Concealed means CONCEALED!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,946 Senior Member
    Works for me every time I play the "air drums" too.

See? Nothin' to it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,074 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Easy-peasy. Pull it out between thumb and forefinger, flip it high in the air. Step back, assume a grip with arm extended, catch gun and pull trigger in one smooth motion. Saw it in a movie one time! :tooth:

Speaking of concealed carry, Zorba, how do you manage that while wearing a dress or skirt?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 454 Member
    jayhawker, and Cpj. I respect your experience but I respectfully disagree. It is big and it is bulky, very true.But for me it is comfortable especially in a car. Nor do I find it slow. With some practice it is every bit as fast as having to pull up a shirt, then draw. So far the only folks who might have a clue that there is a gun are folks who read the magazines in which Sneaky Pete is advertised, and they don't care. I even got a compliment on my European man wallet. One person thought compact binoculars. In any event it meets the concealed requirements perfectly and works well for me. Now I don't have to dress around the gun. We each have to do what works best for us.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Speaking of concealed carry, Zorba, how do you manage that while wearing a dress or skirt?

Thigh holster, of course!

With that said, I do not yet CC - remember, I only recently escaped Commiefornia! But a thigh holster is something on my list to try - maybe I'll love it, maybe I'll hate it... :uhm:

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,347 Senior Member
    gunwalker wrote: »
    jayhawker, and Cpj. I respect your experience but I respectfully disagree. It is big and it is bulky, very true.But for me it is comfortable especially in a car. Nor do I find it slow. With some practice it is every bit as fast as having to pull up a shirt, then draw. So far the only folks who might have a clue that there is a gun are folks who read the magazines in which Sneaky Pete is advertised, and they don't care. I even got a compliment on my European man wallet. One person thought compact binoculars. In any event it meets the concealed requirements perfectly and works well for me. Now I don't have to dress around the gun. We each have to do what works best for us.
    Getting complimented on having a "European Man Wallet" is reason enough to not wear one.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,053 Senior Member
    Thigh holster, of course!

With that said, I do not yet CC - remember, I only recently escaped Commiefornia! But a thigh holster is something on my list to try - maybe I'll love it, maybe I'll hate it... :uhm:
    My money's on "hating it"

Since you wear a belt with your skirts, I'd look for a comfortable IWB holster
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    My money's on "hating it"

Since you wear a belt with your skirts, I'd look for a comfortable IWB holster

Yea, there's no reason not to use a more conventional holster, even with a skirt. I'd think a thigh holster would be hot and sweaty, but I'll try one if for no other reason than CPJ's and Ned's benefit! :devil:

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,347 Senior Member
    Yea, there's no reason not to use a more conventional holster, even with a skirt. I'd think a thigh holster would be hot and sweaty, but I'll try one if for no other reason than CPJ's and Ned's benefit! :devil:

Go ahead. When you try and show us I'll push you over as you attempt to draw it to illustrate how bad of an idea a thigh holster is. :tooth:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj wrote: »
    Go ahead. When you try and show us I'll push you over as you attempt to draw it to illustrate how bad of an idea a thigh holster is. :tooth:

It might be - but do remember I'm a trained dancer. My knee comes up very fast to kick a skirt up - don't get in its way! :tooth:

• gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 454 Member
    Yup,I hear ya. But the dude saying it had no clue what it really is.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,909 Senior Member
    gunwalker wrote: »
    Seems like a good advertisement for sneaky pete holsters. Gun is not visible at all.
    I thought I liked the idea, someone else on here has one of those holsters, too.

I'd use it from time to time if it did not have to carry such a small gun.
    I have a need for speed
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,452 Senior Member
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    *a-herm*

1rWm8kM.jpg

My money's on a Taurus TCP.

"Sir, either your pistol is showing or you have a gun-shaped tumor on your ass."
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,074 Senior Member
    It might be - but do remember I'm a trained dancer. My knee comes up very fast to kick a skirt up - don't get in its way! :tooth:

That's an image I'll be trying to get out of my head for the rest of the day.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,650 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    That's an image I'll be trying to get out of my head for the rest of the day.
    Won't work... Zorba' visuals are the equivalent of a mental thistle :drool:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Won't work... Zorba' visuals are the equivalent of a mental thistle :drool:

I'm guessing he's actually thinking of can-can girl kicks - which isn't what I'm talking about at all. Knee stays bent, calf stays vertical. The knee kicks up sharply while the foot remains pointed (downward). There's a bunch of cultural and esthetic reasons behind it, but the short version is the move is often used to kick enough skirt fabric up to where the dancer can grab it for skirtwork (think Flamenco dancing). Not much leg or anything else to see, and its very fast.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,014 Senior Member
    You could always wear a flash-bang!

IMG_8192_copy_600x.jpg?v=1494447294

:jester:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    You could always wear a flash-bang!
    Like most of the beautiful Belly Dance costumes I see but can't wear: I don't have the requisite anatomy!

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,178 Senior Member
    Funny you should bring that up...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Actually, unless you dress like a nunn, thigh holsters can be very comfortable and practical with a skirt. Beats stuffing everything in a purse lol

That's exactly the one I was thinking of, I'm more worried about it being hot and sweaty more than anything else. I'm dealing with "Prickly heat" at my waist right now.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,108 Senior Member
    Like most of the beautiful Belly Dance costumes I see but can't wear: I don't have the requisite anatomy!

You wear countless other forms of women's clothing and embellishments and you're not "technically" a woman so why would one more article matter?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,728 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    You wear countless other forms of women's clothing and embellishments and you're not "technically" a woman so why would one more article matter?

He makes a valid point. Besides, I suppose not only does the article in question come in multiple sizes, but 'enhancements' can always be made. Just sayin' :tooth:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,278 Senior Member
    Actually, unless you dress like a nunn, thigh holsters can be very comfortable and practical with a skirt. Beats stuffing everything in a purse lol

Thank you for getting the mind worm of Zorbas sweaty thighs out of my head......
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    That's exactly the one I was thinking of, I'm more worried about it being hot and sweaty more than anything else. I'm dealing with "Prickly heat" at my waist right now.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND then he ruined it again..............
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    I had missed that. Then you quoted it.

Thanks.

Red-headed jerk...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Misery loves company
    Fisheadgib wrote: »

I "draw the line" at anatomy. Skirts et al are unisex as far as I'm concerned. All it takes to wear one is a waist - we all have them. I don't have boobs!

My "tramp stamp" tattoo is unhappy right now. :rotflmao:

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,927 Senior Member
    javascript://

Yeah but everybody's looking when you go for your gun, so much for concealment!

:popcorn:

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,650 Senior Member
    I couldn't wear one of those. My skirts are not long enough to cover that much thigh, and in the even I had to draw from a thigh holster I would be exposing much more than my pistol lol. Ooop's :)
    There are a bunch of ol' curmudgeons here with weak hearts. Please be careful or we are going to have to buy a defibrillator to deal with your posts...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Not really hot and sweaty. A little cooler than wearing thigh high stockings with a garter belt, if that makes sense.

Can't say as I've ever had occasion to wear that - but it would be cooler than dance tights!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file