SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member
    Whew! Glad I'm not wearing one then!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    Gonna make some white BBQ sauce. 
    Yall's the guniea pigs. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    They learn young to throw unfounded accusations, but probably will never be able to spell Racist........................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    OK please let me know what I should bring. I usually bring bottled water/cokes/Gator Aide type drinks.

I can bring some and/or go to the nearest Wal-Martian-Market on Friday. Just let me know.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    We bought paper products, cups hot & cold, and plastic utensils today.
    150 plates
    100 bowls
    100 hot cup
    100 cold cups
    32 sets knife fork spoon
    51 extra spoons
    51 extra forks
    400 2X strong napkins 
    I have a need for speed
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,765 Senior Member
    Same here. What do we need to bring.
    Ned, you get an tiny Olive Fork fer that yummy Key Lime Pie one of the gals makes, I get a mess kit sized poker!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    Naw use yer fingers for olives
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    Naw use yer fingers for olives
    But not fer pie!
    Time is approaching quick, just under 3 weeks until the shoot.........gotta look at my list so I don't fergit anything.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    edited May 12 #373
    Big Chief said:
    Time is approaching quick, just under 3 weeks until the shoot.........gotta look at my list so I don't fergit anything.
    Don't you mean 2 weeks?
    By my count it is EXACTLY 2 weeks from today. You show up in 3 weeks and you'll probably have the place to yourself, save Jerry, Mary and family :p
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited May 12 #374
    Dang, time flies the closer it gets. I keep thinking it is the first week of May..........
    Your "Old timers" is kicking in :rotflmao:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,814 Senior Member
    edited May 12 #376
    Ok... I am getting my orders together for food. I am bringing....

Friday Dinner--
    Gyros
    Greek salad
    French fries
    Ana's cookies

Saturday Lunch--
    Hummus/pita bread
    Ana's cookies

Saturday Dinner--
    Smelt
    Polenta fries
    Tartar Sauce

I will also bring down 20 pounds of chicken leg quarters for Jerry to cook, blue cheese dressing, and 2 slabs of ribs for Debbie to cook. I will also have some 2017 Bum Wine and Shaw Shauce for those of you that get any over Christmas. Plus I will be bringing 5 gallon coolers filled with sweet and unsweet iced tea.
    What was the cost per head for Friday night?

I've got to get cheese to smoke, and make my white BBQ sauce. 
    And a butt load of other stuff to get ready. Wouldn't be a SE shoot trip if I wasn't scrambling at the last minute. 
    Zee
    knitepoet said:

$5.
    Oh, the polenta and some of the cookies will be made with Woodsrunner's cornmeal.
    knitepoet said:

$5.
    Plus tip. To be stuffed into the chefs banana hammock. 
    Wait. That was supposed to be a surprise. 
    Zee
    cpj said:
    knitepoet said:

$5.
    Plus tip. To be stuffed into the chefs banana hammock. 
    Wait. That was supposed to be a surprise. 
    Don't forget to tip the dancer!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
    So girlfriend and I are going to make it. Will call and make reservations today. Sounds like we'll need some more ribs for Saturday so will look for a deal and pick up a couple slabs to bring. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    edited May 12 #384
    Not that I'm going to bring all this, but the ammo for my yet to be acquired Garand showed up today:

Hopefully, I have good luck in Aniston! I'll see if I can get the rifle Ned was issued...

The rifle Ned was issued is smoothbore and takes round balls. That ammo won't fit. 
    Zee
    Hmmm... I'll be bringing some of those too for my CVA pistol.

So girlfriend and I are going to make it. Will call and make reservations today. Sounds like we'll need some more ribs for Saturday so will look for a deal and pick up a couple slabs to bring. 
    Excellent. 
    I've seen your alter ego Cotton Candy, so you just go ahead and bring your "girlfriend".  We don't judge. 
    Does Jerm need to bring the cheap ass .223 ammo what for you to spank our asses with in the 300 yard shoot?
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Hmmm... I'll be bringing some of those too for my CVA pistol.
    My CVA shoots .223 Remington
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Excellent. 
    I've seen your alter ego Cotton Candy, so you just go ahead and bring your "girlfriend".  We don't judge. 
    Does Jerm need to bring the cheap ass .223 ammo what for you to spank our asses with in the 300 yard shoot?
    I think I may still have the rest of the same box, or at least another box from thr same lot. Definitely bringing the rifle and the same ammo. We'll see how it goes.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Since it isn't limited to 22cal center fires anymore, broke out a brand new bag of Grendel brass (AA stamped Lapua) and will load them from the same lot of powder and bullets that I used for my 100 yard card splitting load.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,391 Senior Member
    Just wondering if the ATF changed the regulation on Bumpfire stocks yet. I would like to use mine one last time before the hammer drops on those things.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file