SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,753 Senior Member
    Someone tell my wife what we need to bring to eat before she drives me crazy. We can get a couple racks of ribs but what else. Might bring my 22-250 if I get time to shoot it before then.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,067 Senior Member
    Bring a side dish. Bring a desert. Ain't no big deal. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,463 Senior Member
    Wife will be making Red Eggs and I will bring Cigars for those that indulge
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Wife will be making Red Eggs and I will bring Cigars for those that indulge
    <3
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,773 Senior Member
    Someone tell my wife what we need to bring to eat before she drives me crazy. We can get a couple racks of ribs but what else. Might bring my 22-250 if I get time to shoot it before then.

Sometimes making something and bringing it in all that heat is too much.

Bring some chips and soft drinks.
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Just wondering if the ATF changed the regulation on Bumpfire stocks yet. I would like to use mine one last time before the hammer drops on those things.
    Bring it and shoot it like ya stole it! The bump stocks are still legal in the state of TN. The bill to ban them failed miserably in April this year. Seems some legislators got an earful from their constituents and voted for freedom!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,976 Senior Member
    On a related note, I don't think belt loops and shoestrings have been outlawed, either- - - - -bump away!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,388 Senior Member
    THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,670 Senior Member
    Ammo is packed...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,463 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Ammo is packed...
    Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow
    Now to decide just what guns to bring, the list keeps changing
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Nothing packed nothing ready.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,773 Senior Member
    Nothing packed nothing ready.

same
    I have a need for speed
    I may pull the home made trailer we built to lock stuff up in. Jeeps with soft tops easy pickings.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,799 Senior Member
    Picked up the smelt, pita bread, gyro meat, ribs, and taters for the french fries today. Plus most of the non-perishable stuff for Greek salads. I still got to get chicken and start making and freezing polenta.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    I hope this 10-day Huntsville AL weather forecast holds up and is about the same for Teach's neck of the woods.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Huntsville+AL+USAL0287:1:US

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    The low in the GoM might change it.

I know the central AL forecast has changed considerably in the last 48/72 hours
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

We are gettin rain in FLA all this week...........good news is it will help the drought conditions and cut back on wildfires, we are coming outta the dry season. 

So far been been a drizzle to light rain to soak in with some spots of heavy downpours.

Bad news is after the ground gets saturated it will run off and flood those areas prone to flooding.

I'll take it, though. 

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,008 Senior Member
    Been in the 90s for the last 5 days.  Now it's supposed to rain for the next 5.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Working on cornmeal/butterscotch cookie and polenta recipes now.
    Cookies are really good.A bit more "cakey" than I like so I will cut back on the baking powder a bit. I will try another one without the butterscotch chips too and see if I like them.

Polenta-- batch 1 was a bit too salty for ultimately deep frying them so I cut back a bit on the salt and veggie base. Batch 2 is turning out nicely. If it works out, I will adapt it for "Instant Pots" and go from there.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,835 Senior Member
    Can somebody give me the phone number for the Motel 6 at the Pulaski exit for the SE shoot? I thought I saved it but can't find it in this mess.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    1-800-sex-talk
    Cookies are really good.A bit more "cakey" than I like so I will cut back on the baking powder a bit. I will try another one without the butterscotch chips too and see if I like them.

Polenta-- batch 1 was a bit too salty for ultimately deep frying them so I cut back a bit on the salt and veggie base. Batch 2 is turning out nicely. If it works out, I will adapt it for "Instant Pots" and go from there.
    Jeremy, are you doing the same thing this year for Friday supper? If so I'm planning on being there.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Exit 14 motel 6

931-363-4501
    edited May 16 #416

Think of it as basically a stiff cornmeal mush. I am going to try and cut it into french fry sized pieces and make them like fries.
    Think I'll wait and hit Walmart after I get there. Go to Teach's Friday morning and leave my guns there for safekeeping cause I don't wanna leave them in the hotel room or Walmart parking lot unattended.

That way Mrs Mary and folks can tell me what is needed and I'll go get it.

I think they said there was one about 20 miles away in Fayetteville??????
    edited May 17 #419
    A request: Can someone bring an M9 or M9 clone to the Shoot?

Thanks.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Think I'll wait and hit Walmart after I get there. Go to Teach's Friday morning and leave my guns there for safekeeping cause I don't wanna leave them in the hotel room or Walmart parking lot unattended.

That way Mrs Mary and folks can tell me what is needed and I'll go get it.

I think they said there was one about 20 miles away in Fayetteville??????
    Big Chief, if ya want some company on that trip we can go together. I need to get some 'stuff', too. :)

Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Polenta fries batch #2 made it to the test fryer. It was an utter disaster. Cut into fries, frozen, then tossed into hot oil, the polenta essentially dissolved and made a hugh jass mess. Part of it was came out as greasy goo, some of it was some very tasty type cracklins. I am going to try batch 3 now with less water in the polenta, cut the onions out, and back off on the salt even more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file