Man cave stuff

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,281 Senior Member
The workshop is nearing completion after almost two years slow progress. New Ingersoll Rand compressor came in today, looks like I’ll be busy this weekend hooking it up. Wife asked why I need such a big air compressor, I told her it was for Man Stuff! She just shook her head, laughed and walked away!

7qOsbjY.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Comments

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Men need alot of air.:cool:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    :worthy::applause::drool::cool2::yousuck::love:
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,281 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Men need alot of air.:cool:

She thinks I already generate more than enough!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    BigDanS wrote: »
    :worthy::applause::drool::cool2::yousuck::love:

Thank you sir!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,387 Senior Member
    As I constantly tell my wife. Big boys need big toys... :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    As I constantly tell my wife. Big boys need big toys... :tooth:

They just don’t understand.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,387 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Hey, it’s not like we get the shoe thing either :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Tools never go to waste.
    I picked up my new 60 gal compressor 3 years ago .......... I need to hook it up too !
    To many toys & to little time !
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,634 Senior Member
    That will knock the dust off a closet full of high heels :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,785 Senior Member
    Color me jealous :love:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,652 Senior Member
    That thar's a ginormous compressor!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,465 Senior Member
    That'll blow the wife's skirt up.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    That'll blow the wife's skirt up.

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hey, it’s not like we get the shoe thing either :tooth:

Point well taken!
    Old Ron wrote: »
    Tools never go to waste.
    I picked up my new 60 gal compressor 3 years ago .......... I need to hook it up too !
    To many toys & to little time !

Hopefully I’ll have it up and running Saturday evening.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Color me jealous :love:

:beer:
    Big Chief wrote: »
    That will knock the dust off a closet full of high heels :jester:

I’m quite sure it will cost me...
    zorba wrote: »
    That thar's a ginormous compressor!

Go big or go home! It ought to last me a long time.
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 313 Member
    Last time I bought a new compressor it cost me a new car. Not sure how that's fair or even justified, but I got the $45,000 compressor! The way I see it, happy wife, happy life.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,760 Senior Member
    There is a real need for a compressor
    nice one, hey.
    I have a need for speed
    Buying all the air tools will be fun too. Start out with a way to big tool box just for air tools...........you will fill it faster than yo think.
    A nice media cabinet would go with that too. ( just saying )
    Buying all the air tools will be fun too. Start out with a way to big tool box just for air tools...........you will fill it faster than yo think.
    A nice media cabinet would go with that too. ( just saying )

Already have a few air tools but the supply will get greatly improved quicklyi think!
    Already have a few air tools but the supply will get greatly improved quicklyi think!

I think back when I didn't have one & changing tires on my truck was a pain.
    Now with my 1/2 air gun I can change all 4 faster than I could do one back then.
    Now I have 5 compressors.
    Built my last building with a stud gun & a finish gun. Saved a bunch of time too.
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,659 Senior Member

We understand plenty lol. We just know that there are more important things, like shoes.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,493 Senior Member
    You suck.........or.....blow.:uhm:
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    olesniper wrote: »
    You suck.........or.....blow.:uhm:

Tomorrow I’ll be blowing! Worked on it today for a couple hours. Pulled it off the pallet and set it in its new home, not an easy feet by yourself.
    Also mounted the hose reel and filled the pump with oil. Tomorrow I’ll finish up, all that’s left is wiring it up, mounting the regulator, water separator and bolting it to the floor.

Progress!
    c8oaDex.jpg
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,896 Senior Member
    :yousuck: That is a really nice air compressor! I-R makes good stuff. That should be able to supply a blast cabinet, for glass bead blasting firearms parts. :tooth:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike wrote: »
    :yousuck: That is a really nice air compressor! I-R makes good stuff. That should be able to supply a blast cabinet, for glass bead blasting firearms parts. :tooth:

Now your talking!
    Looks great !
    I put those rubber blocks under 2 of my 60 gal. tanks.
    They don't move a bit.
    Usually I put an extension pipe out the bottom for the drain. bending down is way better than laying to get to the plug.
    Now ya need a nice mig welder to set next to it . ( & a tig next to that )
    Looks great !
    I put those rubber blocks under 2 of my 60 gal. tanks.
    They don't move a bit.
    Usually I put an extension pipe out the bottom for the drain. bending down is way better than laying to get to the plug.
    Now ya need a nice mig welder to set next to it . ( & a tig next to that )

Good advice, yes I still have to pick up the rubber pads and will get the drain kit from Ir.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file