Concealed means CONCEALED!

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,201 Senior Member
My wife just spotted this at the kid's tae kwon do class:

It's a bad conceal fail when you can ID the make and model of the gun

It's an S&W shield by the way, an it has been out in the open for about 30 minutes now. No one else has seemed to notice
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,201 Senior Member
    Heh. He just realized and gave a guilty scan of the room to see if anyone else noticed
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    It's better than plumbers crack.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    It's better than plumbers crack.

Definitely!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 377 Member
    I tried it, but went back to appendix carry because of this very same reason.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,188 Senior Member
    That's why I like Duluth Longtail shirts in warm weather.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Definitely!

Yeah, Crack Kills!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,031 Senior Member
    I wear a few of the Cuban "cigar" shirts, the ones with the hip-length squared-off tail and a couple of pockets at waist level. They conceal a good variety of IWB and OWB holsters pretty well with little if any tendency to print.

55061?$large$

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 397 Member
    I'm partial to Hawaiian or Golf shirts one size over.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • DanoobieDanoobie Member Posts: 95 Member
    drsfefa wrote: »
    I'm partial to Hawaiian or Golf shirts one size over.

X2-(or, sometimes, "2X")
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,063 Senior Member
    This doesn't bother me all that much. It happens, hip or appendix carry.

Just go up to him and kindly remind him he's visible. No biggie.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,755 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    This doesn't bother me all that much. It happens, hip or appendix carry.

Just go up to him and kindly remind him he's visible. No biggie.
    That's what I normally do. Gentle tap and a whisper that their gun is exposed usually gives me a grateful thank you.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,404 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    That's what I normally do. Gentle tap and a whisper that their gun is exposed usually gives me a grateful thank you.

I'd find another way to get their attention rather than touching some dude.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • KennydaleKennydale New Member Posts: 11 New Member
    Was it like this !
    [video]

(Just kidding)
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »

Because it may be catching and you might like it.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,063 Senior Member

Slide your pistol on the floor under his seat and when he sees it and looks back say, "yours ain't much more hid."
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,755 Senior Member

Your story. Tell it any way you care to.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Kennydale wrote: »
    Was it like this !
    [video]

(Just kidding)

Jim Rice (RIP) did that avatar better.
    Jerry
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Because it may be catching and you might like it.....

Too late...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Again... you wear spandex shorts and display a propensity for attacking unwilling innocent victims (me)...
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Again... you wear spandex shorts and display a propensity for attacking unwilling innocent victims (me)...

Point ain't about the actual touching. Point is, Sumdood Stranger ttaps me on the shoulder unannounced, He's liable to get punched. You simply don't touch someone. So, since I know I'm not the only one in the world that would react the same, I ain't touching no body.
    And quite frankly, I doubt I'd even tell them it's showing.(a stranger anyway) Not my monkeys, not my circus. You're a grown ass man, learn to properly conceal your weapon.
    Zee
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 457 Member
    Seems like a good advertisement for sneaky pete holsters. Gun is not visible at all.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    gunwalker wrote: »
    Seems like a good advertisement for sneaky pete holsters. Gun is not visible at all.

Been there...had one...sold it...another good idea shot to hell...too big...too bulky...too slow...should come with a pocket protector and a handful of pens..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    gunwalker wrote: »

Yet they scream "I have a gun in this conspicuous looking pouch."
    Zee
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    Butt, butt, in Texas, if you have a concealed carry permit you're allowed to open carry.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Point ain't about the actual touching. Point is, Sumdood Stranger ttaps me on the shoulder unannounced, He's liable to get punched. You simply don't touch someone. So, since I know I'm not the only one in the world that would react the same, I ain't touching no body.
    And quite frankly, I doubt I'd even tell them it's showing.(a stranger anyway) Not my monkeys, not my circus. You're a grown ass man, learn to properly conceal your weapon.

Ok, I'm glad we have cleared the up. You are Ok with touching men, you just don't like it when they smack you for it. Got it :tooth:
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    *a-herm*

1rWm8kM.jpg

My money's on a Taurus TCP.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
    No matter what it is, a quick draw from the "lower right arse" position would be interesting to watch!
    :jester:
    Jerry
    I'd love to see him draw that in a hurry...
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    Easy-peasy. Pull it out between thumb and forefinger, flip it high in the air. Step back, assume a grip with arm extended, catch gun and pull trigger in one smooth motion. Saw it in a movie one time! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 377 Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Easy-peasy. Pull it out between thumb and forefinger, flip it high in the air. Step back, assume a grip with arm extended, catch gun and pull trigger in one smooth motion. Saw it in a movie one time! :tooth:

Works for me every time I play the "air drums" too.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file