Sig P365

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,264 Senior Member
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

Has anyone seen these yet? It's a Glock 43 sized 9mm, but holds 10+1 or 12+1 (G26 capacity). I got to handle one today and it genuinely is G43 sized. While I carry a G19 95% of the time, this looks like it could be a viable option for "light t-shirt" CC.

While I'm not fond of how Sig handled the P320 "drop-safe" debacle, this gun looks like a winner if you want a micro sized CC gun.
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 972 Senior Member
    I don’t understand how they got 10 rounds into the mag without ending up with a G26 (I have one) diameter grip or a longer/thinner grip.

If they pulled it off, good on them.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I like the sights.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,764 Senior Member
    I like it.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    I don’t understand how they got 10 rounds into the mag without ending up with a G26 (I have one) diameter grip or a longer/thinner grip.

If they pulled it off, good on them.

IDK either, but believe me they pulled it off. I was skeptical until I saw it in person.
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,617 Senior Member
    The first bore axis to climb Mount Everest. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,422 Senior Member
    BINGO! :win: I’ll be getting one :cool2:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,643 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The first bore axis to climb Mount Everest. . .

Does look a bit excessive.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    Looks like a good one
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Probably by making stuff thinner.

Disclaimer: Sig's notions of what makes sense in pistol design and mine are usually polar opposites, so take it for granted that I approach their product announcements with "What are the idjits doing this week?"

Specifications aside, I'm guessing that when people actually start wrapping their hands around it, sticking it into holsters, and throwing cover shirts over it, this gun is practically going to fall somewhere in between the G43 and G26, and a lot of questions will be asked about how it compares to the S&W M&P Shield.

I've got some concern - not directed at any particular manufacturer - that we may be on the verge of a "specifications war", in which the circular loop of marketing/consumer hype gives us a mania for "Flatter! Lighter! More bullets!" which will override those more reasoned voices who would say "Ummmmm. . .guys, you DO realize this thing is containing and directing an EXPLOSION every time you fire it?" Those of us who actually shoot our guns regularly and occasionally wear out and break things might not be all that well-served by a new crop of offerings that have been pared down to fit an arbitrarily generated list of featherweight specs.
    WWJMBD?

Disclaimer: Sig's notions of what makes sense in pistol design and mine are usually polar opposites, so take it for granted that I approach their product announcements with "What are the idjits doing this week?"

Specifications aside, I'm guessing that when people actually start wrapping their hands around it, sticking it into holsters, and throwing cover shirts over it, this gun is practically going to fall somewhere in between the G43 and G26, and a lot of questions will be asked about how it compares to the S&W M&P Shield.

I've got some concern - not directed at any particular manufacturer - that we may be on the verge of a "specifications war", in which the circular loop of marketing/consumer hype gives us a mania for "Flatter! Lighter! More bullets!" which will override those more reasoned voices who would say "Ummmmm. . .guys, you DO realize this thing is containing and directing an EXPLOSION every time you fire it?" Those of us who actually shoot our guns regularly and occasionally wear out and break things might not be all that well-served by a new crop of offerings that have been pared down to fit an arbitrarily generated list of featherweight specs.

Well said. There are no free lunches when it comes to weight, recoil & accuracy.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,161 Senior Member
    Looks about the same size as my M&P Compact. That gives me 12 rounds in hand and 17 in a spare.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

I am a simple minded man.
    I shoot my guns a lot.
    This is not an IDPA candidate and I’m not expecting ANY plastic gun of mine to be carried by my great grandchildren. That’s what my 1911s and pretty rifles are for...
    If it’s really the size of a 43 and I get 3 more shots , I’m in!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Is it hammer fired?
    Striker fired?
    Both?

U.S._Army_Hammer_Fired_Striker-4_800x.jpg?v=1514385577
    Overkill is underrated.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member
    I'd like to try one fer sure. Using my calibrated eyeball through the computer screen, it *looks* to me that the grip is a bit fatter than a G43 or LC9s - but probably not unacceptably so. Any idea what it costs?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,473 Senior Member
    Watched the video and it looks like a staggered magazine instead of a double stack. Once they are out for a while and there are no issues, I will have a SW Shield and a Glock 43 for sale.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    https://youtu.be/n29qgsP9B-E

Looking at Hickok’s video, it looks like SIG did a great job on the magazine vs the G26 mags. From what I can tell, the SIG magazine featured a less severe taper and less wasted space (for the spring) at the bottom of the mag.

If it proves reliable, they may have a game changing pistol on thier hands.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,961 Senior Member
    "Low Bore Axis" is an over-rated commodity. Until shooters had it, they didn't know they needed it... and a lot of them decided they don't really need it.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    That’s definitely smaller than my M&P9c!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member
    https://youtu.be/n29qgsP9B-E

Looking at Hickok’s video, it looks like dig did a great job on the magazine vs the G26 mags. From what I can tell, the Sig magazine featured a less severe taper and less wasted space (for the spring) at the bottom of the mag.

If it proves reliable, they may have a game changing pistol on thier hands.

They may indeed - Hickok also did a side-by-side comparison to my own carry piece, the Ruger LC9s. Virtually identical size-wise. I'd love to see what Sig did inside their magazine, I'm thinking a special mag spring of some kind - perhaps a "square-conical" type of winding so it compacts down more?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Who is going to get one first? Sure would like to feel one in my hand before I decide.
    Who is going to get one first? Sure would like to feel one in my hand before I decide.

If I didn’t have a G26 and LCP, I would have one on order. If it proves reliable, I might have to get rid of the Glock for it.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,099 Senior Member
    That's what she said.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    "Low Bore Axis" is an over-rated commodity. Until shooters had it, they didn't know they needed it... and a lot of them decided they don't really need it.
    Ive always liked SIGS and now that I have two that actually fit my hand I’m back in love with them. I’ve been wanting a slim 9mm for a while and could not make up my mind on which one. Indesicion might have worked for me for once :tooth:
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member
    The video mentioned Siglight night sights, which are nothing special. But the web site specs those XRAY3 Day/Night sights, which look pretty cool.

I like the size and capacity, but verboten here in lala land.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    cpj wrote: »
    That's what she said.

Yes she did. That's why we been married 29 years.:roll2:
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,264 Senior Member

It might be me. I'm trying to tell myself to wait until the first wave comes out and we start seeing some reviews.
    I don't see a trigger safety on it. Surely the safety isn't one of them looooong annoying trigger pulls. It says pull around 5 pounds.

One can somewhat forgive Sig this on a hammer-fired gun, because you need to have a pivot point for a hammer in such a place that you get sufficient swing to get adequate swat on a primer. But to maintain that towering offset on a striker-fired gun that no longer has that need. . ."German Engineering". . .mmmmmyeah.

And no, low bore is not a new idea - JMB, circa 1900:

Sig HAD it right until they decided we needed DA triggers to protect us from ourselves.

Isn't advancing tech supposed to be about. . .y'know. . .ADVANCING? :bang:
    WWJMBD?

Just watched Hickok's video and I'm in :love:
    The one gap I have in my gear is a pocket-sized carry piece. My Shield, the smallest, is just too big to drop in a pants pocket.

****, now I’m gonna have to go look at this...

NRA Endowment Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file