Old Guns ......New Guns

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    Talked to a guy who went to the auction I didn't go to last weekend.........yep all the guns went cheap ......like real cheap. Some days you just can't do anything right.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,403 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I was right !  ( doesn't happen often )
    I knew I had 308 cetme mags.
    And why wouldn't I remember they were under knives & pointy things ? I need to start a tub just for knives.

One can never have too many sharp and pointy things.  I just bought two more from that black hole of perdition, eBay...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Old Ron said:
    I was right !  ( doesn't happen often )
    I knew I had 308 cetme mags.
    And why wouldn't I remember they were under knives & pointy things ? I need to start a tub just for knives.

One can never have too many sharp and pointy things.  I just bought two more from that black hole of perdition, eBay...
    I have these scattered all over the place. My new mission is to gather them up & keep them in one place if possible. With the mess I am in it will be a as I find more they will go in a tub. ( a marked tub ) this is for the main areas now when I get to the attic .....well no telling what all is tucked away up there for the past 50 years.
    I have to go through this same drawer every time I am looking for a small part. I have actually found a few needed parts in there. As long as I take parts out I am good ........putting parts in .....not so good.

If you ever get your stuffed inventoried you could probably start a vintage parts business on eBay that'd make a ton of money...  :D
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    If you ever get your stuffed inventoried you could probably start a vintage parts business on eBay that'd make a ton of money...  :D
    I was thinking along those lines just this AM . In my mind if I could sell 150k worth of stuff I would start on my new building. The trouble come in with that getting an inventory list thing lol
    Old Ron said:
    I was thinking along those lines just this AM . In my mind if I could sell 150k worth of stuff I would start on my new building. The trouble come in with that getting an inventory list thing lol
    Well I'm getting started by just looking at single items I bump into and making a quick decision.  Do I need this?  If the answer is not I take a quick snap and on to ebay or GB it goes.  Just made $140 this week on two old holsters.  Total investment of my time less than 15 minutes.  B)
    Wow that's great !
    My problem is that I don't know what 99% of the stuff is really worth or what to ask for it.
    The things I have sold mostly I depended on the buyer giving me a fair price on. Face to face you can get a feel for someone being honest .......on the internet that is a tough one to tell. Then there is the problem I have with tire kickers...... I tend to not be to polite if I think someone is wasting my time By the way did you see the attic pic. I posted in good bad ugly ? There is train sets,antiques,peanut collection , koolaid collection , collection of strange books , & a lot more sprinkled around up there. Problem is that I like that stuff but have no room to display them. The slot car set can go lol OK that's 1  lol

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 2,990 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Wow that's great !
    My problem is that I don't know what 99% of the stuff is really worth or what to ask for it.
    The things I have sold mostly I depended on the buyer giving me a fair price on. Face to face you can get a feel for someone being honest .......on the internet that is a tough one to tell. Then there is the problem I have with tire kickers...... I tend to not be to polite if I think someone is wasting my time By the way did you see the attic pic. I posted in good bad ugly ? There is train sets,antiques,peanut collection , koolaid collection , collection of strange books , & a lot more sprinkled around up there. Problem is that I like that stuff but have no room to display them. The slot car set can go lol OK that's 1  lol

Sounds like you could use some help. I get out your way to visit my brother often enough I could volunteer a day to help. I think it would be a hoot just looking though all the crazy stuff you seem to have.

Sako 
    That could fun if you could stand the mess I am in here & there .......ok every where !
    I talked to a gun trader guy today & tole him I am looking for a 45-45acp pistol revolver. He said he sees them from time to time & would let me know if he comes across one.
    Thanks to you guys on here now I think I should have one of those. lol
    It would be way easier to shoot my older 45acp ammo up that pull all those semi wad cutters.
    Not to mention a lot more fun to plink with. That reminds me I need to get my white bufflo steel painted up to blast at this year.
    Heading out today to look at a couple hand guns. A guy called & is selling a 9mm & a .357. Will probably have 2 more for the pile if things go right.
    Back already & yep I bought both of them.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,070 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I have to go through this same drawer every time I am looking for a small part. I have actually found a few needed parts in there. As long as I take parts out I am good ........putting parts in .....not so good.

in case you didn't know, that magazine at the bottom of your pic is a mag for a Remington 760/7600 or 740/7400.  It should have the caliber stamped on the side of it.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Thanks 1911 I will stick that in a baggie with that on it. Most of the stuff I am finding doesn't work for any gun I have.  ( at least so far )  lol
    Old Ron said:
    Back already & yep I bought both of them.
    That 19 shows a little character.  I love classics!
    I just couldn't say no .......ok I usually can't say no lol
    A lot of guns I buy are for or as an investment. Generally I buy more pistols than long guns. ( easier to find a place to store them )

Old Ron said:

in case you didn't know, that magazine at the bottom of your pic is a mag for a Remington 760/7600 or 740/7400.  It should have the caliber stamped on the side of it.
    Bagged & tagged it has 30-06 on it . .....Thanks
    I really should start a need parts list. I keep jumping from gun to gun . Part of the reason I think I am doing that is hunting for parts is really boring & frustrating on the internet. I like to call ask & order. That doesn't happen much.
    I managed to move a few things around so not a bad way to spend a rain day.
    Had some toons going & was thinking how I want to down size things ......I sold 2 shotguns .........then bought 4 hand guns . Not exactly down sizing lol

During one of my breaks today I called a guy I have been working on for 17 months now to sell his guns. He keeps saying he is thinking about it. Those kind of people make me nuts. Do you guys run into that much ? This is the longest I have ever messed around with a person like that. I don't need one of the 14 guns he is selling but wouldn't mind getting them all. ( there got that out of my system !  lol  )
    Found a company called green mountain that I may be able to get a barrel from for the Hepburn. I still don't know what cal. to get it set up to. Do you send them the action to fit the barrel ? or do you have to do the fit yourself ?
    Here was a little something dug out of a tub. This is a nice one but who trims that many cases to need one like this ? This guy had to be really deep into guns.

The more I look at this trimmer the more I think this has to go. My hand trimmer has worked for years so why have more sitting around. Sooner or later I will get my reloading bench back & do some loading again. ( am so happy I have a stock pile of loaded so I can still get out & shoot. Still haven't found a 45ACP revolver to shoot up all the semi wad cutters I have. I am a looking & will find one at a good price.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 656 Senior Member
    edited May 13 #596
    Alot of 1911's will feed them SWC's if you seat them so the shoulder is just a hair proud of the case mouth.

Of course that means hunting spent cases off the ground. A detestable task.
    I have about 20 boxes of those & my 1911 colt doesn't like them so I went to round nose.
    The chasing brass can really get old so when I saw on here a revolver that would shoot them I was sold on the idea ........now to find the gun to solve my problem .......at worst it is a good excuse to buy another gun !  lol

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,584 Senior Member
    1917 Smith, Colt New Service came in .45ACP. There's also some repop 1873 Colts with interchangeable cyls. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    S&W mdl 625 and/or Ruger Blackhawk with extra cylinder............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    If any of you guys have one of those at a fair price & want to give it a new home send me a IM .
    I think I could get to like shooting one of those. If the gun is rough I can do a rescue on it too.

I am getting anxious to try try rust blueing so may give it a go here at the small shop using a cardboard box to rust in. With a rescue crap gun .....what could it hurt ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file