Nikki Haley

1356

Comments

  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,917 Senior Member
    The USA isn't the only country in the world with a "swamp" running the show. The entitled swamp critters are cut from the same bolt of cloth worldwide, sort of like the pigs in "Animal Farm"- - - - - -"Some animals are more equal than others"- - - - -but they all squeal the same high-pitched tune when they get their testicles removed!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,357 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    - -but they all squeal the same high-pitched tune when they get their testicles removed!
    Jerry

    Now THAT brings back memories of the farm up the road from my childhood home at pig gelding time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,324 Senior Member
    We don't. We make up ~25% of total global gdp and pay about 25% for the UN between their regular budget and peace keeping efforts. See exact numbers above.

    So, because we are worth more, we should pay more?

    Kind of like because I am better educated, work harder, make better decisions, so became more wealthy, I should share my wealth with the poor?

    Where have we heard that before?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,792 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    So, because we are worth more, we should pay more?

    Kind of like because I am better educated, work harder, make better decisions, so became more wealthy, I should share my wealth with the poor?

    Where have we heard that before?

    I don't know maybe the Bible?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,333 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    Quotes?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,324 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    You really went there?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,686 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    You really went there?

    Yeah. Kinda what I was thinking. Got a chuckle, actually.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,324 Senior Member
    BTW the USA is ranked 12th when it comes to wealth of a nation. However we pay the most into it

    Pres. Trump and Ms. Haley are spot on with this one. I didn't do the math, but even with this cut, I believe we still pay the most, especially when you count what hosting costs.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,959 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    You would be wrong. The premise to help others is there but it would require your usual spin to justify the percentage that the US pays to the UN. You claim to be an atheist to begin with and you actually try and use the Bible to back up your bs? You'll stoop to anything to keep an argument going.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,050 Senior Member
    We don't. We make up ~25% of total global gdp and pay about 25% for the UN between their regular budget and peace keeping efforts. See exact numbers above.
    Yes we are funding an organization to the tune of 25% of it's budget and we have just about ZERO control over what it does with the money.

    In the corporate world if you own 25% of the stock of a corporation you are most likely the controlling vote for just about ANYTHING that happens. But NO, we share equal footing with Nigeria, Syria, Iraq...

    Total BS arrangement...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,496 Senior Member
    We don't. We make up ~25% of total global gdp and pay about 25% for the UN between their regular budget and peace keeping efforts. See exact numbers above.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yes we are funding an organization to the tune of 25% of it's budget and we have just about ZERO control over what it does with the money.

    In the corporate world if you own 25% of the stock of a corporation you are most likely the controlling vote for just about ANYTHING that happens. But NO, we share equal footing with Nigeria, Syria, Iraq...

    Total BS arrangement...

    I find it funny that Alpha is all for democracy and doesn't see the huge gaping hole in his logic. Democracy is one man, one vote. UN is one vote per country. And since he is also a sorta kinda leaning towards collectivist kind of political thinking then it would follow that the UN members would pay an equal percentage of the budget. 193 nations should each pay 1/193 fraction of the budget. That right there would get the spending down to a correct level, or make the freeloaders pick up their 'stuff' and 'git'.

    Wambli's analogy follows what I just wrote. If we're paying 25% then we should have the controlling vote on how that money is spent, as in a veto power on any and all spending, period.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.



  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,703 Senior Member
    First of all I want to say, all Demonrats, I mean Dummy craps, Scuse meeee I mean Democrats, who dont want a tax cut should voluntarily give a $10,000 donation to the country to help fund social programs the tax cuts might take away from.

    But cutting to the real meaning of the thread, It's about time somebody had the balls to call their bluff. The UN has been taking advantage of the people of this country since its inception after WWII. Things have evolved to the point the US gets to give the lion's share of the money and has the least stroke in the organization. The scumbags of the world are no different than the Democratic party in that they figure because the U.S. is a highly successful country we should foot it's bill. Well Screw 'em. This is why we elected Trump. Wake up people! This is what Trump's about and why the left hates him so bad, well that along with the fact that he beat their heroin Hillary, an act that seems they will never forgive us for.

    (The rant continues) We are tired of funding everybodies party and being told to keep our mouth's shut and eat poo! We cannot afford to let the lefts rhetoric and BS, well their rhetoric is strictly BS, rule us and keep us quietly in the corner. This is the time to stand up and be counted and fight back. The path they will put us on will be our ruination. If we want to keep this great country great, we need to keep a lid on their marxist ideas and plots. The U.N. is a giant marxist dirt bed that can take this country down if we don't fight back. Nikky Hayley and Donald Trump are our future hope. We need to stand by them.
    (Rant not over, just on hold.)
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,703 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    Putting this in a Proper Context, I doubt it would be the Bible.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,298 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    Pretty ironic for an atheist to bring that up. I think the bible also says something like "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day....teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,686 Senior Member
    I think the bible also says something like "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day....teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."

    It's right before "cleanliness is next to Godliness."
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,298 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    First of all I want to say, all Demonrats, I mean Dummy craps, Scuse meeee I mean Democrats.............

