300 Blackout SBR for under $500?

JayJay Senior MemberPosts: 2,850 Senior Member
Just throwing this out there...

Complete lower with Magpul CTR stock.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-lower-magpul-ctr-with-moe-grip-fde-no-magazine-516445237.html

Plus complete 8.5" barrel upper with BCG
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-pistol-length-300aac-blackout-1-7-nitride-7-m-lok-railed-upper-with-bcg-ch-516446485.html

$440 for the complete gun, less magazines. Add $200 for a form 1 and still under $700 for an SBR.

Brainstorming out loud.... :jester:

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,094 Senior Member
    Just buy an "arm stabilizing brace" and save the hassle, the wait, the BS, and $200 dollars.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,850 Senior Member
    True. Does save the hassle, for sure. But, really only saves $50-$100 after you factor in the cost of the brace. For those who would like a real adjustable stock, the extra $50-$100 might be worth it.... The hassel and waiting time, maybe not.

Besides, for $640 including the stamp, not a bad deal for a "real" SBR.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,077 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Just buy an "arm stabilizing brace" and save the hassle, the wait, the BS, and $200 dollars.

put a $2 cane tip on the end of the buffer tube and be done with it.

Plus, with an SBR you have to ask Mommy may I to cross state lines.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    Just make sure you have a pistol lower around until you get your stamp.

Supposedly they can get you with "Intent to build" if you have a <16" barrelled upper, and no pistol or registered lower to put it on (but have rifle lowers)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    Just make sure you have a pistol lower around until you get your stamp.

Supposedly they can get you with "Intent to build" if you have a <16" barrelled upper, and no pistol or registered lower to put it on (but have rifle lowers)

Right. I happen to have a lower receiver in the safe right now for that purpose. I personally am probably not going to do it right now anyway, but the idea of it I find interesting, in any case.
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    put a $2 cane tip on the end of the buffer tube and be done with it.

Plus, with an SBR you have to ask Mommy may I to cross state lines.

THAT, is one of the big drawbacks where I am, right on the Texas/New Mexico state line. You can cross the state line several times in a 10 minute trip. It really wouldn't be an issue for me personally, but I can see how it could for some people.

As far as the "arm brace" or "just stick something on it" thing, that's all well and good if that's what someone wants to do. But I know ya'll realize, it's still just an AR pistol. Sticking something on it doesn't make it an SBR. Of course going that route saves a lot of time and hassle and some expense. But there are those who might want to have a LEGAL SBR with a real, collapsible stock and LEGALLLY be able to shoulder and fire their gun comfortably.

I'm still not exactly sure how having the upper with no lower to put it on can be labeled as "intent to build," but adding junk to a buffer tube doesn't constitute intent... :uhm:

IOW - We know that there are LOTS of lurkers on this forum at any given time. Careful what we allude to....
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,094 Senior Member
    Shouldering a pistol isn't verboten.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,072 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »

Thats what I run on my two AR Pistols.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    cpj wrote: »
    Shouldering a pistol isn't verboten.

Right. I was talking about comfortability when shouldering using whatever is on the gun for the purpose of shouldering it. If I want an adjustable stock, comfort options, more to choose from, the only legal way is SBR. Not the legality of shouldering a pistol. All that basically to clarify, we’re talking about 2 different things. Going off on the AR pistol tangent in an SBR thread. I get the point. Just to be clear, they are two different things. Regardless of the purpose of the “arm brace” stuff and what they are used for.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file