SE Shoot 2018

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,498 Senior Member
I know it's early, but I was wondering if everybody booked their room early or something. I just booked mine because I saw there were only 3 rooms available for May 25th and 26th.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Comments

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,386 Senior Member
    Did you get a group rate?
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,796 Senior Member
    They have rooms. Those are only the ones that the motel owner has available through the corporate website. Corporate keeps a portion of those bookings for themselves. We can get a better rate if Jerry sets something up with the owner first. The new owner, Nick was a good guy-- last year's stay was very enjoyable.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    They have rooms. Those are only the ones that the motel owner has available through the corporate website. Corporate keeps a portion of those bookings for themselves. We can get a better rate if Jerry sets something up with the owner first. The new owner, Nick was a good guy-- last year's stay was very enjoyable.

They refurbed the rooms some, and was much better than before. The new restaurant is not bad either. I had a cheeseburger and fries the last night I was there and it was really good.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,657 Senior Member
    The room I was in was pretty darn nice as far as I was concerned. The owners seemed to be very interested in a "quality experience" as they asked for my feedback verbally upon checkout. Yea, the restaurant is decent too - oh, its not Jerm's cookin' and the server didn't have CPJ's pizazz, but 'twasn't bad at all.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,799 Senior Member
    Has Jerry, and more importantly, MARY, okayed this year's.

There seemed to be some doubt last year????
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,976 Senior Member
    Bring it on- - - - -we really enjoy everybody being here and we're honored that you make such an effort to show up year after year. Mary's chronic health issues haven't improved, so she can use all the help she can get, but be assured that all of you are welcome!

I'll be glad to negotiate a direct-booking rate if possible, just like before. The new management seems to be very cooperative along those lines.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Good deal :up:

I wasn't going to assume anything :beer
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,455 Senior Member
    made a reservation for the rate Mr. Jerry negotiated for us last year.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    made a reservation for the rate Mr. Jerry negotiated for us last year.

Is their phone number still 931-363-4501 ?
    Is their phone number still 931-363-4501 ?

yup, thats it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,043 Senior Member
    Since we broke the ice about the SE shoot, is it too early to talk about who's bringing, cooking, doing, shooting, what?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,650 Senior Member
    Just got my reservations...........Lords a willing and the Creek Injins don't rise, I'll be there.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I'll bring whatever is needed...........Cokes/water/gator/power-aid...........and/or anything else requested.

I'm sure we can get a better feel for what is needed as it gets closer.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Far as shootin...........a model 624 .44 Spl plenty of reloads for NN and all is first on the list..........new Buck Mark pistol with improved trigger. New Ruger AR MPR 556 and something different from last year besides those I brought then.

How about one of my Mosin Nagants with a Howling Raven muzzle brake that makes it a putty cat to shoot now?

I'll have to thunk on others. I'm open to requests.

And that awful lookin Nutcracker to turn into splinters.........maybe I'll throw in a brick of bulk .22 to the first one to hit it with an iron sighted handgun @ 100 yards...........or whatever we can come up with.
    Just to make sure I don't screw this up, the shoot itself is Saturday, 26 May, with everybody coming in (mostly) on Friday the 25th...

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Just don't go to Athens anywhere USA, not that anyone on here would do that.....AGAIN :jester:
    zorba wrote: »
    Just to make sure I don't screw this up, the shoot itself is Saturday, 26 May, with everybody coming in (mostly) on Friday the 25th...

Yep- - - -the Saturday before Memorial Day, and early arrivals will become "volunteers" (in the military sense of the word) to help set things up. Let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this year!
    Jerry
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Since we broke the ice about the SE shoot, is it too early to talk about who's bringing, cooking, doing, shooting, what?

Maybe we can get two stickies? One for who is coming, another for what bringing?
    Teach wrote: »
    Yep- - - -the Saturday before Memorial Day, and early arrivals will become "volunteers" (in the military sense of the word) to help set things up. Let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this year!
    Jerry

Thanx - I'm noticing as I get older, I can manage to confuse myself! I'll make rezzies tomorrow. Hoping the Saturday nite festivities don't get rained out! I'd ask one of my witchy friends for help with that, but her record in that regard isn't that great after having her outdoor birthday party get completely DELUGED a few years back after she had assured everyone that she had "an agreement with the Goddess" on the subject. I haven't let her forget THAT one...

Now I get to figure out what I'm bringing - prolly my BP pistols for sure, esp. since I have that nifty new steel target I can try hitting with the CVA Optima. I also have a NOS six shot .22 caliber pepperbox that I'll bring if I manage to get BP and #11 caps for it in the meantime. Always my CZ-75 (Don't leave home without it), and certainly this year I'll have to bring the $100 Gangsta gun just to annoy CPJ (and others) with. I have a stock to give to Big Al, I might even manage to remember to bring it!

Hey Tennmike. do you still want the 20 gauge shells i brought last year and lost in the car until we got home?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,912 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Hey Tennmike. do you still want the 20 gauge shells i brought last year and lost in the car until we got home?

Sure. We can shoot them at the shoot if you want to bust some clays. I got a new 20 ga. Mossberg pump that needs breaking in. :tooth:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,043 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    . Let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this year!Jerry

Last year was the first time in the seven or eight years that I've gone that rain was an issue. The year before last, I brought my 10x10 canopy that I got at Wally world for 80 bucks and if a few of us had brought some canopies, rain wouldn't have been as much of an issue. I'll be bringing mine this year. They would help on the range, at lunch, and at dinner around the campfire if it rains again.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,498 Senior Member
    Did you get a group rate?

I booked the room but haven't paid for it. They quoted me $50 as the group rate for people coming to the shoot. If that's more than Jerry's quote, will negotiate the point.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 313 Member
    How about a run down about the shoot I've been reading about it and think it would be fun to attend. When , Where , local hotels etc.
    gunner81 wrote: »
    How about a run down about the shoot I've been reading about it and think it would be fun to attend. When , Where , local hotels etc.

South Central Tennessee, Just off I-65. Hotel's at exit 14. Happens Memorial Day weekend.

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    I hope I can make it this year. 2018 is proving to be even busier than 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,050 Senior Member
    gunner81 wrote: »

Knitepoet gave you the run down on the where and when. Here's the what.
    Friday evening, eat too much, enjoy some colebeers and jackassery.
    Saturday morning, gather round for more jackassery, shoot more guns then you've ever seen at one place.
    Saturday noonish, eat till you're bloated.
    After lunch, more jackassery and shooting.
    Saturday evening, eat till you can't eat another bite, more adult beverages, more jackassery.
    Basically it's a couple days of eating and cutting up, with a bit of shooting mixed in. :tooth:
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,581 Senior Member
    It resembles a Star Trek convention for Gun Geeks!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    It resembles a Star Trek convention for Gun Geeks!!

Pretty much! I attended my 1st last year, had a "blast", and met lotsa good folks. Learned a LOT too - which was great. Folks share their knowledge freely, this tyro came away knowing a lot more than when I showed up!

That $50.00 rate sounds pretty good. If they're willing to do that, I doubt that an in-person visit would get it lowered much, if at all. I spend a lot of time traveling and staying in flea bag accomodations all over the southeast. A clean place right next to an interstate for under $75.00 a night for a single is just about unheard-of! Be sure to call direct- - - -don't rely on a website booking to get that price.
    Jerry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file