Old Guns ......New Guns

1679111225

Replies

  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    I have been cleaning & oiling some pistols I have & during my breaks have looked up what they are selling for .....WOW !
    Ones that were common at the time I bought them now are crazy money. I will have to post a couple that made my jaw drop.
    Oh ya I did buy that 38 det. special ........couldn't help myself.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Here is that pistol.
    Not bad for $250 ?

  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,019 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Here is that pistol.
    Not bad for $250 ?

    I'd say you did all right on that deal. Congrats.

    Sako
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    I'd say you did all right on that deal. Congrats.

    Sako

    Thanks Sako I really was just guessing on that & couldn't pass it up for the money.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,760 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    I was happy to find the parts & get it back to working order.



    I forgot to put the clip in for this pic ....magazine too

    Hummmm, that does not look like a 340. Are you sure?

    The 340's I have seen look like this one.
    Mossberg-340-K-A-22-cal_100951207_803_84D3B972C5761B9F.JPG
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hummmm, that does not look like a 340. Are you sure?

    The 340's I have seen look like this one.
    Mossberg-340-K-A-22-cal_100951207_803_84D3B972C5761B9F.JPG

    Here it is with the magazine in.


    I could be wrong .......often am .
    Oh crap I posted a pic of the wrong gun..........Sorry Ska.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Dug this Savage .32 out trying to find the age . Some are calling this a 1907. It says 1905-7.65 mm
    Is that correct ?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,204 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Dug this Savage .32 out trying to find the age . Some are calling this a 1907. It says 1905-7.65 mm
    Is that correct ?

    I hate you now. I want one of those.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I hate you now. I want one of those.

    :rotflmao:
    And here I was here to make new friends ! ( I need to work on my people skills )
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,760 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Here it is with the magazine in.


    I could be wrong .......often am .
    Oh crap I posted a pic of the wrong gun..........Sorry Ska.

    There you go! Jeez, you had me googling away thinking I was loosing it buddy. Yep, that's the one I want. :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    There you go! Jeez, you had me googling away thinking I was loosing it buddy. Yep, that's the one I want. :tooth:

    I have been going through my guns & taking pics of them And oiling them up.
    I think I went click happy ......or just lost my mind looking some of these up.
    I just know when I finally finish I will find my old list. ( oh well was time to clean them up so no harm )
    Some of the guns I forgot I even owned.
    I was happy to find the trigger spring & the safety pin clip.
    I'm old & mess up more then usual ! Sorry again for the confusion.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    This is a fun one to plink with.

  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 224 Member
    AR 7 take/down survival gun ??? all the hype in the late 70's
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    HappySquid wrote: »
    AR 7 take/down survival gun ??? all the hype in the late 70's

    Yes it is . Back then I just had to have one. Later on I bought a papoose too.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,760 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    I have been going through my guns & taking pics of them And oiling them up.
    I think I went click happy ......or just lost my mind looking some of these up.
    I just know when I finally finish I will find my old list. ( oh well was time to clean them up so no harm )
    Some of the guns I forgot I even owned.
    I was happy to find the trigger spring & the safety pin clip.
    I'm old & mess up more then usual ! Sorry again for the confusion.
    Nothing to be sorry about. I’m really enjoying this thread!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Thanks !
    I do like to chat with people about there treasures.
    I am kinda new at this forum stuff but trying to catch on.
    It's my second try at a gun forum. The first one didn't work out so good.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,760 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Thanks !
    I do like to chat with people about there treasures.
    I am kinda new at this forum stuff but trying to catch on.
    It's my second try at a gun forum. The first one didn't work out so good.
    Well you are doing just fine here. Thanks for the walk down memory lane and reminding me I still have a few guns that have not been checked off on my bucket list.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    YVW I kind of see waking up the gun jean is costing more money to me than usual.
    The more I read on here makes me wish I was retired so as to have more time to play with the toys.
    About the only one I think I still need is a Barrett .50 82A1. ( gotta dream )
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,760 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    YVW I kind of see waking up the gun jean is costing more money to me than usual.
    The more I read on here makes me wish I was retired so as to have more time to play with the toys.
    About the only one I think I still need is a Barrett .50 82A1. ( gotta dream )
    If you really want a .50, the McMillan TAC-50 is the way to go. The Barrett shoots minute of truck... :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Nothing to be sorry about. I’m really enjoying this thread!

    Me too:that:
    Old Ron has quite a treasure chest.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    If you really want a .50, the McMillan TAC-50 is the way to go. The Barrett shoots minute of truck... :tooth:

    The TAC 50 looks like a nice rifle but 3 K more than the Barrett ? Do you think it shoots that much better ?
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Me too:that:
    Old Ron has quite a treasure chest.

    I have been piling my treasures from all over the world for years early. Some call it junk some say way to much stuff.
    Over the years if I see something I like & it is in my price range I buy it. What I have found lately is that the junk I bought years ago now is worth a lot more money. Years ago I bought a gold coin type set for $125.00 was told I was crazy to spend that much on coins .....today that set is around 4k . Makes me smile Again . I do try not to think to much of what it is worth & think more on how much I like it. If bills get to tough to pay then I will think about prices.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,760 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    The TAC 50 looks like a nice rifle but 3 K more than the Barrett ? Do you think it shoots that much better ?
    According to all reports, yes. About $3ks worth :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    My set aside dream money for the Barrett was 4k short now I am 7k short !
    Am gonna have to trade in a lot of pop cans to make that up.:yikes:
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    This is coming along..... still a lot of sanding to do.
    I know Al is keeping an eye on me so I don't want to screw it up.


  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,655 Senior Member


    Both eyes!!
    eye.jpg 10.1K
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    I am down to 200 Al but taking it slow like you said to.
    Would you tru oil ?
    Next I do some nickel plating & sand the clock project a tad while resting my back.
    Welding & brazing in flip flops will keep ya moving ! :rotflmao:
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,655 Senior Member
    If you have Truoil and nothing else, use it. Thin it about 50-50 with mineral spirits. I don't like the stuff myself. I use Permalyn from Brownells. Or thinned down tung oil.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,947 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Here it is with the magazine in.


    I could be wrong .......often am
    Oh crap I posted a pic of the wrong gun..........Sorry Ska.

    That first one you posted looks just exactly like my old Mossberg .410 Shotgun, except mine had screw on chokes and that made it look extra Dorkie...
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    I was thinking tung oil ....seems like that is not as glossy as true oil is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file