Hurricane Irma Watch ...

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,244 Senior Member
Guess it's our turn on the east coast to watch a hurricane.

As of early this afternoon the Carolinas looks like we better start getting things in line ...

The models are a week out so things can change if we get a nice high pressure system come in at the right time or such. However the coastal members ... Enzo and Ned especially ... need some luck!

Here's a nasty early projection ... https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.5;-78.6;5&l=wind&t=20170911/21&w=off ... 9/11 @ 5pm along the northern SC/southern NC coast with 125-130mph winds. Damn, I hope this thing shifts east out to sea real soon.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    I hope it heads out to sea and impacts no one......
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,642 Senior Member
    We had our direct hit last year. I'm sending this one to Florida :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

With your navigation skills, it will probably arrive in Oregon..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    I can't hear you 'cause you are in tomorrow... :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member

:spittingcoffee: Good one! :rotflmao:

Washington state and Oregon, and California could use the water right about now. The forest fires are getting way out of hand out there. Danged tree huggers have made all three states a tinder box just waiting for a match to set it off, and somebody/something sure is doing a good job.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,909 Senior Member
    :yikes:
    I have a need for speed
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,517 Senior Member
    If you live near water, sooner or later, expect to get wet.
    horselips wrote: »
    If you live near water, sooner or later, expect to get wet.
    What? :uhm:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,517 Senior Member
    What? :uhm:

If you live on the plains, expect tornadoes. If you live in the mountains, expect blizzards. If you live on a fault line, expect earthquakes. If you live in the woods, expect forest fires. If you live near railroad tracks, expect to hear trains around the clock. If you live near an airport, expect to hear planes overhead around the clock. If you live in a big city, expect to hear horns and sirens at all hours. And again, if you live anywhere near water, expect to get wet.

When choosing a place to live, choose wisely.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,244 Senior Member
    Damn Enzo ... the latest model shows Irma shifting south towards the GA/FL border ... you got a direct line to somebody with pull?

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    I hope Irma takes a 90° turn North before the Dominican Republic and blows itself out in the cold waters of the North Atlantic.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,425 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    If you live on the plains, expect tornadoes. If you live in the mountains, expect blizzards. If you live on a fault line, expect earthquakes. If you live in the woods, expect forest fires. If you live near railroad tracks, expect to hear trains around the clock. If you live near an airport, expect to hear planes overhead around the clock. If you live in a big city, expect to hear horns and sirens at all hours. And again, if you live anywhere near water, expect to get wet.

When choosing a place to live, choose wisely.

I live next to a cattle ranch....all I hear is mooooing....LOL
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Damn Enzo ... the latest model shows Irma shifting south towards the GA/FL border ... you got a direct line to somebody with pull?

Nope....... he, he, he...
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,181 Senior Member

We don't want her, hope it moves out to sea, I have family living on the Outer Banks.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,093 Senior Member
    Around and around she goes..............where she will hit landfall nobody knows....................yet. I think it will change again and again before a "Final" path can be determined...........depends on those steering winds. And the how the hurricane develops. I wouldn't jump for joy based on what's available right now if it pointed away from you or dread what may be coming your way either.

However, keep prepared with things like bottled water, gas, getting low prescriptions filled and whatever else you normally do in hurricane season as well as have a plan in mind like where you may go if necessary or if you stay what you can do to prepare.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member

ACK!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member

That's bull c.... :jester:

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,927 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    I hope it heads out to sea and impacts no one......

Yep that's the best kind. I wish these things on no one, well maybe somebody like Kim Jong Un or whatever his name is.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,927 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    That's bull c.... :jester:

D

Yeah, pretty much.....:rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

You forgot to mention the smell. And all that promiscuous sex by the cows and the bull(s) in the field in front of everybody! Danged hippy cows! :silly: roll2:

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 353 Member
    I hope that it heads out to sea , and honestly I have not been paying attention to it at all. Where we are in New Jersey we are in the mountains and when we get these storms like Irma and Sandy, we normally get a lot of damage. Sandy had our town of 40 plus square miles cut in four parts by washing out major roads. In fact, the army corps of engineers just finished the bridge on glen road about two years ago. We are not fans of super storms here either.
    Walmart here out of bottled water..............I got another case and it was the last one in the water section. Machine still works to refill and maybe a few jugs left. Saw a old VET in the parking lot in a wheelchair and offered to give the case to him and his wife and she said they were OK.

WM said they will have more Wed or so. One couple was from West Palm heading home and told me they knew it was sold out where they live.

If the power goes out so does my water supply with a well. So if I need to I'll fill up a bathtub and a 5 gal plastic jug I have for storing water to flush with and give myself a whore's bath.................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I'm sue Walmart is out of Spaghetti'Os by now :tooth:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,553 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Walmart here out of bottled water..............I got another case and it was the last one in the water section. Machine still works to refill and maybe a few jugs left. Saw a old VET in the parking lot in a wheelchair and offered to give the case to him and his wife and she said they were OK.

WM said they will have more Wed or so. One couple was from West Palm heading home and told me they knew it was sold out where they live.

If the power goes out so does my water supply with a well. So if I need to I'll fill up a bathtub and a 5 gal plastic jug I have for storing water to flush with and give myself a whore's bath.................
    I have modified my plans and stash based on what you folks in hurricane zones do and have done in the past, you should not have even needed to go to Walmart:silly:. Good on you for looking out for the guy and his wife in the parking lot.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I'm sue Walmart is out of Spaghetti'Os by now :tooth:

Funny you mention that, I bought a 4-pak while I was there. They seemed to have plenty. But stuff like that and and fruit cups are selling well today.
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I have modified my plans and stash based on what you folks in hurricane zones do and have done in the past, you should not have even needed to go to Walmart:silly:. Good on you for looking out for the guy and his wife in the parking lot.

I needed to make my weekly trek there anyhow. Parking lot was fairly crowded today. Most everything I bought I use anyway. They had a couple pallets of 5 gallon gas jugs going like hotcakes................I could have bought a few, but have no use for them. My car is full and I don't have a generator.

Gas up to $3.75 and climbing here.
    I got a battery operated lantern/flashlights/candles and batteries already and a BBQ grill if it comes to that.

Well, I need to assemble a Webber one I bought a couple years ago just in case.............
    I can play Army and eat outta a can, just like C-rations again. :tooth:
    Walmart pretty flush with .22 ammo today..........ask me that should be a survival staple............I'm more than good, but gotta look every visit. And give the spindles a twist and look at the rifles and shotguns on display.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,425 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the smell. And all that promiscuous sex by the cows and the bull(s) in the field in front of everybody! Danged hippy cows! :silly: roll2:

Yeah, every once in a while I get some crappy odor coming my way from there, but not too often.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file