GQ Citizen of the Year ... Colon Kaeperknee???

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,244 Senior Member
http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-colin-kaepernick-named-gq-magazines-citizen-of-the-year-2017-11
NEW YORK (AP) — Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been named GQ's magazine's "Citizen of the Year" for his activism.

Kaepernick began kneeling instead of stand during the national anthem last season to protest racial inequality and police brutality. The demonstration sparked an ongoing wave of NFL protests by players during the anthem that have been repeatedly denounced by President Donald Trump. Kaepernick parted ways with the 49ers in March and hasn't been signed by another team.

W.T.H.???
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    GQ has been irrelevant to everyone except a part of the suit-and-tie crowd for decades. In other words, who cares?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,401 Senior Member
    I couldn't care less about what GQ thinks. I'd give my exact thoughts about that publication, but I'd be edited for being insensitive to a certain portion of the population.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    colon who?:uhm:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,544 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about what GQ thinks. I'd give my exact thoughts about that publication, but I'd be edited for being insensitive to a certain portion of the population.

Fruit loop magazine for sweetie pies.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,195 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,913 Senior Member
    Completely meaningless...like a Nobel prize for Yasir Arafat, Al Gore, or Barack Obama. It makes GQ even more irrelevant - something heretofore considered impossible.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,120 Senior Member
    He is still unemployed.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,557 Senior Member
    He did not kneel the first time. The first time he just sat and pouted on the bench. After the uproar he took a knee ' for the cause'

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,180 Senior Member
    Dipstick make his statement, I reckon and what did it do besides divide our country even more. Just like Obammy did fer 8 years.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,180 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »

He ain't got nuthin on you, especially when you wear your Spandex bicycle shorts :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,118 Senior Member
    I think I MIGHT have looked at a total of 1, yes O.N.E 1 GQ magazine in my lifetime, in a Dr;s waiting room. Didn't care about it then. care even less (if that's even possible) now
    Buford wrote: »
    Fruit loop magazine for sweetie pies.
    Nicely put Buford :win:

Wasn't it WMG who coined the phrase, "Cheeto Munchin' Nancy Boy"??
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    IF I had a subscription, I would cancel it. But, like others have said, GQ is pretty much irrelevant to me.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,451 Senior Member
    GQ's desperate effort to improve it's sagging ratings with Colon Kaputnik!! Someone should make a bonfire out of that commie hair-bags head!
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,655 Senior Member
    I'd say something, but last time I made a comment about the : it got deleted! It's to close to Christmas to get on the naughty list!!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,738 Senior Member
    They are appealing to their core market which is the gender-neutral, image conscious millennial male. This has nothing to do with ideology, it’s purely a marketing move since the folks that would boycott the magazine over it would never read an issue anyway. It creates buzz with no danger of diminishing readership...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,244 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    They are appealing to their core market which is the gender-neutral, image conscious millennial male. This has nothing to do with ideology, it’s purely a marketing move since the folks that would boycott the magazine over it would never read an issue anyway. It creates buzz with no danger of diminishing readership...

Give that man a cigar! Yep, they get free publicity ... and word of mouth. It’s just like some of the Hollyweird crazies ... they get their name in the news for a wacko reason but in the end it’s in the news and they get mileage out of it.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file