Texas about to legalize open-carry of big knives and swords

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,188 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,937 Senior Member
    How else you gonna carry a sword----stuff it down your trouser leg and walk like your knee is fused together?

I guess if I go visit our son I'll have to take my Mameluke sword .
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,188 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    How else you gonna carry a sword----stuff it down your trouser leg and walk like your knee is fused together?

Heck yea and walk like Chester on Gunsmoke :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,200 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Yep. That's the same batch of laws that legalized the Mossberg Shockwave... that is built in Texas, but for 2 more weeks is illegal.

It will be nice to not have to worry about the double edged, or too long knife restrictions. Time to get a Gladius!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Machete.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    On guard!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Yep.................... Time to get a Gladius!

I'm Spartacus!

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,188 Senior Member
    Oh no, a bunch of Zoro wannabes will be roaming the Texas Prairies.........................
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,200 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Oh no, a bunch of Zoro wannabes will be roaming the Texas Prairies.........................

En Garde, Y'all!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,286 Senior Member
    Ya ... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg..... 'll

I guess they will be cowpirates, or cow pi's for short

CP1 "Blow the man down"
    CP2 "Git back to Austin"
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,637 Senior Member
    Swords still banned in churches?? WTH??? How can you anoint Sir Cletus Twelvetoes of Amarillo without swords in churches???
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Swords still banned in churches?? WTH??? How can you anoint Sir Cletus Twelvetoes of Amarillo without swords in churches???
    Use a heavy hunk of metal.

Overkill is underrated.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,320 Senior Member
    I'm ready....
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,572 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I'm ready....

What do you know about the 4th one from the bottom? My dad has one that looks like it also with the metal scabbard, belts, and a U.S. belt buckle.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    My Aunt still had her first husband's West Point Sword when she died in Oct. 2015. She willed it to my oldest cousin. She had two girls. I would do about (Now I said "about" anything )for that thing.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,467 Senior Member
    In Texas, you also have the right to dress as a pirate and carry a sword. Parrot on the shoulder is optional.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,755 Senior Member
    Use a heavy hunk of metal.

I was JUST watching that cartoon 3 days ago when my 4 nieces (5 to 10) stayed with my wife and I overnight. I introduced them to old cartoons including Bugs, Porky Pig, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam and other greats!!! They LOVED it!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    What do you know about the 4th one from the bottom? My dad has one that looks like it also with the metal scabbard, belts, and a U.S. belt buckle.

Mine also has the metal scabbard but that's all I know about it. The only one I do know about is the one above it that was given to my dad by a Montagnard chief in Vietnam for helping his village. This one has a cool teakwood scabbard.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,572 Senior Member
    OK, thanks.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,305 Senior Member
    I think it's a good idea, and goes along with open and concealed carry. People might learn to be more polite, if they survive the experience.

Now if we could just get dueling reinstated as a legal means to settle arguments..................
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,031 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Bugs, Porky Pig, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam and other greats!!!

What- - - - -no Deputy Dawg, Looney Tunes, or Quick draw McGraw?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I was JUST watching that cartoon 3 days ago when my 4 nieces (5 to 10) stayed with my wife and I overnight. I introduced them to old cartoons including Bugs, Porky Pig, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam and other greats!!! They LOVED it!

Man, those were classics. I loved cartoons back in the day. They just aren't the same anymore.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,544 Senior Member
    Really, that has been legal in Ca since I got here.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Really, that has been legal in Ca since I got here.

Do they make you use a bullet pin to get it out of the scabbard?
    Nah, they do it to honor Zorro's memory... :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,544 Senior Member

Not that I am aware of. Never left the house without that Bowie strapped to my side when I had my Boa constrictor.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Not that I am aware of. Never left the house without that Bowie strapped to my side when I had my Boa constrictor.
    THIS requires PICTURES!!!!!!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    People carrying big knives.

I wish Dan Johnson was still alive to comment on this.
    Overkill is underrated.
    People carrying big knives.

I wish Dan Johnson was still alive to comment on this.

The only "You suck" I EVER got from Dan Johnson was for my Gillespie "Big Knife" with an 8" blade of 1/3" thick steel...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file