Found a pic from a few years back

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 13,648 Senior Member

Set up a "buffalo hunt" for some photographers wanting a look at how it was done back in the day.....good day on the Refuge
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Thats a great pic!
    Is that the coat you was bragging on?
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,648 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Thats a great pic!
    Is that the coat you was bragging on?

Yep.....dry and warm is a good thing.....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    Cool pic :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    :cool2:
    I have a need for speed
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    They sure are big when your on the ground looking up at them.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,752 Senior Member
    Excellent picture caught at the perfect moment.

I got to see a dead bison getting skinned out at the processor in Montana this year. They had to break out the heavy chains to hoist that sucker. Impressive...
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Excellent picture caught at the perfect moment.

I got to see a dead bison getting skinned out at the processor in Montana this year. They had to break out the heavy chains to hoist that sucker. Impressive...

Back in the day, they used a mule or horse to pull the hide after they made the opening cuts and spiked the critters nose to the ground with an iron rod....
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,617 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    They sure are big when your on the ground looking up at them.

Ain't that the truth?

I did a road trip in 2015 that gave me three days in Yellowstone. Had a bull cross the road right in front of the car and I got a long look at him from about ten feet. Can you say "MUSCLES"? How anything can get that big and that ripped on nothing but prairie grass and testosterone is amazing to me. It's like their steroids are doing steroids.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Ain't that the truth?

I did a road trip in 2015 that gave me three days in Yellowstone. Had a bull cross the road right in front of the car and I got a long look at him from about ten feet. Can you say "MUSCLES"? How anything can get that big and that ripped on nothing but prairie grass and testosterone is amazing to me. It's like their steroids are doing steroids.

They really show off their strength when they pissed.....a couple of my old bulls getting into it over a cow...
    You can feel the impact when they hit....
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,100 Senior Member
    There's a small herd of them within a mile of my house. Big suckers, for sure.
    There use to be a handful of them in the field that bordered my childhood home. Tame as a dogs, those were. Used to feed them handfuls of grass. Same freaking grass they had on their side of the fence, but they liked the hand fed stuff better. Got a stern talking to when my dad found out I had crossed the fence to pet them. Being a dumbass kid (nothing's changed, I ain't giving you guys that softball) I hadn't a clue of the mudhole they could stomp me into.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Yep.....dry and warm is a good thing.....

Yep, most definitely, even down here, and up in the Great White North it's 10 times as important.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Ammo3Ammo3 New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    Cool photo :up:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file