Old Guns ......New Guns

Comments

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,139 Senior Member
    edited April 6 #512
    I had a S&W model 25  .45 Colt 4"  back in the 90s with some Bill Jordan grips on it. I don't remember them being Pachmyers though. Like a fool I sold it back to the guy I bought it from for the same $300 bucks.

Anyhow, they were designed to put your hand in a better firing position/grip as you drew from a holster for faster firing.

He was a big man with huge hands. I vaguely remember seeing him at a shootin exhibition when I was a little boy sponsored by a car dealership, I think it was Pontiac. I believe it was him, a very tall man on a platform who drew and fired with lightning speed hitting the targets.

I always thought Pontiacs  were cool when I wuz little because when the brights were clicked on a red Indian head illuminated  on the dash. 

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,094 Senior Member
    As I start putting them back away I will jot down a list. I will do it photo by photo so I can keep it straight .
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,971 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Simple plan like empty 1 just 1 safe & ya end up with this !
    Is that the 9mm Marlin Camp Carbine in a RamLine stock I see lying on the rug?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    I think you are looking at a Marlin mod. 9 - 9mm with the folding stock.
    Trying to deal with Century Arms co.
    I want to buy some mags for my .308 sporter they have a good price on line but no contact # so I sent an email yesterday. The responded today & wanted to know if I was a dealer. I have 3 sales tax permits for 3 states but said no I am not a dealer. Do you have to be a FFL dealer to buy just mags ?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,971 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I think you are looking at a Marlin mod. 9 - 9mm with the folding stock.
    Those Camp Carbines have become somewhat collectable.  You still have the original stock?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    No that went to the way side at some point. Now I wish I had kept it. I probably can find one on line if I decide to go back shooting that.
    That's the funny thing about buying over many years ......what was common at one point is now collectable. I wonder where all the other common ones went to. I guess most don't keep things as long as I do. ( And boy have I kept a lot of stuff ! )
    Just ordered 10 mags. from J&G sales. See how long it takes me to loose these.
    I can't remember shooting this cetme sporter .308. I only have a couple 308 s & wanted to blow the dust off them this year at my land. All the sorting , organizing , repairs will slow way down when it is nice enough out to get some shooting time in & relax.
    Ok last photo bagged & tagged. counting from the bottom up . ( because that is how I am picking them up.)
    Remington Nylon 66 .22
    Remington Nylon 11 .22
    Colt AR 15 pee ban with no forward assist  .223
    Savage mod. 64  .22
    On the rug bagged & tagged
    Ruger mod 10/22 carbine.
    Marlin Mod. 9-9mm
    Genfield Mod. 60 .22 lr
    Stevens Favorite .22
    Carcano FNA-B 91/38
    Stevens 25/20
    Remington score master Mod. 511x .22
    Savage Mod. 10 NRA .22
    Ruger Mini Thirty 7.62 x 39
    Carcano 6.5 Cal
    No time for the couch inventory list today because I'm getting a load ready for the flea market tomorrow. I did sort out the rescue guns & the needs repairs guns that was really a brainfart to mix those in with the others just to have space. Oh well it is all working out. Soon as the mags get here for the cetme 308 I will put those away with the rifle .....this time. As this train keeps moving on I just know I will stumble over the mags I lost.
    Had some time so here is the last of the list.
    couch left to right
    JS double barrel -Belgium -1890 s
    BSA 20 GA. made in Turkey
    J Stevens double barrel
    Knickerbocker dbl  ( I like the name for some reason )
    AK 7.62x39 Gsad.Manh.Bea.Ca. W/ fixed bayonet
    B.F.I Bushmaster xM15 E2S .223
    AK WSR 7.62 X 39 Romania
    Mossberg 12Ga.
    Remington Mod.870 Wingmaster 12Ga.
    H&R Topper Mod.88 12Ga.
    Went to set up my tables tonight for the flea market tomorrow . Before I left I ended up buying 2 pistols. I am really starting to think I have a sign on me that says  " This guy can't say no to guns ! "
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 482 Member
    The fastest reload is another gun.
    My plan to down size seem to be going in the wrong direction !   lol
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,139 Senior Member
    What pistols did you buy?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Just a couple cheapo ones .
    Heritage Rough Rider .22lr /.22 mag with 8"barrel
    Tanfoglio  GT 380xe 11 shot
    Up early here to get things ready for today.Had to reload my billfold after the impulse buy last night. No telling what I will get into today. The way this is going I should just have a empty table with a sign saying just here to buy stuff.
    I already plugged in my crock pot of sloppy joes , Might make up a tub for cheese popcorn to take along too for snacking on. Might not make money but dad & I won't starve ! Making popcorn at 4:30 am ......that's a new one for me .
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,054 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Up early here to get things ready for today.Had to reload my billfold after the impulse buy last night. No telling what I will get into today. The way this is going I should just have a empty table with a sign saying just here to buy stuff.
    I already plugged in my crock pot of sloppy joes , Might make up a tub for cheese popcorn to take along too for snacking on. Might not make money but dad & I won't starve ! Making popcorn at 4:30 am ......that's a new one for me .
    Man you are funny.  I have got to meet you someday 😂
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Old Ron said:
    Man you are funny.  I have got to meet you someday 😂
    That could be fun to meet .........or really boring for you.
    Yesterday went well. I managed to sell 1 table of treasures I didn't need.
    Bad news is I ran into a guy that finds all kinds of guns & is looking to turn them over quick. He is really old & knows a ton of old guys that every so often take there guns to him. He is a bit worried about not being a FFL & said the pawn shops won't give him a fair price most times.
    Never know there might be some nice things there & there may be a bunch of cheap guns sitting in my lap too. I gave him my card & said we will see how it goes. He told me he was going to start reloading again .......I said loading a muzzle loader really isn't considered reloading. Then I asked if he fought for the north or south. Got a blank stare there for a moment .........then he laughed & smiled.
    Almost forgot .........the cheese popcorn & sloppy joes was great !

Here is the last 2 new ones to me.

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa !
    Finally have a table back. Couldn't hit the easy button .........because it wasn't !
    Thought I would have it done by noon..........service call came in so off I went. Then stopped at the country shop to check water barrels. Two 275 gal. barrels full. That was a lot faster than I ever thought it would be. All my extra scopes now have mounting rings on. I need a break .........I think I will play cards tomorrow & relax. ( as long as calls don't come in )
    The gun case is coming along .......did my boots too.
    Brown truck come by. Dropd my cetme .308 mags ....... out of 10 only 2 locks in.
    Guess I need to make some adjustments to them with a file. ( that sucks )

Just talked to J&G sales & they were really nice about the mags not fitting. They are sending me 8 more & a shipping label to send the other 8 back to them. Not often that happens.
    Starting out a really crappy day here with high wind & rain 41 out. I hate to get into much on Friday the 13th. Will see if I can manage to keep my table clear for the third day in a row.
    ( could be a record going here )
    Friday was bad & today is worse. 40mph winds heavy rain temps dropping ice then 4" of snow.
    A little something for everyone. May have to got to an auction ......with things like this things may go cheap.Might be better off just cleaning the shop.......could save some money that way.
    Just counted ......I have 8 projects going on now. ( new rule here ) Complete 2 projects before starting a new one. See how long that rule lasts.
    With all the wind , rain ,sleet & snow I decided to stay in & work on the shop & re-fit the 97 stock. Will see today if I messed up the finish to bad. ( at least it fits nice now ) I would like to put a done stamp on that this weekend.
    Still not happy with this but the high gloss has come down a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file