Kommifornia's Interstate Commerce Violation...

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,027 Senior Member
It would seem to be that Kommiefornia's latest ban on out of State ammo sales violates the Interstate Commerce Laws. Kind of wondering why that isn't being addressed.

Comments

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,172 Senior Member
    Laws only apply to free states!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,558 Senior Member
    Such a thing could be easily handled by the ammo manufacturers. All they'd have to do is refuse to ship ANY ammo to ANYONE in California, to include all local and state police. That would include ALL retail and wholesale ammunition suppliers in the state. Wanna make a pig squeal? Get them in the squeeze chute and apply an electric cattle prod to their butts.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,027 Senior Member
    I can see gun shows losing venders because ammo sales will be such a hassle. Total bulls...
    pjames777 wrote: »
    I can see gun shows losing venders because ammo sales will be such a hassle. Total bulls...

That's kinda the point of the law. The California legislature KNOWS they can't outright ban ALL firearms, so they choke off the ammunition for the firearms. They intend to leave you with expensive and ineffective clubs, while the legislature makes the laws NOT apply to them or the police. The end game is blatantly obvious.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,471 Senior Member
    It's time the entire firearms industry responded with one voice to California's oppression. Every company that manufactures guns or ammo in California has to get out - period - and right now. And no company that makes guns or ammo should sell their wares to any California police department. Yeah, some companies would take a hit, but so what? It's take a hit now or eventually be clobbered and knocked out later.

It's the same with cars. California emission standards are outrageous - far in excess of federal requirements. No auto manufacturer should comply, and no matter what it costs in the short run, no manufacturer should sell cars or even parts in California until the regs are rescinded. Same with gasoline. The refiners should refuse to comply with state-mandated winter and summer mixes. They should simply say, "this is our product, this is what we make, you can have regular, mid-range or premium, we add detergents, and that's it. If you don't want our gas, don't buy it, we'll sell it elsewhere." California would be compelled to repeal legislation virtually overnight. The refineries would lose nothing, their operations would be greatly simplified, and the cost to consumers would be lower as well.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of organized corporate non-compliance and resistance to government meddling in the marketplace. What America needs is a big, powerful, well-organized and thoroughly radicalized UNION - not of workers, but of producers. The corporations and professionals that provide society with all the goods and services it requires should be ready, willing and able to shut down the whole country whenever government interferes too far. The feds, states and cities should be forced to tread very, very lightly when contemplating any law or regulation affecting the ways, means or costs of doing business.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,384 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    ...but of producers. The corporations and professionals that provide society with all the goods and services it requires should be ready, willing and able to shut down the whole country whenever government interferes too far. The feds, states and cities should be forced to tread very, very lightly when contemplating any law or regulation affecting the ways, means or costs of doing business.

Its all in Ayn Rand...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,049 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Its all in Ayn Rand...

-shrug-

:jester:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 298 Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Such a thing could be easily handled by the ammo manufacturers. All they'd have to do is refuse to ship ANY ammo to ANYONE in California, to include all local and state police. That would include ALL retail and wholesale ammunition suppliers in the state. Wanna make a pig squeal? Get them in the squeeze chute and apply an electric cattle prod to their butts.
    And as soon as that happened a foreign supplier would let them know that they would be more than happy to ship directly to San Fran and LA ports, destined for police, sheriff and thug armies. Not saying it's a bad idea at all, we should anyway, but it would be largely symbolic.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,305 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

Not to change the subject, but this is what I love about country folk.....they know about stuff I never even heard of......:love: :roll2:
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,305 Senior Member
    Armoredman wrote: »
    And as soon as that happened a foreign supplier would let them know that they would be more than happy to ship directly to San Fran and LA ports, destined for police, sheriff and thug armies. Not saying it's a bad idea at all, we should anyway, but it would be largely symbolic.

I can't say for sure, but foreign sources may not be able to fill the quality requirements of a lot of the police and sheriff departments.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member
    I can't say for sure, but foreign sources may not be able to fill the quality requirements of a lot of the police and sheriff departments.

Not to mention the thug gangs!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,335 Senior Member
    While they are at it, get the lobbiests to get congress to pass a buy American act for Federal and LEO agencies.
    Isn't there something like that for Federal ammo purchases?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,179 Senior Member

Aguila is in Mexico so Moonbeam and his crew could just hire the illegals, drug runners, etc to transport ammo across the border ... he’d be able to say he created jobs, stimulated the economy and get even more illegals to vote for the liberals.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,918 Senior Member
    One 30 round mag of 7.62 hardball could solve the problem.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    And another item is added to the smugglers list of goods.
    Armoredman wrote: »

Just do what Billy Joe Ray Bob Clinton did back when he was prez and got the assault weapons ban passed. Stop the importation of foreign 'armor piercing ammunition' to include all foreign ammunition, and the importation of 'select' firearms. Batears Obama did something similar with foreign suppliers of ammunition and firearms when he was prez. It ain't rocket surgery if those two anus chapeaus figured it out!

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,172 Senior Member
    Fortunately Kalifornia isn't very wide, I can see ammo shops opening along the Arizona & Nevada border.
    In Florida we used to drive to the Georgia or Alabama border for fireworks for July 4th. Every gas station will become a ammo pit stop, cheaper ammo,cheaper gas. Throw in a good BBQ restaurant and you'l have
    a winner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file