Sig Sauer optics

shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior MemberPosts: 1,969 Senior Member
Anyone know who manufactures Sig rangefinders and their other optics? I can't seem to find out anything on just who and where they're made. They seem to have a pretty good warranty and customer service. The customer reviews I've read seem very positive. Does anyone on the site own one? Thanks.

Comments

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,659 Senior Member
    I have a broken sig red dot that came from a sig 556 pistol. Color me unimpressed. It was out of warranty when it took a dump. (1 year warranty at the time)
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,968 Senior Member
    My brother has a SIG 3-9x40 on his marlin 45-70. It has stood up to the recoil, and I was impressed with the brightness and clarity.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I have a broken sig red dot that came from a sig 556 pistol. Color me unimpressed. It was out of warranty when it took a dump. (1 year warranty at the time)

Those were complete junk. This line is completely different. They are made in different places depending on the line but seem to be pretty good quality.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,056 Senior Member
    I’m fairly certain HoloSun (or whoever OEM makes HoloSun dots) makes Sig red dot optics. As for glass optics, I’m sure it’s some Japanese OEM that makes higher end Vortex stuff and Nikon stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 202 Member
    I'm guessing Hawke? I understand they make 104 different brands of scopes in their factory?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
    "As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
    " -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file