What's the weather like?

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 13,648 Senior Member
We're on our third straight day of snow.. currently falling at a rate of an inch an hour. The driveway has been plowed for the second time in two days.....the county trucks are running in convoys. Bird feeders are packed..
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    Cool and in the 60s..............will be in the 70s/80s as a high for next 7 days.................I'm ready fer Spring already :tooth: It dipped into the 30s a couple nights......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    Mid 50s. Supposed to stay that way till Friday, then to the 40s, back to 50s Saturday, chance of snow Saturday night, 50s again Sunday. Mother Nature is going through menopause here
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    30s overnight, 40s during the day, clear skies until Friday, when the rain comes back.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Cool and in the 60s..............will be in the 70s/80s as a high for next 7 days.................I'm ready fer Spring already :tooth: It dipped into the 30s a couple nights......................

:that:

What BC said. I've been having to bring my new Henna plant indoors at nite - they don't like weather colder than 50.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    It was in the mid 20s this morning and has warmed up to a blistering 42° now. And the wind is going about 15-20 mph and the humidity is high. In other words, it sucks hind teat on a boar hog if you want to do something outside. I'm tired of winter and it isn't even officially winter yet.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,587 Senior Member
    Been in the 50's for highs the last few days. Tomorrow up to near 70 so I'm off to the golf course!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,077 Senior Member
    Nighttime lows are upper 30s to lower 40s. Daytime highs in the upper 60s
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,648 Senior Member
    It's as warm as it's going to get today....17 degrees....this Lake Effect snow is amazing and a pain in the ass all at the same time....

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Snow on the ground, highs in mid 20s, lows low teens, more snow tonight...
    Support your local Scouts!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,784 Senior Member
    Sunny and warm - beautiful day, actually.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    Nighttime lows are 30s to lower 40s. Daytime highs in the 50s

We got our ~3" of snow last Friday, and it's already gone :applause:

But then, due to la nina, it's supposed to be a warm, dry winter here.

Someone apparently forgot to let mother nature in on it though. We've had more days of "below average" temps than "average" and above
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,161 Senior Member
    Sunny but 30s and breezy. Going down to the 20s tonight.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,479 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    It's as warm as it's going to get today....17 degrees....this Lake Effect snow is amazing and a pain in the ass all at the same time....

Did you buy any snowmobiles yet?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,812 Senior Member
    Snow here. I am firing up the snowmobiles tomorrow.
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Did you buy any snowmobiles yet?

Nope.....We have snowshoes if we have to go anywhere...besides, I'm saving for another (smaller) drift boat....
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 947 Senior Member
    Right now it's in the mid 20's and spitting snow. Depending on who you want to believe, we may get a coating to 2" tonight. It's just a nasty ole evening out there.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,359 Senior Member
    Daytime temps are in the mid to high 20's ( 75-85f roughly).
    Night time temps vary between 17 and 22 celsius........(62 to 71f)

Just finished spraying the orchids. Temp in the orchid house was 38c (100f) when I started ............looked at the temp when I finished and it was nudging 44c
    (about 110+) . Considering I was wearing a full sealed spray suit and full helmet with recirculating respirator, and that when I finished my shorts and t-shirt were drenched from having to drag 100m of reinforced high pressure hose up and down the aisles the temp in the suit was probably over 50c ( about 125-130.)

In the end I left the washdown shower running on full cold and stopped every 2-3 minutes to stand under it and drop the temp in the suit.

Would have killed for some snow to roll in when I finished.......So stop your complaining you lucky bar stewards!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,254 Senior Member
    14F this morning, 23F now with about 2 in of snow. Supposed to get 1-3, or 2-4, or 1-6...... we are going to get a little snow.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    Tonight mid forties, tomorrow 70f... perfect
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    I will leave it at it's a little nipple out lol. 21 degrees but dropping quickly here in the Garden State.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,010 Senior Member
    Strangest winter I've seen here. Mid-December and we haven't had 3" of snow in total yet. Dry as a bone.

Just today, the check-out girl at the Safeway by my house asked me if I knew what was happening to the seals, penguins, polar bears, and Arctic foxes. I told her no, I hadn't , but that I'd never seen any of them in Colorado Springs regardless of weather.

"See...global warming is happening" was her reply.

How in hell do you reply that?

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,292 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Mid 50s. Supposed to stay that way till Friday, then to the 40s, back to 50s Saturday, chance of snow Saturday night, 50s again Sunday. Mother Nature is going through menopause here

Pretty close to our weather.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Seven day forecast for here is high 20s to low 30s at night and mid 40s to mid 50s during the day. Supposed to be a fair chance of rain on Sunday(50%) and Monday (30%). We're below normal temps for this time of year, like Knitepoet said. La Nina is pitchin' a conniption fit, or something like one. :roll2:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Holy crap! My plow guy just showed up...AGAIN! And it's still snowing.....supposed to let up about midnight....
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,092 Senior Member
    We are seeing abnormally warm weather. It's 32°F and only a 0.5" snow on the ground. Lows in the mid 20's.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    Linefinder wrote: »

Mike
    With a double face palm
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,470 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    Strangest winter I've seen here. Mid-December and we haven't had 3" of snow in total yet. Dry as a bone.

Just today, the check-out girl at the Safeway by my house asked me if I knew what was happening to the seals, penguins, polar bears, and Arctic foxes. I told her no, I hadn't , but that I'd never seen any of them in Colorado Springs regardless of weather.

"See...global warming is happening" was her reply.

Mike

I think I would have to asked her not to have children ........a lot of stupid is learned !
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I will leave it at it's a little nipple out lol.
    A Freudian (nip) slip??

• SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    A Freudian (nip) slip??

No nip slip here fella lol
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
    SIGgal wrote: »
    No nip slip here fella lol

:rotflmao:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file