Paying people not to commit murder...........

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,364 Senior Member
Interesting concept.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/09/04/go-wrong-sacramento-pay-gang-members-not-commit-murder/

I guess it puts a new slant on the term "Cost of living'. Wonder if it will be inflation adjusted?
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,027 Senior Member
    I live in Lincoln, 20 miles from Sacramento....Deputies shot in four different communities around me in the last 15 months. Four died. The Democrats in this State are idiots. Steinberg left the legislature because of term limits and became mayor of Sacramento bringing his moronic governing policies (let felons out of prison early because they didn't have rehabilitation opportunities) to the city. Can't wait for the day that the gangs in Kommifornia figure out that they vastly outnumber the police and ransack the cities. Blue tips awaits their caravan down my street!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,695 Senior Member
    Just when you don't think it can get any crazier in that blasted state!
    The thugs selected to receive the extortion payments are known to police and neighbors but, thus far, no one has had the ambition to make a criminal case against them...
    I've been saying for YEARS that "the authorities" know exactly who this human garbage is: Time to declare open season!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,492 Senior Member
    "Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute." - Bobby Harper
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    I don't have an issue with "targeting" 50 young thugs. The only discussion they might need to have would be ".223 or .308?"
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with "targeting" 50 young thugs. The only discussion they might need to have would be ".270 or .308?"
    Jerry

FIFY :tooth:

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Seems like just shooting the ones that can't be rehabilitated would be cheaper.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike wrote: »
    Seems like just shooting the ones that can't be rehabilitated would be cheaper.

Ya think?

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Could we get some of that money?:uhm:
    I have a need for speed
    NN wrote: »
    Could we get some of that money?:uhm:

Which begs the question, "Where are they going to GET the money?". They've been giving handouts to illegals for decades, now they're going to give more to criminals. The state is broke, they raised gas taxes - again - as the Liberals love to say, "Its unsustainable".

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Why increase the debt limit and then run for the US congress.
    I have a need for speed
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    If people can't see there's something wrong with this picture They're truly lost. But it's right up there with same sex marriage and every other goofy libtard idea we've seen the last 10 years. Just let everybody do anything they want. As long as they vote Dummycrap!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,829 Senior Member
    Hmmmmmm, I wonder what's going to happen when the "protection money" runs out?
    My prediction is thugs still gonna be thugs, just more of them
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,092 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    If people can't see there's something wrong with this picture They're truly lost. But it's right up there with same sex marriage and every other goofy libtard idea we've seen the last 10 years. Just let everybody do anything they want. As long as they vote Dummycrap!

Everybody should be able to do anything they want, as long as it doesn't cause harm to someone else.

Same sex marriage (consenting adults) harms no one.

Releasing gangsters and paying them not to murder? That is some alternative universe stuff right there...
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,486 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Everybody should be able to do anything they want, as long as it doesn't cause harm to someone else.

Same sex marriage (consenting adults) harms no one.

Releasing gangsters and paying them not to murder? That is some alternative universe stuff right there...

They should have to wear a reflective sticker after they pick up their checks, kind of like when you have been a good patient.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,617 Senior Member
    Hmmm. . .I see several problems here. Not the least of which. . .Anybody remember this line from The Last Samurai?

"For five hundred bucks a month, I'll kill whoever you want. But keep one thing in mind: I'd happily kill you for free."
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,295 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm, I wonder what's going to happen when the "protection money" runs out?
    My prediction is thugs still gonna be thugs, just more of them
    Perhaps the idiot mayor would be sleeping with the fishes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file