Car Service mishap:(

Comments

• SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Reason: Explanation of why something happened.
    Excuse: Explanation of why something happened with the emphasis on explaining away a personal fault.
    Make sure your explanations for staying in NJ are reasons. Also we should not assume SigGal is making excuses for her when they would be for some of us.

I must be having a blonde moment because I don't understand. I don't make excuses for you guys..... I'm still trying to figure you all out lol. My reasons for staying in New Jersey are pretty clear I thought, and that is because we both have family here, and more importantly Jason loves his job and doesn't want to leave it. I spend a lot of time in Canada, so leaving to me isn't as much of an issue. I love Jason and will make sacrifices as long as he is happy. When the time is right we are out of here for sure, and I can't wait!
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I don't make excuses for you guys.
    Haven't you realized that there are no excuses for us?
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    My niece got her degree in special needs education and it took a while for her to get a job near Milwaukee and her family. While she was job hunting, I told here that if you wanted to teach re---ds, you have to move where the re---ds are, like down here. She doesn't approve of much of my vocabulary.:jester:

Lol, I agree with her on the vocabulary only because children are not ****. It is the parents who are ****, and I have already rocked the boat being conservative in the educational system. I found a job fairly quickly but it still took two years of internships and butt kissing. I turned down two positions before taking this one though, so I was lucky. They are also paying for me to go back for my JD next year.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Haven't you realized that there are no excuses for us?

Lmao! That's part of the problem. I live with a boy and still can't figure him out..... and there is absolutely no excuses with that one!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,220 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Reason: Explanation of why something happened.
    Excuse: Explanation of why something happened with the emphasis on explaining away a personal fault.
    Make sure your explanations for staying in NJ are reasons. Also we should not assume SigGal is making excuses for her when they would be for some of us.

So what you are saying is Jason has to blame Sig for the error.

Sarge to Jason "What on earth were you thinking? How dumb can you be? We have to go out of our way to excuse this, what were you thinking!!!????"
    Jason "Sarge, my fiance is blonde."
    Sarge "Ok Jason, we understand."
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,383 Senior Member
    I live with a boy and still can't figure him out...

Shoot, I live with a girl and I still can't figure her out - even after 33 years! I wouldn't trade her for anything, but sometimes I swear I married an alien...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,007 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Shoot, I live with a girl and I still can't figure her out - even after 33 years! I wouldn't trade her for anything, but sometimes I swear I married an alien...

Don't you know? Women are from Venus.

I read it in a book somewhere, so it must be true.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    I live with a boy and still can't figure him out.
    Sex, beer, and food. In that order. Now you know all the secrets there is to know about the mystery of men. Women? :bang:
    Sex, beer, and food. In that order. Now you know all the secrets there is to know about the mystery of men. Women? :bang:

I thought it was just sex, but good to know :)
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Don't you know? Women are from Venus.

I read it in a book somewhere, so it must be true.

I read this as well, just don't know that I believe it :jester:
    I thought it was just sex, but good to know :)
    Oh, and toys. Boys need toys. Guns, cars, boats.... They all need something to play with to be happy-- kind of an extension of the sex thing.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I must be having a blonde moment because I don't understand. I don't make excuses for you guys..... I'm still trying to figure you all out lol. My reasons for staying in New Jersey are pretty clear I thought, and that is because we both have family here, and more importantly Jason loves his job and doesn't want to leave it. I spend a lot of time in Canada, so leaving to me isn't as much of an issue. I love Jason and will make sacrifices as long as he is happy. When the time is right we are out of here for sure, and I can't wait!

Some here are treating your reasons, and I believe they are reasons, as if they are excuses.
    Oh, and toys. Boys need toys. Guns, cars, boats.... They all need something to play with to be happy-- kind of an extension of the sex thing.

I'm ok with this! He can have all the toys he wants as long as he is happy. Well......when he is no longer in trouble lol
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 3,972 Senior Member
    As he ages, the priorities are the same, but the precedence changes.

Just a heads up.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 313 Member
    I think a father son in-law heart to heart conversation may be in order.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,557 Senior Member
    Guys! How many times do I have to explain this? Women are from another planet, in a different galaxy, in an alternate universe. They killed off the indigenous female population centuries ago. They've been experimenting on us for at least three centuries, probably longer. Some of them couldn't handle the transition from their alternate universe and they are the feminists and other female weirdos. Neurological disorder on a massive and growing scale.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

Axe wrote: »
    I think a father son in-law heart to heart conversation may be in order.

I just realized yall were from Lake Mohawk. That place bought my 22-250. I worked storm damage 20 + years ago there. I had a Mon-Thurs working in Clinton annandale area with lots of OT after a storm, A fri that I wasnt sced. to work, so I worked the lake Mohawk area to help them out. 19H Fri at time and a half, 18H Sat at time and a half, and 15 H Sun at double time. Lived across the US border in Mt Bethel. By that Wednesday I owned a Ruger #1

Dont know if it is still this way but around the lake residents had a moratorium on tree trimming. No moratorium on whining when the trees took out power and phone though.
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 298 Member
    I hope everything works out for you, ma'am, and that you and yours can escape to freedom soon. If something like that had happened in my Dept the staff member would be lucky to still have a job - but this is a right to work state and our competing unions, (about 4 claim to represent us), have little to no power. Good luck!
    Armoredman wrote: »
    I hope everything works out for you, ma'am, and that you and yours can escape to freedom soon. If something like that had happened in my Dept the staff member would be lucky to still have a job - but this is a right to work state and our competing unions, (about 4 claim to represent us), have little to no power. Good luck!

