I found something too.

WeatherbyWeatherby Senior MemberPosts: 4,349 Senior Member
I saw this many months ago, had to be 4-6 months, at an odd far away gun shop.
I was "hunting"....gun hunting.... and saw 3 presentation cases those are the wooden boxes some S&W's used to have with them.
The guns must have just come in as they were just set aside so I asked about the cases.
I tried to get prices on the guns one in particular and the owner wouldn't give me one.

Saturday a buddy and I went back out that way.
The " one" I wanted......The odd duck was still there.

It's a 25-2 which is 45 ACP but has a pretty rare factory red post front sight.
Going to have to move some items to pay for it as the timing sucked but it's not always an easy game.

IMG_20180106_190043802_zpsxxohuwlz.jpg

IMG_20180106_190136489_zpsc8fea3xd.jpg

Comments

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,878 Senior Member
    You make it rather hard to like you.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,979 Senior Member
    Dang... that’s nice!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,139 Senior Member
    Beauty!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,681 Senior Member
    I'm thinking that there must not be very many gun nuts where you live. Down here, something like that never makes it to the display for walk-in customers, before someone snaps it up. Sometimes, I will get a call from someone about a great old gun, but there are nearly always enough bidders to keep the price beyond my resources. Maybe I'm just too cheap.

That is a beauty, and .45 to boot. :yousuck:
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member
    I think you need to change your screen name to Smithhound!!:worthy: You sure sniff out the cool old stuff. Very great find!!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    You make it rather hard to like you.

My best friend says that a lot also......I think it's true.
    bisley wrote: »
    I'm thinking that there must not be very many gun nuts where you live. Down here, something like that never makes it to the display for walk-in customers, before someone snaps it up. Sometimes, I will get a call from someone about a great old gun, but there are nearly always enough bidders to keep the price beyond my resources. Maybe I'm just too cheap.

That is a beauty, and .45 to boot. :yousuck:

This is a weird place Bisley only open about 10 hours a week and they had more Smith's than I've seen in a long long time.
    This was the one I wanted though.
    I'm cheap also but this one was undervalued by them.
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I think you need to change your screen name to Smithhound!!:worthy: You sure sniff out the cool old stuff. Very great find!!

Thanks Al I did get into the Smith stuff but even around here it has been slow.
    I was surprised to see this in the case.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 18,968 Senior Member
    You’ve finally done it.

You found a Smith I hate you for.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee wrote: »
    You’ve finally done it.

You found a Smith I hate you for.

Well it's certainly cost me enough to do so.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Between that front sight and the prestine finish, I think you found it!:drool:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,104 Senior Member
    Damn!!! :love:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Damn!!! :love:

Goes well with it's older shorter Oreo brother too

IMG_20180106_182605433_zpszudlnzta.jpg
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    Gorgeous :love:

You SUCK!!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,190 Senior Member
    Nice find :guns: :guns:

A manager in a Walmart in Lawton OK/Fort Sill offered me two model 25s...........one a .45 Colt and one a .45 ACP both fer $500 and I turned it down..................I was looking for a .44 Magnum, that's what I wanted at the time and nothing else would do. I was flush with cash at the time too..........just got a reenlistment bonus...........oh well chalk it up to guns I now wish I'd have bought, but didn't..........kickin myself in the arse today category. Was over 30 years ago, but still...........
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I did have enough sense to buy that model 624 .44 Spl with a 6 1/2" bbl (the one NN likes so much to shoot) later on out in Duncan OK.............nobody wanted it because it wasn't a magnum. I had my .44 Magnum by them.......well I bought two, first one was a No-Go for me Ruger Super Blackhawk I sold..........second was a Redhawk........ a Keeper, I later sold to a close friend and wish I never did.

I miss my Redhawk ..............but wouldn't trade my 629s fer one, but if the price is right, I'd jump on another Brute.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Luckily Chief I only have short term memory and legs to match or I'd be sore also.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,387 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Goes well with it's older shorter Oreo brother too

IMG_20180106_182605433_zpszudlnzta.jpg

Yea, rub it in! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Luckily Chief I only have short term memory and legs to match or I'd be sore also.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and most all of us have had gun deals we now wish we would have done and guns we wish we never sold. Tastes change over time. What was 'Hot' at the time and appealed to us may or may not be the same these days. Unfortunately many guns I thought would be in abundance later on, I passed on or sold are not and if they are, many sell for an arm and leg these days.

Sometimes circumstances beyond our control played a part.......... money (lack of it) and/or wife and kids (came first) wanting a roof over their heads and clothes on their backs.............you name it, part of life.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 2,965 Senior Member
    Sweet find! I'd say I hate you but it's really just severe jealousy and or envy:drool2:
    So, whatcha going to be "moving":jester:

Sako
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,387 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and most all of us have had gun deals we now wish we would have done and guns we wish we never sold. Tastes change over time. What was 'Hot' at the time and appealed to us may or may not be the same these days. Unfortunately many guns I thought would be in abundance later on, I passed on or sold are not and if they are, many sell for an arm and leg these days.

Sometimes circumstances beyond our control played a part.......... money (lack of it) and/or wife and kids (came first) wanting a roof over their heads and clothes on their backs.............you name it, part of life.

Yep. I had a chance to purchase not one, but TWO antique Victrolas for $60/ea about 35 years ago. They were beautiful, MOP inlay in the horns, one was red the other blue. Where the HELL was my head? Been kicking myself over that one ever since! That was a very good price even then, could have easily re-sold one to fund the entire purchase... :angry:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,548 Senior Member
    Yyyeeaaaahhh.....going to have to hate you now.....the last of my grail guns....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,710 Senior Member
    Weatherby, sometimes I don't know if even YOU realize what you've got! You have a prize collection of beautiful Blue and Walnut S&Ws. They never made a bad one or an ugly one. And that Model 25 is crowning prize among Crowned Prizes.

Oh yeah, and BTW, I DO NOT Hate you for this. I envy you some what but don't hate you. However, you DO Realize there IS a very fine line between Hate and Envy!

:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,158 Senior Member
    Beautiful! Can I have it?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Beautiful! Can I have it?

If you like nickel long tubes he had a 57 and Either/both a 27-2 and 29-2 with cases.
    A bunch of pre war M&P's and a Nickel 15
    Oh and a pre 14

But not this one.... it's what I went back hoping was there.
    I do know how lucky/blessed I've been.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    That's a Beauty!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    sakodude wrote: »
    Sweet find! I'd say I hate you but it's really just severe jealousy and or envy:drool2:
    So, whatcha going to be "moving":jester:

Sako

Probably a 28 that is too good for me and my uses and a set of Coke's.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,650 Senior Member
    Very nice
    My new Signature
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,375 Senior Member
    You need to tune that gun detector to the bear detector setting, for Science!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file