Man cave stuff

1151617181921»

Comments

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,249 Senior Member
    Goi g to build you a train engine to put that on?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,072 Senior Member
    B) Now there is an idea !
    You could use one of those to call the goats in to eat ! ........just saying .
    I need to get all the steel off my truck before the snow & rain hits again .
    Back & yep there is still snow at the country shop.
    Here is the brand I made.

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,878 Senior Member
    timc said:
    Old Ron said:
    I hate it when I get close to a done stamp on a project & it goes sideways on me. I usually go to a plan B so I don't make a bad situation worse.
    Plan B Saturday evening was give up and drink beer. So I did. 
    Sometimes step back and reflect is the way to go. A breather clears the mind and opens it for new direction, especially when beer is added!
    I have a strong dislike of building patios. I have helped build three from native sandstone. 

Maybe it is sandstone I dislike. After picking tons out of the wheat field as a kid and more tons for patios 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    I haven’t started on the patio yet, waiti g on an Excavator to dig the dirt. Spent the weeke with goofing off, finished the clock and started on another. I think the one I finished is going in my office at work.

Ron, I like the brand, pretty cool, looks well done!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    Thanks tim
    It was one of those I have a new plasma cutter .......what can I make deals.At that time I was wanting to set up a cnc table but didn't have the space I would need to do it.
    I have been thinking about a new gate or at least new steel posts at the country shop. Then I may make another brand for out there too.
    That patio brick laying is wayyyyyyyy to much work bent over in my mind. I would be crippled up for a week. Buying a few cases of beer & invite younger friends over comes to my mind with that kind of work.
    I’ll work at it a little it at a time, it will take me a while but not going to kill myself at it.
    That is the best way to go at some of these little projects ........that can kill you.
    edited April 6 #610
     Project patio is in full progress.

got started on the patio extension, probably going to kill me but I’m getting after it. Working on finishing up the dirt removal and squaring the sides, hoping to start throwing sand and leveling Sunday. This is pure bust ass work! 

You are in it now !
    I would do most of that bull work with a bobcat.
    I helped a buddy build a small patio. First I took my tractor with a tiller on it ,busted to sod up then went in with the bobcat pulled out excess soil . Tractor hauled in buckets of sand got it level a bit .Whole thing took about 4 hours with my fat but sitting all the time. I hauled his excess dirt to my land when I took the bobcat & tractor back to my land. That's when I decided to one day build a dump box trailer.  I think now I have most of the parts to build one ......just not enough time to get it done.
    edited April 7 #612
    I had some help....

Only problem is it it doesn’t lay brick!
    Better than using a shovel ! You still have time to get a bobcat in there ! There will be a lot of sand to haul around. And they do rent a wacker attachment for those too.
    Laid 3500 pounds of sand, 759 bricks and a lot of sweat. All that is left is to finish sanding the top and a little cleanup.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    Nice!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Thanks, more than doubled the size of the brick patio, should be plenty of room for the fire pit now!
    Nice work there tim, now on to the next project ! ?
    Old Ron said:
    Nice work there tim, now on to the next project ! ?
    All is back to little stuff after this, a couple of clocks to finish up and maybe another fire pit (much smaller) that I was asked to make. Have to slow down on the heavy projects for a while, shoulder has been bothering me a lot, doctor telling me I’m not 18 anymore. I have some therapy scheduled this week, we’ll see.
    I am with you timc .......smaller projects seem to be a lot better idea lately.
    Spent a couple hours bent over polishing today & now I am paying for that bright idea.
    Old Ron said:
    I am with you timc .......smaller projects seem to be a lot better idea lately.
    Spent a couple hours bent over polishing today & now I am paying for that bright idea.
    I hear ya, been icing my back and shoulder for the last few days. I have a massage therapy appointment tomorrow morning, I’m hoping that starts helping. 
    Finished the patio today, waiting on dark to try it out. Patio looks kinda empty now.

I like to think that I am not getting old ........I just work a lot harder than I did when I was young !
    Just wait your wife will get that all decorated up. She will have you building planters & all sorts of things. You may be in for a busy summer.
    edited April 18 #622
    Old Ron said:
    I like to think that I am not getting old ........I just work a lot harder than I did when I was young !
    Just wait your wife will get that all decorated up. She will have you building planters & all sorts of things. You may be in for a busy summer.
    LOL, you’re right, she has already talked about putting a planter or two out there.
    LMAO .......that's women for ya. I have been single a long time but have never forgot the lessons that a relationship has burned into my brain.
    I took your lead in doing smaller things here. I am working on a stand for that steam whistle to display it. I want to make it with things I have on hand & not buy a thing. So it is a Easter egg hunt here now.
    edited April 19 #624
    Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

I'm taking a few days off of everything to let my shoulder heal up and enjoy the last few days of my vacation. Spent most of the day yesterday on my work laptop doing business related stuff but starting today it is beer drinking and watching the grass grow until Monday.
    timc said:

I'm taking a few days off of everything to let my shoulder heal up and enjoy the last few days of my vacation. Spent most of the day yesterday on my work laptop doing business related stuff but starting today it is beer drinking and watching the grass grow until Monday.
    Sounds like a good plan timc.
    I did manage to find a few peaces of 1/2 black plastic peaces to mount that on.
    I was wire wheeling the base of the whistle trying to get that black coating off. I should have put a mask on .......didn't  now am a little sick. Oh well if it doesn't kill me I will not do that again lol
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    The Freeench make some Fugly guns, cars and even tanks!

Funniest thing I ever saw was some French soldiers strutting around Bagram base in Afghanistan wearing Berets that were so big they would put Ned's hat to shame! Looked like they were bakers gettin ready to sling some dough in the air.......................

Very proud wearing them and they were in a special unit...........looked like you wouln't wanna mess with one of them, though. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    edited April 19 #627
    They do have some good lookin Mademoiselles  Sexy Girl Laughing animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Old Ron said:
    timc said:

Sounds like a good plan timc.
    I did manage to find a few peaces of 1/2 black plastic peaces to mount that on.
    I was wire wheeling the base of the whistle trying to get that black coating off. I should have put a mask on .......didn't  now am a little sick. Oh well if it doesn't kill me I will not do that again lol
    Wonder what I was,  ever know what old stuff was coated with. Hope you get over it quickly!
    The crap on that was really nasty dust. Didn't kill me so back to small projects. lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file