Folks coming to the 2017 shoot at Jerry's...

Comments

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,310 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    Yes, I'll bring the custom Tikka .243 and a couple others to shoot. Thanks for low down!

Double ration of Port for that man. I would love to see it in the flesh so to speak. It may give me a few ideas for my next rifle.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,105 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    Outstanding, I'm really going to try to make this work!

Questions since I've never been to this event. What kind of guns should I bring? Are there competitions or gun fun shoots? Help me out here folks!
    I do A LOT more talking and catching up than shooting. As Paul said the 329 got a lot of attention last year and the SBR has been a previous favorite of a few. If it's pretty, cool or weird someone will want to shoot it. I'm bringing my new Calebib built 629 this year to just carry on my belt all day.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,390 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    I dont joke about things like that. Last time I traded one I had to throw a house in to 'sweeten' the deal........

Looks like I will get to keep the house, and of all things the Mini van...
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,967 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Last time I traded one I had to throw a house in to 'sweeten' the deal........

Lewis Grizzard once said, "Instead of ever getting married again, every few years I'll just find a woman that I don't like and buy her a house."
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,564 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    And expect to bring more than gets shot. If I had to guess, at LEAST half of the firearms brought every year never get fired, or get shot VERY little.

Last few I can think of that were super popular, TennMike's (now defunct :tissue: ) 50 BMG bolt action, BigAl's M1941 Johnson (His brother in laws :confused: ) and my 50 Beowulf normally comes home with quite a few more empties than loaded rounds.

Wambli's 329 also got shot QUITE a bit last year.

Basically, if it's not common, LOUD, or kicks hard, folks will probably gravitate to it. (Ask JBOhio about me and his 300 RUM :tooth: )

My 6.5 Grendel 799 was fairly popular with some of the new shooters last year too.

I'll be bringing the .50 BMG rifle this year. I wanted to have the AR 15 upper in .50 BMG by then, but the cataract surgery on both eyes will blow the gun fund and leave me financially embarrassed.

I WILL be bringing a couple or three of the ARs (22.LR, .223, and 7.62x39) with the lowers made from the 80% kits. And a bunch of .22 LR rifles and one .22 WMR lever rifle(Henry). And the .22 WMR semiauto pistol.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,717 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I'll be bringing the .50 BMG rifle this year. I wanted to have the AR 15 upper in .50 BMG by then, but the cataract surgery on both eyes will blow the gun fund and leave me financially embarrassed.

I WILL be bringing a couple or three of the ARs (22.LR, .223, and 7.62x39) with the lowers made from the 80% kits. And a bunch of .22 LR rifles and one .22 WMR lever rifle(Henry). And the .22 WMR semiauto pistol.
    An AR based 50 is much more important than being able to see. We all voted, and we say ditch the surgery, buy the gun.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,555 Senior Member

If you get cataract surgery you can see CPJ in all of his glory. If you don't, you can't.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,337 Senior Member
    .22 WMR semiauto pistol sounds very interesting
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,967 Senior Member
    So are we close enough to start talking about what we're bringing firearm wise?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    So are we close enough to start talking about what we're bringing firearm wise? Because I'm bringing my Mossberg bolt guns for Chris to shoot.
    I think you just started that conversation. :up:
    Zee
    cpj wrote: »
    I think you just started that conversation. :up:
    So far I got the new .22, the SBR and Calebib's Mountain Gun. Anything else?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    So far I got the new .22, the SBR and Calebib's Mountain Gun. Anything else?

All you need to bring are those luscious Puerto Rican lips so I can smooch them!
    Zee
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 3,973 Senior Member
    All you need to bring are those luscious Puerto Rican lips so I can smooch them!

I'd prefer Wambli bring a big Puerto Rican baseball bat, so you could smooch that.

Pics, of course.....

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I'd prefer Wambli bring a big Puerto Rican baseball bat, so you could smooch that.

Pics, of course.....

Mike
    You

You're not speaking in euphemisms, right?
    Zee
    If you get cataract surgery you can see CPJ in all of his glory. If you don't, you can't.

Thanks for the reminder I'll double up on the #12 shade lenses in my welding helmet.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

Diver43 wrote: »
    .22 WMR semiauto pistol sounds very interesting

30 round magazines. :tooth:

You

You're not speaking in euphemisms, right?

No. I suspected I'd have to clarify that for you, but was hoping against hope that I wouldn't. To be clear, I meant a real baseball bat....one that Wambli could throw into a river when he was through with it.

Mike
    KSU Firefighter
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,711 Senior Member
    Bring whatever you want! But aren't you the one with the custom Tikka .243? If so, bring that.
    No real competition, other than the Marshal Dan shoot. It amounts to the best three shot group at whatever distance, typically the farthest we can get. We've tried other competitions, it's not worth it. They either get stupid complicated, and honestly we don't have time for a bunch of formal crap. Just be safe, and shoot. There's a lot of shooting going on, and twice that amount of bull shootin. And eating. Lots of eating.

The one I made was more about BS and commradity and oh yeah Show and Tell. The shooting was purely fun. Especially Tennmike's cannon. I would have never believed until I experienced a 50 Browning could actually be pleasant to shoot off the shoulder. That alone was worth the trip. And I busted my share of Tannerite with it too!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Linefinder wrote: »
    No. I suspected I'd have to clarify that for you, but was hoping against hope that I wouldn't. To be clear, I meant a real baseball bat....one that Wambli could throw into a river when he was through with it.

Mike
    I had to ask. I mean, fool me once.
    Zee
    As for making this shoot, I really wanted to, but I have one pressing matter that may have me on the other side of the world at that time, unless Immigration pulls a rabbit out of the hat and actually gets her here before Mem. Day. Then I'm bringing her AND her kids. I would love to introduce them all to a bit of Americana.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,049 Senior Member
    30 round magazines. :tooth:

My buddy has that one...it is addictive!
    Support your local Scouts!

Hey, that's my favorite Phrase!!! Well let's just say it fits my situation most times.
    I had to ask. I mean, fool me once.

Lol. Can't get one up on you.........
    KSU Firefighter
    You really don't go to Jerry's for the shooting do 'ya... :bang:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,652 Senior Member
    You and he and Klinger, too pinkglassesf.gif
    My new Signature
    Yeah... so THAT'S not happening....
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yeah... so THAT'S not happening....

You KNOW that you just threw down the challenge, right? Now he's gotta do it! :rotflmao:

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,049 Senior Member
    You KNOW that you just threw down the challenge, right? Now he's gotta do it! :rotflmao:

I have got to get there one of these years...y'all sound almost as bad as my old construction crew with creating trouble... :guns:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,652 Senior Member
    I'm wearing blinders and dark glasses :cool:
    My new Signature
    roadking wrote: »
    I have got to get there one of these years...y'all sound almost as bad as my old construction crew with creating trouble... :guns:

We don't create any trouble; it just sort of happens on its own accord. I still have a bunch of stuff I haven't used yet for 'surprises'. :tooth: :roll2:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file