Thank you! Things hopefully will be ok. Unions here in New Jersey are very powerful and influential in politics in this state, especially police unions. He is riding a desk right now, and just loves that! Lol
    I just realized yall were from Lake Mohawk. That place bought my 22-250. I worked storm damage 20 + years ago there. I had a Mon-Thurs working in Clinton annandale area with lots of OT after a storm, A fri that I wasnt sced. to work, so I worked the lake Mohawk area to help them out. 19H Fri at time and a half, 18H Sat at time and a half, and 15 H Sun at double time. Lived across the US border in Mt Bethel. By that Wednesday I owned a Ruger #1

Dont know if it is still this way but around the lake residents had a moratorium on tree trimming. No moratorium on whining when the trees took out power and phone though.

I spent a lot of time on that lake. My dad was friends with the marine patrol guy and I wound up naked on a boat one night drinking on the lake, and wouldn't you know it lol. Came to shore in a old scratchy fire blanket with the parental s waiting for us. I didn't sit for a month! We actually live across town from there, but yeah..... they are rich spoiled brats. They make me look normal lol
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,339 Senior Member
    My niece got her degree in special needs education and it took a while for her to get a job near Milwaukee and her family. While she was job hunting, I told here that if you wanted to teach re---ds, you have to move where the re---ds are, like down here. She doesn't approve of much of my vocabulary.:jester:

My daughter teaches special ed kids in Albany, NY. She thinks it is more of a challeng than teaching upper-income college prep students who don't appreciate the free education they're getting. **** is such an ugly word. And an uglier attitude.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,710 Senior Member
    Screw the Pension. You're young enough to start over in a free state. And you can sell what you've bought. Go somewhere else, and if you come to someplace like Florida or Texas now at this age you will more than make up for any costs through tax savings. Do you know Florida has no sales tax? That would add up over the next 30-40 years. There's just so many advantages to living in a free state. Did I mention Texas has no State Income Tax? If you really want out of there you can do it and there's just so many advantages to it.

Forgot to tell ya, I went to Wally World a few months back and had my carry weapon in the console but it wasn't closed. The guy putting tires on my car ask me if I wanted to sell the pistol. I told him there was a lot of sentimental attachment in it and couldn't sell it. I guess if that woulda been a Walmart in NJ, he woulda ratted me out to the cops instead of ask me if I wanted to sell it. Ah such is life in the free state.....
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,179 Senior Member
    Service up in NJ was weird when I had to go up there the first time I almost punched some **** at a gas station. I pulled in and started to pump my gas and this damn fool comes out cussing at me. I get ready to throw down and turns out it's illegal to pump your own gas in NJ ... W-T-F? ... and the station guy sure didn't know what customer service was but I did apologize for not knowing the law but that was all I said as I paid for the little I pumped and went on to another station. Imagine if I had a gun and he had seen that?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,339 Senior Member
    It's illegal in Oregon to pump your own gas. Why, I don't know.

All this talk about moving to a "free state" is hogwash. Giving up a house, a pension, a job just to own a firearm is absurd. SIGgal has more experience in living in NJ than anyone else replying to her posts and is old enough to make up her own mind. There are things I don't like about living in GA, but I'm not about to leave.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Yeah Steve, one thing we can't really call you is Mr. PC, that's for sure,

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 3,972 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »

All this talk about moving to a "free state" is hogwash. Giving up a house, a pension, a job just to own a firearm is absurd. SIGgal has more experience in living in NJ than anyone else replying to her posts and is old enough to make up her own mind. There are things I don't like about living in GA, but I'm not about to leave.

I think I'm gonna have to agree with this. Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

It depends on how much time and money you have tied up in that house and pension. Lots of people give up a pension with 5 years in it to make a career change and never look back. You go somewhere where can enjoy your life and you'll make up for what you lost in no time.

She only has a couple years on the pension, ground is not broken for the house, and I have as much time working there unless she got her degree at age 15. Its not about getting out to own a firearm, it is about getting out because she almost got arrested and her fiance might lose his job and if he doesnt, he will have a mark on his record for his career for something that would be handled like adults or just ignored as common anywhere else.

There is a difference between GA and NJ that you have to experience.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,102 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna have to agree with this. Mike

So do I. I spent quite a few years in NY, NJ and CT and made the best of it. Family, home, financial and professional reasons kept me there and I learned to work with all the good and worked around all the bad as best as I could. Hell I even got a full unrestricted carry in NY.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Gypsy, same treatment!

And Free Mason too. Hitler was scared of us so he killed all of us he could find.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file