SE Shoot 2018

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,131 Senior Member
    Another chart so if you aim @ 100 yards fer Woody's haid (if you can see it) you should be able to hit his lower gut and turn it into sawdust with a Tok hit because it is still cooking along @ 1307 FPS @ 100 yards!

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.handgun-ballistics.html
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Tennmike is correct it does act like a .30 Carbine and from a pistol.

7.62X25 TOK has 1645 FPE at the muzzle and 322 FPE left @ 100 yards. M-1 .30 Carbine has 1790 at the muzzle and 493 FPE @ 100 yards.

Of course using soft points in the Carbine and HP or XTPs in the TOK make it much mo better.
    I loaded some XTPs years ago for the CZ 52. I think I have a full box of Win factory FMJ for it some place.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,976 Senior Member
    This should be fun and educational for a tyro like me to watch!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,550 Senior Member
    The same gun is fine for shooting a group, but to hit POA you need to have a gun sighted in for the individual. Maybe it's because I am left handed, someone else's guns rarely shoot POA for me. They won't be off far, but enough to miss that target....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    The CZ 52 has small fixed sights, I gotta check to see if the rear is drift-able....sorta reminds me of GI 1911s

Everyone should be able to handle the recoil.

So are we in agreement it will be the contest gun? I have no qualms one way or the other using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcAAG4RiDyE
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,017 Senior Member
    Here's mine- - - - -it's in "as issued" condition and it hasn't been shot in a while. Yes, the rear sight is in a dovetail, so it can be adjusted for windage. As I recall, it shot pretty much to point of aim and it was pretty accurate.

10689CZ-52_002.jpg

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,258 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    If you can resist the temptation to dry fire, the firing pins aren't a problem, and they're not that hard to make from drill rod.
    Jerry

As cheap as J&G were selling the firing pins at the time, I just ordered 4, just in case.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

CZ 52 has a 3 position safety. On Safe/Fire/Hammer Drop (De-cocker). I fergit the sequence like middle/top/bottom. I need to re-familiarize myself, been a while since I fired it. I paid 100 bucks for mine. Got interested in it and reloading for it, then my interest went elsewhere.
    Just ordered a couple CZ 52 mags, I can only find one. I thought I bought a couple extra ones some years ago, but can't find them. I did find the CZ 83 (9X18 Mak) extra ones I bought. They all have went up in $$$............

Got them off eBay, new Czech mil surplus. I saw some made by CZ USA out there too. I guess they should work just fine too, I dunno. I haven't been keeping up with the CZ 52 shooters forums to see what is working and what is junk lately.

I do need an aftermarket hardened steel FP or a kit of some kind they have out there.
    Now you clowns are going to make me want a CZ 52! How hard to get/expensive is the ammo?

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    zorba wrote: »
    Now you clowns are going to make me want a CZ 52! How hard to get/expensive is the ammo?

Don't know- - - -I bought a set of reloading dies and some Starline brass, and a chamber reamer and headspace gauge some time ago. I made a 7.62X25 plinker rifle from a 20 gauge shotgun a few years ago, and loaded up a bunch of rounds that wouldn't cycle through the pistol magazine, all the way up to a 130 grain bullet. Fun project!

7_62_Tok_dummies_003.jpg

106897_62X25_rifle_007.jpg

Jerry
    Big Chief wrote: »

Cheaper than .32 ACP from my local Mall*Wart!

Jerry, you should be able to get an extractor/ejector for the Handi Rifle for .22 Hornet and modify the extractor/ejector height to make it work for the 7.62x25 case head.

That's not a Handi Rifle- - - -it's some kind of Chinese copy of an H&R shotgun, I believe.  I'll probably figure out something better than picking the cases out of the chamber with a screwdriver, eventually!

Jerry

Teach said:

That's not a Handi Rifle- - - -it's some kind of Chinese copy of an H&R shotgun, I believe.  I'll probably figure out something better than picking the cases out of the chamber with a screwdriver, eventually!

Jerry

Looks like the same extractor as the H&R shotgun, though. And if the Chinese copy is a close copy of the H&R I'd bet you could get the H&R extractor for the Handi Rifle to fit.

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 365 Member
    Just turn one on the lathe that’s stepped and lips to the chamber, add a spring and pin in through the side of the barrel. Break it open and out goes the empty.

There's a little more geometry involved with an extractor for a rimless case- - - -it has to cam down a little to disengage the extractor from the groove in the cartridge.  I got distracted (squirrel!) before I got the design perfected.

Jerry

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,530 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Teach said:

Jerry

Looks like the same extractor as the H&R shotgun, though. And if the Chinese copy is a close copy of the H&R I'd bet you could get the H&R extractor for the Handi Rifle to fit.
    Ejector for a .223 Rem. Handi Rifle should be a pretty close match. Should need very little fitting. And it a rimless round. Might need to replace the ejector latch with a ejector cam.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    Teach said:

There's a little more geometry involved with an extractor for a rimless case- - - -it has to cam down a little to disengage the extractor from the groove in the cartridge.  I got distracted (squirrel!) before I got the design perfected.

Jerry

Same here on my .45ACP carbine. It uses a ROUND extractor shaft and a flat ejector. I have the thing drawn out, but haven't got around to diddling with it in the shop yet. Talk about squirrels! Mine are all drunk out of their little minds at a rave party! :smiley:

• RadiowaveRadiowave Posts: 8 New Member
    Did you get a group rate?
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,435 Senior Member
    THEY WILL GIVE YOU LAST YEARS' GROUP RATE IF YOU CALL AND MENTION THE SE SHOOT. Sorry for the caps, forgot to hit the caps key again.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,360 Senior Member
    Radiowave is either a spammer, or a robot. One way or the other, a total P O S. 
    He is copying and pasting peoples posts. He's done mine, breams, and make my days. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj said:
    Radiowave is either a spammer, or a robot. One way or the other, a total P O S. 
    He is copying and pasting peoples posts. He's done mine, breams, and make my days. 
    I don't understand what anyone would get out of doing that, but I'll keep it in mind.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    I'm in a tense standoff, hostage style negotiations with the She Bear to allow me to slip my chains and travel northwest. 

Negotiations are at a stand still. Will update. 
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,874 Senior Member
    Buffco said:
    I'm in a tense standoff, hostage style negotiations with the She Bear to allow me to slip my chains and travel northwest. 

Be good to see you again. Makes me all emotional. 
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    edited March 11 #208
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,939 Senior Member
    I may make it yet, not sure. Depends on when I get my ticket to PIs. Anybody not been go if.you can. It gets interesting.

One bit of advice, don't fall asleep at the camp fire.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,360 Senior Member
    Buffco said:

You work your ass off. You deserve time away.  One weekend won't kill her 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    edited March 11 #211
    Buffco said:

Do what I did when she balked at me going out of town. I take twelve days, including a trip to Johnson City. I told her "I want to have some fun before I die." She eventually accepted it and we're still married, and now it's a yearly event for me. And BTW I go for a week to Maggie Valley, NC to a motorcycle rally too. Women whine to get their own way because they don't want to be inconvenienced by you going away. They generally expect you to cave in to their demands. Cut the ball and chain for once and you will feel a whole lot better. If you insist, she will probably threaten you with something as a consequence, but stay strong. Men put themselves in their own cage, and all the women have to do is whine and/or threaten something ....amazing what control they have, isn't it? Everyone needs a break once in a while, and I don't think two lousy days is too much to ask for, when you work your butt off.

If the issue is not about money or something much more important, there's no excuse for you NOT GOING!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file