SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    Did Ned give you a good talkin to about the birds and the bees 'Klinger'? :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,068 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Knitepoet gave you the run down on the where and when. Here's the what.
    Friday evening, eat too much, enjoy some colebeers and jackassery.
    Saturday morning, gather round for more jackassery, shoot more guns then you've ever seen at one place.
    Saturday noonish, eat till you're bloated.
    After lunch, more jackassery and shooting.
    Saturday evening, eat till you can't eat another bite, more adult beverages, more jackassery.
    Basically it's a couple days of eating and cutting up, with a bit of shooting mixed in. :tooth:

Oh. And we have a guy in a skirt, too.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,799 Senior Member
    We will be having gyros Friday evening. $5/head. All you can eat. Saturday lunch is potluck. Saturday dinner is surf and turf-- typically fish, shrimp, and ribs are featured.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,502 Senior Member
    Knitepoet gave you the run down on the where and when. Here's the what.
    Friday evening, eat too much, enjoy some colebeers and jackassery.
    Saturday morning, gather round for more jackassery, shoot more guns then you've ever seen at one place.
    Saturday noonish, eat till you're bloated.
    After lunch, more jackassery and shooting.
    Saturday evening, eat till you can't eat another bite, more adult beverages, more jackassery.
    Basically it's a couple days of eating and cutting up, with a bit of shooting mixed in.
    Oh. And we have a guy in a skirt, too.

Did you warn him about napping around the campfire.........oh....right....new guy.....never mind, shhhhh.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,976 Senior Member
    Saturday lunch will definitely include my pulled pork BBQ and buffalo chicken- - - - -drumsticks and thighs- - - -a guy could starve to death trying to make a meal out of wings! There's usually enough variety of food at lunch, thanks to everybody bringing their own specialty dishes, to feed a small army! There's always plenty to drink (non-alcoholic during shooting time) and the adult beverages come out once the guns are secured!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    olesniper wrote: »
    Did you warn him about napping around the campfire.........oh....right....new guy.....never mind, shhhhh.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Once everyone is done eating Saturday they all gather around the fire for a short nap.
    Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,046 Senior Member
    I think I'm up to eight or nine steel targets from four to eight inches along with a new 60% uspsa target in ar500. I'll be bringing all of that along with a 10'x10' canopy, the obligatory shrimp, potatoes, and corn, the two burner cooker, Debbie's almost famous key lime/mango pies, and I haven't decided on a lunch item yet. Prolly some shrimp dip, smoked mackeral dip, and boudin if everyone liked it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Made my reservation this afternoon.

What CPJ said about napping around the campfire is a good idea. We stay until the last dog drags in off the trail so you need to stay refreshed.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Teach wrote: »
    Saturday lunch will definitely include my pulled pork BBQ and buffalo chicken- - - - -drumsticks and thighs- - - -a guy could starve to death trying to make a meal out of wings! There's usually enough variety of food at lunch, thanks to everybody bringing their own specialty dishes, to feed a small army! There's always plenty to drink (non-alcoholic during shooting time) and the adult beverages come out once the guns are secured!
    Jerry

I'll bring you another cooler full of drumsticks or thighs.
    That $50.00 rate sounds pretty good. If they're willing to do that, I doubt that an in-person visit would get it lowered much, if at all. I spend a lot of time traveling and staying in flea bag accomodations all over the southeast. A clean place right next to an interstate for under $75.00 a night for a single is just about unheard-of! Be sure to call direct- - - -don't rely on a website booking to get that price.
    Jerry

The young lady I talked to tried to make it sound like I got a better deal than I really did. I could have booked through Expedia or Motel 6 and got the room for $53. She told me the price was $55 but I could get it for $49.99. Two days plus taxes and service charges will be $114 and change. My stay at the Quality Inn, in Athens, ALABAMA, last year, was $109 but its a 30 minute drive.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    My ar500 "Mini-Man" has been fixed and should be willing to soak up anything short of Mike's "BIG 50"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,672 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Far as shootin...........a model 624 .44 Spl plenty of reloads for NN and all is first on the list..........new Buck Mark pistol with improved trigger. New Ruger AR MPR 556 and something different from last year besides those I brought then.

How about one of my Mosin Nagants with a Howling Raven muzzle brake that makes it a putty cat to shoot now?

I'll have to thunk on others. I'm open to requests.

