CZ 75 knock offs

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 1,170 Senior Member
As I get more into pistol shooting and ownership, and my new CZ 75 of course, what are some of the knock offs? I think the EEA Witness is one? Somewhere I read where it is one of the most copied pistol designs ever?

Any info would be appreciated.

Bellcat
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Comments

• ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,010 Senior Member
    you may want to add some qualifiers..... such as in current production or not....

there are the

Canuk

Springfield Armory

ITM

EAA/WItness - as menteoned

Armalite

Sphinx

there are others out there too but imo some aren't "copies" but more like - take some design entities and add them to our gun....
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,612 Senior Member
    I think IMI Baby Eagle is one, also.
    My new Signature
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,925 Senior Member
    There are "Clones" and "Renditions." A clone should have 100% parts interchangeability or it's a "rendition."
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • MrSmittyMrSmitty New Member Posts: 12 New Member
    Love the CZ-75, I have been drooling over a SAR S6b at my local Rural King $279.....
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    Thirty years ago, before CZ was allowed in the USA, I got a Tanfoglio TZ75, and Italian 'rendition'. It was a nice little shooter that got sold when the money ran out. I think Tanfoglio is still the main West European manufacturer of CZ-style pistols under various names, but don't quote me.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • beanfieldbeanfield Member Posts: 84 Member
    I bought my EAA Witness compact in .45 Auto last year as a Christmas present to myself. It's pleasant to shoot and I also like the Wonder finish. I especially like how the safety locks up the hammer and trigger when safe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file