take the gun out of the case and hit a soda can at 100yds with one shot.

I'm in
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I made peanut butter pies tonight. Since Eli is now coming and bringing his dessert stuff, and Christina cheesecakes, and Debbie her awesome lime/mango pies, I may as well serve mine as dessert on Friday night.

I was gonna suggest to the Mrs that she make a Peanut Butter Cheesecake, but since you have made pies, I am thinking some kinda fruit cheesecake like Kintepoet suggested, and either an Almond Joy cheesecake, or a turtle cheesecake. She is also thinking about making a pan of mac and cheese.
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
    Fisheadgib wrote: »

Fancy rests were never excluded in the original discussion. As a matter of fact, I'll just say... Fancy rest my ass!
    Zee
    Working on a stand to hold my 8". It's a t shaped holder, 8" on one side, _______(whatever size metal i find ) on the other. Gonna set it at 300-ish
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,340 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Fancy rests were never excluded in the original discussion. As a matter of fact, I'll just say... Fancy rest Jerm's ass!

FIFY.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Working on a stand to hold my 8". It's a t shaped holder, 8" on one side, _______(whatever size metal i find ) on the other. Gonna set it at 300-ish

Ok. The small circle will be 2.75". Used a 3" hole saw through some half inch stock, 2.75 isnwhat the inside bit came out to be.
    Zee
    If anyone needs any particular caliber of ammo please let me know on here or by PM and if I have it, I'll bring it for you.

Here is the handgun calibers I will bring guns n ammo for us to shoot.

.22 LR 5 or 6 brands/types to try
    .22 Mag
    9mm
    .38 Spl
    .357 Mag
    .44 Spl
    .45 Colt

I'm debating whether to bring any rifles at all. I was considering my Marlin 45-70 1895 and my Ruger Mini Ranch .223 and not lugging the heavy F/R rest along.

Even if I don't bring those I can bring ammo if anyone needs any for them or any other caliber I have O/H.

I already have two regular size range bags loaded down with ammo and a big one with ammo and "Stuff" and a cloth handled bag and may need more bags.

I just got a Caldwell Pistolero handgun rest in the mail I'll bring. Box says it can be a front rifle rest too. Hmmm maybe fer a .22 or .223 for informal fun shooting and that is what we will doing.
    Target stand is done. Just need to cobble something on the small steel to attach it to the fire hose. It ain't pretty, and the words look like dog ass, but she'll hold. Now, if someone can return the piece of schedule 80 pipe that I'm going to use to make this thing break down in two pieces, I'd appreciate it. It's gone on a walkabout I guess.
    Zee
    Walleye fillets are ordered. Now to pick up 1 1/2 gallons of heavy whipping cream, pickled baloney, fettuccine, spaghetti, and maple syrup.
    OK, had a request to bring the Marlin 45-70...........so stop by my table and try it if you like.
    Probably bring the Ruger Mini Ranch rifle too, just because it is different than an AR.
    I'm bring some 45 cold +P
    don't know what I'm gonna do with it.
    My new Signature
    Diver43 wrote: »
    I'm in
    I surrender
    My new Signature
    NN wrote: »
    I'm bring some 45 cold +P
    don't know what I'm gonna do with it.

Shoot it ...............what weight bullets?
    Target stand is done. Just need to cobble something on the small steel to attach it to the fire hose. It ain't pretty, and the words look like dog ass, but she'll hold. Now, if someone can return the piece of schedule 80 pipe that I'm going to use to make this thing break down in two pieces, I'd appreciate it. It's gone on a walkabout I guess.
    Is this for close in or far out?
    My new Signature

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file