A rant on Medicare suppelmental insurance policies

2»

Replies

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,183 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Be sure to keep a close eye on your retirement account....I remember the day I checked on mine and discovered that 2/3s of it was gone....

The same thing happened to us at the airline i retired from, the Co. managed the retirement fund, it was set up that if you took any money out before you retired, you had to pay approx 50% in tax. None of us thought it would drop so much so we didnt pull our money out, in the end we all lost about 4/5 of what we had.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 356 Member
    Wow, that's not right. My retirement sits in a state pension system that they promise isn't going anywhere. While I am taking distribution of benefits, I am working with my accountant to make sure it is all there when we are childless, but I am not comfortable placing all our money in a private IRA. We have a lot of options, just scared to make the wrong ones after almost 30 years of contributing to the system.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,169 Senior Member
    Ha, started getting junk mail about when I get to 65 supplemental Ins yesterday already.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,292 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Ha, started getting junk mail about when I get to 65 supplemental Ins yesterday already.

Told ya! They're freakin' relentless! :silly:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,169 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Told ya! They're freakin' relentless! :silly:

It goes in the trash along with the car dealership gimmicks............last one had a scratch off said I could be a Big Winner with $10,000 off any new car, but I had to scratch it off in the presence of a car salesman at the dealership to be valid to claim my "Prize"!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file