What's the weather like?

Replies

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,413 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Between last night and now it's rained 3" and still coming down slow. Supposed to stop tomorrow sometime. Things are getting a bit soggy around the farm. Got water puddles in the yard, and the creek is getting a bit full.

According to a local tv station here, you've got more.coming tomorrow and Saturday.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Weather sucks here today:p
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    According to a local tv station here, you've got more.coming tomorrow and Saturday.

Yeah. And dry out a little Sunday, and a 40s-something Monday for Christmas day.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,475 Senior Member
    Cloudy here but we did miss the ice & snow yesterday.
    That was just fine with me.
    Good day to stay in ( if I can ) & get some work done on projects.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,413 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Yeah. And dry out a little Sunday, and a 40s-something Monday for Christmas day.

Supposed to get up to 70 today, then down to the 30's tomorrow night. Sunday and Monday like you
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,850 Senior Member
    Yesterday it was nearly 65 degrees. Right now it’s 48 and windy and not supposed to warm up much more. They’re saying it’ll be back to mid 60s to 70 by Christmas.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    We're having cool, wet weather in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area today. Light rain, overcast and temps in the 40s.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,648 Senior Member
    Temps dropping again....about 28 and falling....spitting snow....going to be a frosty freaking Christmas....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight. I may actually get to deer hunt with snow on the ground.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    It's cold.

No wait, it's hot.

No, now it's definitely cold. Now it's raining.

Oops, now it's 75 degrees again.

For reference, my "cold" is in the 40s. Add humidity to that, and it's even worse.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    It's cold.

No wait, it's hot.

No, now it's definitely cold. Now it's raining.

Oops, now it's 75 degrees again.

For reference, my "cold" is in the 40s. Add humidity to that, and it's even worse.

You here in Eastern NC :jester:
    I have a need for speed
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    We're having cool, wet weather in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area today. Light rain, overcast and temps in the 40s.

I typed too soon. That light rain just turned into heavy rain. Glad I'm not out in it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Rain here. Supposed to be changing to snow. I need to get the four wheeler fired up.
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member
    Snowing just east of St. Louis, should have brought a bow. IL should let folks hunt over holiday weekends, with firearms.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Snowing just east of St. Louis, should have brought a bow. IL should let folks hunt over holiday weekends, with firearms.

Our alternative method season opened yesterday and runs through the first. muzzle loaders , and centerfire handguns.
    Zee
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 417 Member
    About 40° now, much colder at night, near zero or just below. We bought this place in 2007 and this is the first year we haven't had a white Christmas! Denver got about 7 inches yesterday and it was snowing in the springs this morning. The Sangre de Christo mountains are between us and them, so nothing here. We do have a little snow in the shady places left over from a week ago, and snow on the mountain tops down to about 9k'. We're at 7500'.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
    Made it up to 41° here today. Humid, windy, and cold outside. Supposed to be down to 28° in the morning with a high of 40° according to the weather prognosticator in Chattanooga. It will be colder here, I bet, since I'm halfway between there and Knoxville.

Anybody know when hibernation officially starts? I think sleeping until April would be a good idea! :tooth:

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,491 Senior Member
    We're just getting over a ferocious cold front - daytime highs dropped in the low 60s and even the 50s, nighttime lows hit bottom at 28 degrees. Today in the low 70s, Christmas Day will be 76-78 depending on which "meteorologist" you listen to. Anyway, thank God for a return to climatic sanity.

After several days in the 50s, enough is enough, I'm ready for spring. It's supposed to be that one of the benefits of living in a resort community is you get to live in a resort community.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    West Portland, snow and ice, 32 F. Merry Christmas!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,814 Senior Member
    17 degrees and it snowed yesterday. It should snow today too-- a nice white Christmas!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    It is a chilly 66 F early this Christmas morning. Once the sun comes up, it will get up to mid 80s, were going to the beach for ice cream this afternoon.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,475 Senior Member
    It is 4 here now with the high getting to 14 30mph wind getting wind chill to -23 some blowing & drifting snow.
    After lunch at dad's I will hunker down here & play with projects. ( and throw some extra wood in ! )
    26° this morning. NO SNOW! YEE HAW! It was windy all night so no frost to speak of either.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Our alternative method season opened yesterday and runs through the first. muzzle loaders , and centerfire handguns.
    I wish, we would be eating venison today.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Winter will be here with a vengeance next week.

Plus the worst part, we had a thunder storm yesterday and that is not good in these parts.
    And the forecast is playing true to the legend; we are to have snow next Fri.
    I have a need for speed
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,850 Senior Member
    It was 23 degrees on my front porch at sunrise. Supposed to be 70 today. Gotta love a near 50 degree temperature swing in 7 hours.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,785 Senior Member
    36 degrees, 15 mph wind, and sunny at 10:30 AM. Not bad.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,360 Senior Member
    We are suffering from a drought over here. Havent had any rain since the beginning of October................so I open this thread last night to see what you guys have got.
    10 minutes later the temp drops from 27deg celsius down to 19.
    This morning I got to sleep in till 6am, got up to have a light breakfast ( 2 mugs of coffee and a cigarette) and just poured the second mug when the heavens opened and the rain started.................

I should never have opened this thread! Got the rest of the week off and had planned a whole bunch of things to do like spotlighting possums, carrying out a bird cull, go chase some deer, spend some time at the range with the Tx3 243.

Forecast for the next 5 days varies from showers and light rain to thunderstorms and torrential rain. Might as well go back to work. At least the farmers will be happy.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    COLD and clear here today.
    We had highs near 70° a few days ago and it's not supposed to get out of the 40s today.

I may fire up my smoker and cold smoke the 10# of cheddar (5# sharp, and 5# mild) today.
    I've learned that 60° is about as warm as it can be without me having to add a pan of ice to keep the smoker below 90.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Looks like the high today was just after midnight at 39°(I was watching a movie that ended at 01:10 last night). It was 26° this morning at 08:00 and finally crawled up to 32° at 15:00. Hibernation is beginning to look good as the extended forecast for the next 7 days isn't any better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file