Dang Girl Scouts

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,040 Senior Member
It's cookie time around here. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to thin mints and shortbread cookies. I'm working on a sleeve of shortbreads as I type this.

Anyone else have this stupid addiction?
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Not since I found that Dollar General carries very similar cookies...including the choc. coconut carmel (Samoas?). More in a box, less $ and taste almost identical, if not better.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    I heard a news blurb about the smartest girl scout in the world- - - -she set up a card table outside a pot shop in San Diego, and sold 300-something boxes of cookies IN ONE DAY! Now, that's entrepreneurship!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,087 Senior Member
    Thin mints are the only ones I'll eat. And even then, not many. I typically don't eat many sweets.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,810 Senior Member
    Thin mints are the only ones I like anymore, and even those don't get me excited. The rest? Meh. Give me homemade chocolate chip cookies (like my evil daughter makes very well) or double stuff Oreos. Or a good, soft and chewy iced sugar cookie. Now we are talking!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,231 Senior Member
    You Thin Mint fans should try the Oreo Thins mint version ... they are pretty good even without having a chocolate coating.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,422 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Thin mints are the only ones I like anymore, and even those don't get me excited. The rest? Meh. Give me homemade chocolate chip cookies (like my evil daughter makes very well) or double stuff Oreos. Or a good, soft and chewy iced sugar cookie. Now we are talking!
    Any of those or a big, thick chewy oatmeal cookie!!!! Though I will admit that I will stop and give them my money for a box of Samoans...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,764 Senior Member
    Do-si-dos all the way.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,685 Senior Member
    Samoas and whatever those peanut/chocolate ones are. Oh, and the lemon sandwich cookie.

Thin mints SUCK WINGO ****! My wife loves them, but hates York Peppermint Patties, which are my favorite.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,010 Senior Member
    I bought 20 boxes of thin mints about 25 years ago.

Nowadays when I see a Girl Scout...I tell her to get off my lawn.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    I do if I buy the cookies
    I don't buy them anymore, I just them a dollar as a donation
    I have a need for speed
    Now I want COOKIES
    I have a need for speed
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,764 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Now I want COOKIES

Me too. Got Donna to text the girl scout lady to order me some.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,421 Senior Member
    Got to buy Girl Scout cookies...thin mints. I'll contribute more than the asking price because I approve of GS. And, they're really good.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member
    Neighbor behind us was selling. Wife bought some Thin Mints. She says they are in the freezer and she will eat them when it gets warm.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 2,850 Senior Member
    I bought 4 boxes. Guy at work selling them for his daughter. Gave them all to my dad. I won’t eat them. Not real big on sweets.

Just the mention of the thin mints makes me throw up in my mouth a little. There are very few things I won’t eat. Anything mint or peppermint are on the short list of crap I won’t touch. :vomit: I don’t even like toothpaste, but haven’t found beer or beef jerky flavor yet.
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    I like the tag-a-longs myself.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,685 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »

They're OK. I like, or love, all the GS cookies except the aforementioned Thin Mints.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Sorry girls, Clean made cookies today
    I have a need for speed
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,411 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Not since I found that Dollar General carries very similar cookies...including the choc. coconut carmel (Samoas?). More in a box, less $ and taste almost identical, if not better.

Because of you I bought a box of thin mints and peanut butter fudge covered when I went to Dollar General last night. Not the same as GS but for less than $2/bx who cares.
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    I thought I used to sell chocolate chip cookies when I was in scouts but nobody remembers them.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    I thought I used to sell chocolate chip cookies when I was in scouts but nobody remembers them.

Bake sale, maybe? They are quite popular around here for both Girl and Cub Scouts...4H as well.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 397 Member

My favorites also. They got me as I left the grocery store yesterday.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,944 Senior Member
    My wife has been known to by GS cookies by the case.
    Like the thin mints and the peanut butter cookies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file