And that awful lookin Nutcracker to turn into splinters.........maybe I'll throw in a brick of bulk .22 to the first one to hit it with an iron sighted handgun @ 100 yards...........or whatever we can come up with.

I'd love to try your Mosin, and I've never shot a Buckmark. I think I shot the 624 last year, it was pretty gentle as I recall.

Anybody have an M1 Garand I could try?

Anybody wanna try a Nambu?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    olesniper wrote: »
    The young lady I talked to tried to make it sound like I got a better deal than I really did. I could have booked through Expedia or Motel 6 and got the room for $53. She told me the price was $55 but I could get it for $49.99. Two days plus taxes and service charges will be $114 and change. My stay at the Quality Inn, in Athens, ALABAMA, last year, was $109 but its a 30 minute drive.

I just asked right up front, "Special SE shoot rate is $50/nite, rite?". Yep, $49.99 + the usual taxes makes it $57-something.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,799 Senior Member
    $50/night, especially on a major holiday weekend is a great rate. That is what I have to pay for dive rooms when we work out of town-- if we get lucky. Otherwise they are at least $65 to $75 a night. Those rooms there are actually pretty decent now too. I am all for saving a buck, but come on people!
    Jermanator wrote: »
    $50/night, especially on a major holiday weekend is a great rate. That is what I have to pay for dive rooms when we work out of town-- if we get lucky. Otherwise they are at least $65 to $75 a night. Those rooms there are actually pretty decent now too. I am all for saving a buck, but come on people!

Yeppers. Besides, the (apparent) reduction from $55 to $50 pays for Friday nite dinner! :up:

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,835 Senior Member
    May not happen for me this year. I will probably be across the pond at that time. Immigration threw a crowbar in my gears and has caused me a six month postponement on my plans.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    zorba wrote: »
    Yeppers. Besides, the (apparent) reduction from $55 to $50 pays for Friday nite dinner! :up:

It may pay for dinner, but you still have to tip the cook/waitstaff. On second thought, you keep the tip to yourself.
    Zee
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,388 Senior Member
    May not happen for me this year. I will probably be across the pond at that time. Immigration threw a crowbar in my gears and has caused me a six month postponement on my plans.

Oh, that sucks man. Sorry you might not make it.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,388 Senior Member
    Just made my reservation. 5 nights for 49.99 a night. Pretty good deal I'd say.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
    It may pay for dinner, but you still have to tip the cook/waitstaff. On second thought, you keep the tip to yourself.

Yep, you don't know where that dollar's been! :tooth:

"Aw- - - -come on- - - - -it's only the tip!"
    :devil:
    Jerry

Hope it works out, you'll be missed if not.

"Aw- - - -come on- - - - -it's only the tip!"
    :devil:
    Jerry

You win the Internet.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that snake
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    zorba wrote: »
    Pretty much! I attended my 1st last year, had a "blast", and met lotsa good folks. Learned a LOT too - which was great. Folks share their knowledge freely, this tyro came away knowing a lot more than when I showed up!

Wives and significant others are also welcome
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,046 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Wives and significant others are also welcome

Last year Debbie didn't even go up to the range, she was enjoying the socializing with the "apron ladies". She was really excited when she was awarded her own apron.:applause:
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,415 Senior Member
    Is that Pulaski, TN? More or less? It isn't that far, I might attend this year if I'm still above ground.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Halfway between Pulaski and Fayetteville, close to Interstate 65. We're about 10 miles north of the Alabama/Tennessee border. Depending on where you live, either drive I-75 past Atlanta to Chattanooga and go west on I-24, or run northwest from the Phenix City area and make your way to I-65 around Birmingham. Both routes have their good and bad points. I'd rather take a beating than drive anywhere near Atlanta!
    Jerry
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Is that Pulaski, TN? More or less? It isn't that far, I might attend this year if I'm still above ground.
    Yes, the hotel we "invade" is off I-65 exit 14 in Pulaski TN
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I think I'm up to eight or nine steel targets from four to eight inches along with a new 60% uspsa target in ar500. I'll be bringing all of that along with a 10'x10' canopy, the obligatory shrimp, potatoes, and corn, the two burner cooker, Debbie's almost famous key lime/mango pies, and I haven't decided on a lunch item yet. Prolly some shrimp dip, smoked mackeral dip, and boudin if everyone liked it.

Her keylime/mango pie is to die for, shrimp is top ahelf, add boudin is hard to find down this way and excellent when good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file