Movie Quote Game

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,169 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    “The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn’t fit, you make alterations.”

Sounds like Silverado.

Here's another less classic western:

"... Why don't you put me to work?"

"Oh no, I couldn't ask you to, uh... Well, I mean, ya know, maybe if there was somethin' spiritual."

"Well, that Spirit ain't worth spit without a little exercise."
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,178 Senior Member
    Pale Rider, Eastwood’s remake of Shane.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Pale Rider, Eastwood’s remake of Shane.

Yep. That's what makes it less classic.............:jester:

Here's a 2011 release you might have heard of:

"Whomever slays the most men, drinks for free."

"I'll take the 300 on the left, you take the 300 on the right."

"But if we divide them evenly, who will buy tonight's drinks?"

"We believe what we want to believe."

"We're going to need more holy water."
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    Here's a western I hope everyone has heard of:

"____________, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."

"What does that mean, in-famous?"

"Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,976 Senior Member
    A classic:

"Oh, stewardess! I speak jive."
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,075 Senior Member
    Spk wrote: »
    Here's a western I hope everyone has heard of:

"____________, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."

"What does that mean, in-famous?"

"Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous."

The Three Amigos with Chevy Chase, Steve Martin and Martin Short.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,075 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    A classic:

"Oh, stewardess! I speak jive."

Airplane. I think that Barbara Billingsley, Beaver Mathis' TV mom, spoke that line.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Another classic: "Sixty-Nine dude!"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    “Draw.”
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    “Draw.”
    Back to the Future III

Not what I had in mind. Think ‘70s Sci-fi industrial paranoia.

NRA Endowment Member
    Back to the Future III

BattleStar Galactica did an episode just like it when Apollo has to face down a Cylon Gunslinger on a planet that is "Western-ish" except the inhabitants only have airguns called pnuemos. That is, untill Apollo shows up. -- The Lost Warrior episode.
    Before that.

NRA Endowment Member
    Before that.

I was comparing the Battlestar Galactica episode The Lost Warrior to the movie WestWorld (1973).
    I forgot to leave a quote so here goes:

"Why is the United States waging this ruthless war in Vietnam?"

"Foreign policy decisions are not made by the military. A soldier goes where he is told to go, and fight whom is told to fight."
    And one more, both are war movies:

"I'm tellin' ya, Animal, these Nazis ain't kosher."

"Ya can say that again!"

"I'm tellin' ya, Animal, these Nazis ain't kosher!"

"I said ya can say it again, that doesn't mean ya hafta repeat it!"
    Threefer:

“Who would claim to be that, who was not, eh?”
    ——————
    “We sail into history!”
    ——————
    “You carry a badge?” (“Uh-huh.”) “Good, carry a gun.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Threefer:

——————
    “We sail into history!”
    ——————

I remember this one. Sean Connery as Capt. Ramius in The Hunt for Red October.
    Threefer:

“Who would claim to be that, who was not, eh?”
    ——————

——————

This, I suspect, is Sean Connery as Malone in The Untouchables.

Hmmm.......
    Threefer:

——————

——————
    “You carry a badge?” (“Uh-huh.”) “Good, carry a gun.”

Also The Untouchables?

When Malone meets Wallace, right?
    For your sneakiness here's your Daily Double. In what two recent movies does this same line appear in?

"I know who I am! I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude."
    I recognize it, but don’t recall off the top of my head...

NRA Endowment Member
    Another classic: "Sixty-Nine dude!"

This was one of the last movies I saw in a theater -- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
    :cool2:

Another classic:

"Great Scott!"
    Back to the Future

”Tell him about the Twinkie.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:
    Back to the Future

”Tell him about the Twinkie.”
    Classic Ghostbusters!

Next:

"You Blockhead!"
    And one more:

"I don't know how to be a wife. I'm only 13.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Well, if I'm going to hell, I'm going there playing the piano."

The last one is from that Dennis Quaid flick about Jerry Lee Lewis.

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said: The last one is from that Dennis Quaid flick about Jerry Lee Lewis.

Yep. Great Balls of Fire

With Dennis Quaid and Winona Ryder.

Here's another:

"Hey Doolittle Lynn, who's that sow you got wallowin' in your jeep."

------ "What'd you call me?"

"A sow, that's a woman pig."

Forgot to post this one also:

"I swear I won't kill anyone."

"Come with me if you want to live."

The first was Terminator 2; the second was in every Terminator movie, methinks.

NRA Endowment Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file