    You had it right in the first two choices.....LOL
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,333 Senior Member
    "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" is a statement from Karl Marx. The thing about Marxism is it replaces charity with laws, and we don't get from each his ability nor do we get to each his need. It's a flawed system.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,792 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yes we are funding an organization to the tune of 25% of it's budget and we have just about ZERO control over what it does with the money.

    In the corporate world if you own 25% of the stock of a corporation you are most likely the controlling vote for just about ANYTHING that happens. But NO, we share equal footing with Nigeria, Syria, Iraq...

    Total BS arrangement...
    Um. Veto power in the security council? Seems like a fairly large special privilege. Also we do get lots of other control. We just don't get total control. Just like a large minority shareholder does. 25% is less than 50% so like in the corporate world if you're a minority shareholder and the rest of the shareholders don't agree with what you want, you don't get it.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,298 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    It's right before "cleanliness is next to Godliness."

    Ehhh, that was a mistake. The quote I made is actually a Chinese proverb, but is still applicable anyway.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,686 Senior Member
    Ehhh, that was a mistake. The quote I made is actually a Chinese proverb, but is still applicable anyway.

    Yeah. I know. Hence my statement that also isn't in the Bible. ;-)
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,959 Senior Member
    Um. Veto power in the security council? Seems like a fairly large special privilege. Also we do get lots of other control. We just don't get total control. Just like a large minority shareholder does. 25% is less than 50% so like in the corporate world if you're a minority shareholder and the rest of the shareholders don't agree with what you want, you don't get it.

    Many poor countries pay much less than their formulated dues and many countries are in arrears for substantial amounts of their dues and yet their voice and vote is the same as that of the US. I'm sure that you can research the reason that the UN was formed in 1945 and it wasn't for the US to dole out huge amounts of financial aid to countries that hate us but want to dictate our actions. President Trump's advisors convinced him not to pull the US out of the UN but the USA needs to determine how much we'll contribute to the UN and not have that percentage assigned to us. The UN should be hosted by a poor third world country so that their economy can be boosted as many liberals claim it does for the US.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,580 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    The UN should be hosted by a poor third world country so that their economy can be boosted as many liberals claim it does for the US.
    :agree: :that: :applause:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,298 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yeah. I know. Hence my statement that also isn't in the Bible. ;-)

    My first instinct was to take your statement as fact.....THEN I realized you have a serious penchant for sarcasm, so I decided to google the quote. Thanks for the slap upside the head....:jester:
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,686 Senior Member
    My first instinct was to take your statement as fact.....THEN I realized you have a serious penchant for sarcasm, so I decided to google the quote. Thanks for the slap upside the head....:jester:

    In all fairness I had to google your quote as well. :tooth:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,496 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Many poor countries pay much less than their formulated dues and many countries are in arrears for substantial amounts of their dues and yet their voice and vote is the same as that of the US. I'm sure that you can research the reason that the UN was formed in 1945 and it wasn't for the US to dole out huge amounts of financial aid to countries that hate us but want to dictate our actions. President Trump's advisors convinced him not to pull the US out of the UN but the USA needs to determine how much we'll contribute to the UN and not have that percentage assigned to us. The UN should be hosted by a poor third world country so that their economy can be boosted as many liberals claim it does for the US.

    Along with what he said, make voting contingent on not being in arrears on dues. Not paid up; no vote. Call it a poll tax! :roll2:
    And the part about a third world country hosting the UN is right on the money. I think Somalia would be an ideal location.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.



  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,050 Senior Member
    Um. Veto power in the security council? Seems like a fairly large special privilege. Also we do get lots of other control. We just don't get total control. Just like a large minority shareholder does. 25% is less than 50% so like in the corporate world if you're a minority shareholder and the rest of the shareholders don't agree with what you want, you don't get it.
    Veto power? So does China, the U.K. and France :roll:
    Is that worth the money we pay? What’s France’s share?

    I did not say a 25% is a majority but anyone that holds 25% of the stock of a corporation swings a lot of weight. At the UN we swing nothing. Actually we are paying a lot of money to listen to pissants berate us and tell us how to live. Piss on them all...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,917 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I think Somalia would be an ideal location.

    Yep, since Al Capp's Lower Slobbovia doesn't actually exist, Somalia is a close second!

    il_fullxfull.706351315_29bs.jpg
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,242 Senior Member
    Many countries are never going to like us and that is OK but they need to respect us, something many of them don't. This step might begin to work on that. I don't know much about Nikki Haley but I doubt she came up with this policy on her own and I suspect Trump at the least had to OK it.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,278 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Many poor countries pay much less than their formulated dues and many countries are in arrears for substantial amounts of their dues and yet their voice and vote is the same as that of the US. I'm sure that you can research the reason that the UN was formed in 1945 and it wasn't for the US to dole out huge amounts of financial aid to countries that hate us but want to dictate our actions. President Trump's advisors convinced him not to pull the US out of the UN but the USA needs to determine how much we'll contribute to the UN and not have that percentage assigned to us. The UN should be hosted by a poor third world country so that their economy can be boosted as many liberals claim it does for the US.
    I think Kabul would be a suitable location for UN headquarters.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,496 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    I think Kabul would be a suitable location for UN headquarters.

    That WOULD give the terrorists something to draw them in to receive their individual and group Aloha Snack Bars. Sounds good to me!
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.



Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file